Jesus#39; Resurrection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    So do you think that when Peter said
    “this shall never happen to you”
    he was referring to the resurrection of Jesus?

Towshab
    Participant

No, likely he meant the death. You know why Peter feared this? Because the real King Messiah was not supposed to die, at least not until the messianic age was ushered in. But since Peter knew Jesus died, why would he be baffled if the body was missing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Do you think the rough old fisherman knew the torah back to front?
    All he knew was that Jesus was the way to go.
    “To whom else can we go? You have the words of eternal life.”

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2008,16:03)
    Hi tow,
    Do you think the rough old fisherman knew the torah back to front?
    All he knew was that Jesus was the way to go.
    “To whom else can we go? You have the words of eternal life.”

His supposed resurrection has absolutely nothing to do with Tanakh, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Or are you saying that if Peter would have known Tanakh he would have walked away from Jesus too? Is that what you are trying to say?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    What is amazing is what detail is recorded years after the events happened.
    That is beyond the capacity of humans.
    It is the work of God.

Towshab
    Participant

What detail? Were you there? Then how do you know that the supposed detail is not just fiction. Harry Potter reads much better.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    We know what you prefer but because of faith we did not need to be there.
    What is written is the truth.

Towshab
    Participant

The Book of Mormon is written. Koran is written. Urantia Book is written. Harry Potter is written. Do you accept them as truth then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You can believe what you will as your foundation is sand.
    If you were a believer you would take the same approach to scripture that Jesus and the apostles and prophets did.
    2 Kings 22:13
    Go ye, enquire of the LORD for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.
    1 Chronicles 16:40
    To offer burnt offerings unto the LORD upon the altar of the burnt offering continually morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the law of the LORD, which he commanded Israel;

Ezra 6:18
    And they set the priests in their divisions, and the Levites in their courses, for the service of God, which is at Jerusalem; as it is written in the book of Moses.

Nehemiah 8:14
    And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month:
    Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
    Matthew 4:6
    And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    Matthew 21:13
    And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
    Luke 3:4
    As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
    Luke 22:37
    For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
    Romans 11:8
    (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
    1 Corinthians 3:19
    For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Romans 12:19
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Stu
    Participant

And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month:

They should dwell in booths? And sell the Lord's own brand of ice-cream in the summer?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You who say he perhaps believes in God
    have a right old time mocking him,
    for now.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,13:46)
    Hi Stu,
    for now.

Can you read, Nick? Or are you a bot?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    If you cannot exclude the possibility of God
    then you do believe in God.
    jump.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2008,20:37)
    Hi tow,
    You can believe what you will as your foundation is sand.
    If you were a believer you would take the same approach to scripture that Jesus and the apostles and prophets did.
    2 Kings 22:13
    Go ye, enquire of the LORD for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.
    1 Chronicles 16:40
    To offer burnt offerings unto the LORD upon the altar of the burnt offering continually morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the law of the LORD, which he commanded Israel;

Ezra 6:18
    And they set the priests in their divisions, and the Levites in their courses, for the service of God, which is at Jerusalem; as it is written in the book of Moses.

Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
    Matthew 4:6
    And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    Matthew 21:13
    And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
    Luke 3:4
    As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
    Luke 22:37
    For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
    Romans 11:8
    (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
    1 Corinthians 3:19
    For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Romans 12:19
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Do you obey Torah Nick? For you just listed several passages about obeying Torah. If you are quoting these for me, quote them for yourself as well since you say you believe in 100% of this.

Or do you?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,20:50)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,13:46)
    Hi Stu,
    for now.

Can you read, Nick? Or are you a bot?

Stuart

A bot.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2008,21:21)
    Hi Stu,
    If you cannot exclude the possibility of God
    then you do believe in God.
    jump.

Hey Nick,

If Tanakh shows that Jesus is not the King Messiah, then you believe he is not since you say the bible is 100% infallible.
    Jump.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You do not accept tanakh any way so you points lack validity.
    Grasp the NT and you will find he is and ever was.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,12:02)
    Hi Tow,
    You do not accept tanakh any way so you points lack validity.

I accept it in many ways. In your mind though I don't. But again, since you say it is 100% true, then you seem to be missing something because you ignore all of the messianic passages.

Grasp the NT and you will find he is and ever was.

I already grasp it. Just as I grasp any other fiction filled with magic tricks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    So these are the same sorts of magic that you say the prophets lied about?
    So no foundation except sand and no building except straw.
    Don't think your religion will last.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,13:42)
    Hi tow,
    So these are the same sorts of magic that you say the prophets lied about?

As usual Nick, you continue with your own line of reasoning even though I have been abundantly clear what I believe. Yet if it makes you feel better about your false religion to think this way, I'll allow you to continue to misrepresent me.

So no foundation except sand and no building except straw.

Yes, it is best to build a foundation on magic tricks. After all, you Christians are pulling off these magic tricks on a daily basis, right?

Don't think your religion will last.

Really? My religion has been followed for much longer than yours. Its call “reality” and more people follow it than any other.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account