Jesus, THE Messiah?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 752 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 18 2007,13:18)
    You will know them by their fruits Ken.

Y'shua did not have to tell us to keep the Feasts even though He did, you just don't see it yet. He said Follow Me. If you truly followed Him, you would do as He did! He kept His Father's Feasts and was and is our living example!!!!
    Laurel

Laurel you didn't answer the question.

“When the young rich ruler asked How do I get to heaven. Did Jesus say keep the feasts?”

Gees If feasts are SOOO Important as you think then when asked the question HOW DO I ENTER INTO HEAVEN wouldn't Jesus not have said you must Keep the commandments AND Feasts.

Instead HE (your Messiah) said to keep the commandments and even quoted some of them. And if you want to be perfect then sell all your positions and give it to the poor and follow Him.

Not one word about your important feasts NOT ONE! Would He had left the feasts out if we were to “continue” to keep them?

Read Romans Chapter 14.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 18 2007,09:04)

Y'shua did not have to tell us to keep the Feasts even though He did, you just don't see it yet. He said Follow Me. If you truly followed Him, you would do as He did! He kept His Father's Feasts and was and is our living example!!!!
    Laurel

“When the young rich ruler asked How do I get to heaven. Did Jesus say keep the feasts?”

Gees If feasts are SOOO Important as you think then when asked the question HOW DO I ENTER INTO HEAVEN wouldn't Jesus not have said you must Keep the commandments AND Feasts.

Instead HE (your Messiah) said to keep the commandments and even quoted some of them. And if you want to be perfect then sell all your positions and give it to the poor and follow Him.

Not one word about your important feasts NOT ONE! Would He had left the feasts out if we were to “continue” to keep them?

Read Romans Chapter 14.

Ken,

This passage says nothing of perfection. The man asked how to inherit eternal life so according to Jesus all of you Christians who haven't sold all of your possessions and given the money to the poor are going to be burning in hell next to me.

Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
    Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
    Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
    Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
    Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
    Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
    Mar 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

So all of you Christians be sure to have garage sales this coming weekend and sell all of your possessions. Give the proceeds to the poor and you can have eternal life!

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 19 2007,01:51)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 18 2007,13:59)
    Colossians 2:16
    Let no man therefore judge you in meat and drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon; or of the sabbath days.

Stuart

Not bad Stu :)  

Col 2:14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

What did He nail to the cross?  If it were the Ten then indeed scripture contradicts itself.

1Co 7:19  Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

1Jo 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Today in the USA there are over 4 million laws on the books! These are over and above and contradict YHWH's Torah!! The Pharisees who were not the high priest appointed by YHWH, were doing the same thing. They had an entire book of laws that had nothing to do with Torah. Their book the Talmud is still in use today bt Orthodox Jews.

These are the “civil” decrees and “judgments” that were nailed to the cross, NOT THE TORAH you fool!!!

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Ken,
    If you were circumcised you wouldn't have a problem with the Torah. Because you aren't, you are against it. Just to remind you, circumcision is that of the heart. We allow the old man to die and put on a new man.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 19 2007,03:32)
    Ken,
    If you were circumcised you wouldn't have a problem with the Torah. Because you aren't, you are against it. Just to remind you, circumcision is that of the heart. We allow the old man to die and put on a new man.

Whatever Laurie you and Tow know. Hey that rhymes :laugh:

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 19 2007,03:23)

Laurel

Read Romans Chapter 14.

Ken,

This passage says nothing of perfection. The man asked how to inherit eternal life so according to Jesus all of you Christians who haven't sold all of your possessions and given the money to the poor are going to be burning in hell next to me.

Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
    Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
    Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
    Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
    Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
    Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
    Mar 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

So all of you Christians be sure to have garage sales this coming weekend and sell all of your possessions. Give the proceeds to the poor and you can have eternal life!

Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
    Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 19 2007,04:25)

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 19 2007,03:32)
    Ken,

Whatever Laurie you and Tow know. Hey that rhymes :laugh:

BTW Laurel I don't have a problem with the “Torah” you do. The Torah doesn't bother me If it did I would do as you and Tow do. But the SPIRIT that is in me does not give me any conviction that I have to keep the OLD Covenant.

Jesus did not say we had to keep the feasts that He fulfilled.

