Jesus, the Son of God is the beginning.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Had God really forsaken David or is that how he was feeling?

Nick, Psalms 22 is not about David.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So was he only in prophetic mode when he penned it or did it have the usual dual meaning?

You tell me?

NickHassan
    Participant

dual

You think? Prove it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Do your own research .

I already know the answer.

david
    Participant

ok, fine, I'll do the research. Give me a minute.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Joshua 1.5
    “No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses I will be with you;I will not fail you or forsake you”

God did not forsake Joshua.
    Would he forsake His own Son?

When Jesus became our sin, God could not be with the Son. If that is forsaking, I don't know what it is. If the Father did not turn from the son, the son would not have said, Father, why hast thou forsaken me. Yet, this was only to his death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I guess we have to look to the scapegoat and it's destiny to understand what happened with Christ. Who else can help here?.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Lev 16.2 f
    “Aaron shall cast lots for the two goats, one lot for the Lord and the other lot for the scapegoat. Then Aaron shall offer the goat on which the lot for the Lord fell and make it a sin offering. But the goat on which the lot for the scapegoat fell shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make atonement upon it, to send it into the wilderness as a scapegoat..
    …Then he shall slaughter the goat of the sin offering which is for the people, and bring it's blood inside the veil….
    …Then Aaron shall lay both of his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the sons of Israel and all their transgressions in regard to all their sins and he shall lay them on the head of the goat and send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who stands in readiness. The goat shall bear on itself all the iniquities to a solitary land; and he shall release the goat into the wilderness”

Did someone say the goat always died soon after by falling from a cliff? I do not know but I heard something like that somewhere.

Anyway it is a type of the desolation of the Son of God as the goat is sent from the temple bearing disgrace so also the Son at least felt desolate and alone. What do others think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The slain goat also seems to be a type of the Son of God offered as a sin offering. It is almost surprising to me that the type of “scapegoat” is never applied directly to Jesus in the New Testament.
    Perhaps the lamb is too strongly associated with him and sheep and goats have opposite meanings in Matt 25?

They humiliated him. He could have with one word spoke them out of
    existance. Yet, he didn't. He was punched all over his body. They
    pulled pieces of his bread. They took a wipe and beat him so badly
    that he was so weak, they had to get someone to carry his cross the
    rest of the way to calvary. They took a crown of thorns and punctured
    several places on his head as they forced it on him. He was taken and
    stood in front of his own people abd they chose a murdered over him
    and yelled that he be crucified. He was beaten so badly that he was
    unrecognizable. And he said, while nailed to the cross, ” Father,
    forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Perhaps Is 1.18 can help here with the scapegoat aspect?

You have taken away from the path of the original post. Let us stick with the original subject. Do you believe Jesus is the spoken word of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I am not sure who H is addressing here so anyone is free to answer the question.

Many don't understand that God begat his Son, the Word in the beginning, even before the heavens and the earth and by the Son and through the Son the Father created all things.

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

NickHassan
    Participant

amen.
    He is the Life.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account