The Ten commandments were written by God in stone and under the New Covenant on our hearts and minds. He gave the rest of the law to Moses to write BECAUSE Moses is not~ “ETERNAL”~ GET IT? :D

You are still in part ONE :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 19 2007,00:15)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 18 2007,01:34)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 18 2007,17:06)
    How many 'true' Christians are in the world? Would you all be willing to take 'the test'? To prove your Christianity please handles snakes and drink poison.

Mar 16:17  And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
    Mar 16:18  they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Tow, you obviously speak of such things with no real-life experience of such things.

Christians DO the things that are mentioned in scripture!  I have done all of these things in my walk with the Lord.  Picking up snakes and drinking poison – since when does a Christian have the opportunity to do this?  Could this possibly be a metaphor?  You bet it could.  Could it mean that danger would not harm you?  Sure it could.

Yes I've heard of churches that handle snakes. Those people are the ones that may be missing an eye or hand too.

But how many Christians try to drink a good slug of Drano to check out their faith?

How many documented cases of faith healing have taken place? Zero. Benny Hinn is a farce. Look in my tagline. While he may not be Paul's target (Paul was a self-loathing Jew) he certainly described many of the big time evangelists.

Again, I said metaphor!  The Bible is full of them.  You cannot pick and choose what is literal to suit you and what is not to suit you.

My mother claimed to be healed of lung cancer by Benny Hinn.  We went to his crusade when he was in town.  We were one of the millions in line (about a mile from the “stage” when I prayed:  Come on, God, it wouldn't kill you to let my mother up on that stage for prayer by the guy she watches on TV faithfully).  And guess what?  A guy came pushing through the crowd and said to me, “What has happened here?  I see the glory of God all over you?”  And I told him my mother needed prayer.  He pushed us through the crowd (and this took some doing) until we were NEXT IN LINE to be prayed for by the man himself.  Was my mother healed?  She thought so.  Did she die anyway 6 months later?  Yep.  True story.

The point is – healings can be a farse by people who will tremble before God on that Day.  BUT my God heals people everyday.  I am one of them – I can testify and I do.  I have been instantly healed on a number of ocassions (2 are documented in a medical chart for what that is worth to you).

Another point is – God protects his children from danger and harm. Will he protect us if we are stupid enough to chug drano? I doubt it. The main thrust of the passage is that we are protected from harm.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 18 2007,11:27)

Laurel

Read Romans Chapter 14.

Ken,

Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
    Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

So why did he walk away sad? After all he asked Jesus what it took to inherit eternal life and Jesus told him. Why the extra bit then? If you take Mark and Matthew together the only conclusion is that Jesus was saying you must give all you have to the poor and live a life 100% dedicated to Jesus. Otherwise you will burn in hell next to me.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 18 2007,13:08)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 19 2007,00:15)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 18 2007,01:34)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 18 2007,17:06)
    How many 'true' Christians are in the world? Would you all be willing to take 'the test'? To prove your Christianity please handles snakes and drink poison.

Mar 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
    Mar 16:18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Tow, you obviously speak of such things with no real-life experience of such things.

Christians DO the things that are mentioned in scripture! I have done all of these things in my walk with the Lord. Picking up snakes and drinking poison – since when does a Christian have the opportunity to do this? Could this possibly be a metaphor? You bet it could. Could it mean that danger would not harm you? Sure it could.

Yes I've heard of churches that handle snakes. Those people are the ones that may be missing an eye or hand too.

But how many Christians try to drink a good slug of Drano to check out their faith?

How many documented cases of faith healing have taken place? Zero. Benny Hinn is a farce. Look in my tagline. While he may not be Paul's target (Paul was a self-loathing Jew) he certainly described many of the big time evangelists.

Again, I said metaphor! The Bible is full of them. You cannot pick and choose what is literal to suit you and what is not to suit you.

Uh, did you realize what you said? Which part is literal and which is metaphor? Is it metaphor when YOU want it to be? Are you truly following your Jesus if YOU pick and choose according to your own belief? He said what he said right?

Or are you saying that all of the Christian bible is a metaphor? Jesus never said 'take this literally' one time and another 'take this metaphorically' the next. If he had millions of Jews would have survived.

My mother claimed to be healed of lung cancer by Benny Hinn. We went to his crusade when he was in town. We were one of the millions in line (about a mile from the “stage” when I prayed: Come on, God, it wouldn't kill you to let my mother up on that stage for prayer by the guy she watches on TV faithfully). And guess what? A guy came pushing through the crowd and said to me, “What has happened here? I see the glory of God all over you?” And I told him my mother needed prayer. He pushed us through the crowd (and this took some doing) until we were NEXT IN LINE to be prayed for by the man himself. Was my mother healed? She thought so. Did she die anyway 6 months later? Yep. True story.

The point is – healings can be a farse by people who will tremble before God on that Day. BUT my God heals people everyday. I am one of them – I can testify and I do. I have been instantly healed on a number of ocassions (2 are documented in a medical chart for what that is worth to you).

Perhaps but where are the recorded results for public record?

Another point is – God protects his children from danger and harm. Will he protect us if we are stupid enough to chug drano? I doubt it. The main thrust of the passage is that we are protected from harm.

Really? Actually those verses are not in the earlier manuscripts. In other words, bogus. Which makes sense because 80-90% of the Christian bible is fiction like Harry Potter.

david
    Participant

Not3, what are you doing?

Not3in1
    Participant

Tow,
    What “recorded results for public record”?  I'm not sure what you are asking here.

And yes, we are to decide (you and me and everyone else in this world) which scriptures are to be taken literally and which ones are symbolism.  Don't we do that already?  I mean, come on, look at this forum.  Some take things literal and other's, well, they have their own take on things.

It's all up for grabs, in my opinion (as of late).

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 19 2007,09:27)
    Not3, what are you doing?

You mean what am I doing talking to Tow?

david
    Participant

Yes, that is what I mean.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 19 2007,09:15)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 18 2007,11:27)

Laurel

Read Romans Chapter 14.

Ken,

So why did he walk away sad? After all he asked Jesus what it took to inherit eternal life and Jesus told him. Why the extra bit then? If you take Mark and Matthew together the only conclusion is that Jesus was saying you must give all you have to the poor and live a life 100% dedicated to Jesus. Otherwise you will burn in hell next to me.

So you know you are going to burn in the lake of fire?

Look all you want you won't see there.

Why was the young “rich” ruler sad? Scripture says because he had a lot of material things.

Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
    Mat 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Today materialism is taught in the “church” it's called the prosperity message which is one of the main reasons why I left. That message grieved my spirit BIG TIME.

But all these things were prophesied. Just as it will be easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle then a rich person to enter into heaven. That's why the young man was sad. But notice verse 23 “a rich man 'hardly' enter into heaven. So some will realize the real prize and give up their god. :)

I believe that most will be on earth in new flesh while the elect will be spirit beings.

Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Perfect~pure in heart. :)

david
    Participant

Mark 16:17, 18, KJ: “These signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

These verses appear in certain Bible manuscripts and versions of the fifth and sixth centuries C.E. But they do not appear in the older Greek manuscripts, the Sinaiticus and Vatican MS. 1209 of the fourth century. Dr. B. F. Westcott, an authority on Bible manuscripts, said that “the verses . . . are no part of the original narrative but an appendage.” (An Introduction to the Study of the Gospels, London, 1881, p. 338) Bible translator Jerome, in the fifth century, said that “almost all the Greek codices [are] without this passage.” (The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark, London, 1871, J. W. Burgon, p. 53) The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) says: “Its vocabulary and style differ so radically from the rest of the Gospel that it hardly seems possible Mark himself composed it [that is, verses 9-20].” (Vol. IX, p. 240)

There is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove they were believers.

According to The Encyclopaedia of American Religions, snake handling is a relatively recent phenomenon. “In 1909,” it says, “George Went Hensley, a young resident of rural Grasshopper Valley, Tennessee, became convinced that the references in Mark 16:17-18 to snakes and poison were, in fact, a command. He captured a rattlesnake and a few days later at nearby Sale Creek, in the midst of a worship service, he brought out the snake for participants to handle as a test of their faith.” But there is no evidence, Scriptural or historical, that early Christians required any such ‘tests of their faith.’

Paul was used by God to resurrect the dead; yet he took reasonable precautions regarding his own health and the health of his companions. (1 Timothy 5:23; 2 Timothy 4:13) Paul did not try to create opportunities to resurrect people.

Rather than having bodies racked with pain or scarred from snakebites, Christians are exhorted to
    ‘present their bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is their reasonable service.’ (Romans 12:1, KJ)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 19 2007,09:52)
    Yes, that is what I mean.

David,

To be honest, I've had it with what Stu is saying. I think it is down-right raw. I cannot stand back and continue to say nothing when he calls my Father – Nasty! Can you? For the sake of good entertainment, will you continue to engage someone who says this about your God? I cannot!

So to answer your question (what am I doing?), I'm standing up.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 18 2007,16:52)

Next to you unless you live in a cardboard box with only yourself and a New Testament. I guess you can have a small dog too. Surely Jesus is not that merciless since he made you hate your family in order to follow him.

Why was the young “rich” ruler sad? Scripture says because he had a lot of material things.

But what was his question? How to inherit eternal life. Jesus gave his answer you should follow it.

Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
    Mat 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Today materialism is taught in the “church” it's called the prosperity message which is one of the main reasons why I left. That message grieved my spirit BIG TIME.

But all these things were prophesied. Just as it will be easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle then a rich person to enter into heaven. That's why the young man was sad. But notice verse 23 “a rich man 'hardly' enter into heaven. So some will realize the real prize and give up their god. :)

Who can pick and choose?

I believe that most will be on earth in new flesh while the elect will be spirit beings.

And I assume you count yourself in the elect. How convenient for you.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 18 2007,16:55)
    Mark 16:17, 18, KJ: “These signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

These verses appear in certain Bible manuscripts and versions of the fifth and sixth centuries C.E. But they do not appear in the older Greek manuscripts, the Sinaiticus and Vatican MS. 1209 of the fourth century. Dr. B. F. Westcott, an authority on Bible manuscripts, said that “the verses . . . are no part of the original narrative but an appendage.” (An Introduction to the Study of the Gospels, London, 1881, p. 338) Bible translator Jerome, in the fifth century, said that “almost all the Greek codices [are] without this passage.” (The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark, London, 1871, J. W. Burgon, p. 53) The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) says: “Its vocabulary and style differ so radically from the rest of the Gospel that it hardly seems possible Mark himself composed it [that is, verses 9-20].” (Vol. IX, p. 240)

I was already aware of this. It is just more evidence that the Christian bible is full of additions and corrections.

There is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove they were believers.

Just as there is no record of Jesus outside of the GT. What does this prove? Surely people did it right?

According to The Encyclopaedia of American Religions, snake handling is a relatively recent phenomenon. “In 1909,” it says, “George Went Hensley, a young resident of rural Grasshopper Valley, Tennessee, became convinced that the references in Mark 16:17-18 to snakes and poison were, in fact, a command. He captured a rattlesnake and a few days later at nearby Sale Creek, in the midst of a worship service, he brought out the snake for participants to handle as a test of their faith.” But there is no evidence, Scriptural or historical, that early Christians required any such ‘tests of their faith.’

It amazing that those verses were ignored for so long. So many people burning in hell right now because they were scared to handle snakes and drink poison.

Paul was used by God to resurrect the dead; yet he took reasonable precautions regarding his own health and the health of his companions. (1 Timothy 5:23; 2 Timothy 4:13) Paul did not try to create opportunities to resurrect people.

Rather than having bodies racked with pain or scarred from snakebites, Christians are exhorted to
    ‘present their bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is their reasonable service.’ (Romans 12:1, KJ)

But its a sign Dave! How else are we to know who is a Christian since they have 30000 different denominations. We should get them all to drink poison and only the true Christians will survive!

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 19 2007,10:09)

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 18 2007,16:52)

Next to you unless you live in a cardboard box with only yourself and a New Testament. I guess you can have a small dog too. Surely Jesus is not that merciless since he made you hate your family in order to follow him.

But what was his question? How to inherit eternal life. Jesus gave his answer you should follow it.

Who can pick and choose?

And I assume you count yourself in the elect. How convenient for you.

Whatever and you are wrong. I believe I'm a person of the saints.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

But you say you are going to hell and as of right now you are! Unless you have a change of HEART :)

You are a book Jew. No matter what you do you will always be a book Jew. You have no bloodline. That's why the New covenant is spiritual.

You have never accepted the Holy Spirit and are unable to understand that which is of the Spirit.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Whatever Tow you think you know. Hey there is that rhyme again. Look out charity :laugh:

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account