Jesus the "LAMB" of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Why is JESUS PROTRAYED AS THE “SLAIN” LAMB OF GOD, IN SCRIPTURES, WHY DID GOD THE FATHER OFFER UP JESUS AS HIS “PERSONAL” SACRIFFICE FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD? Or was it for the “WHOLE” WORLD?, What say you?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi GB,

Where does scripture say God offered up Jesus as a sacrifice?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi GB,

Where does scripture say God offered up Jesus as a sacrifice?

Is he not the High Priest who sacrificed himself?

Heb 9, 10

Do you not understand the simple things?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Jesus chose to sacrifice himself that those that believe not be visited by the angel of death.

The post of the doors of believers’ hearts must also be marked with his blood for the angel of death not to visit.

This reject doing so will die even if they are not the first born child.

Note: I am using angel of death in a figurative sense.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..”GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON” , AND AGAIN, JESUS SAID, NOT “MY WILL”, BUT “THY WILL” BE DONE” shows it was GOD’S WILL FOR HIM TO SACRIFICE HIMSELF. and again, Christ JESUS was sacrifficed from he foundation of the world, and again JESUS APPEARS AS A LAMB SLAIN BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD IN REVELATIONS.

MY question here NICK is, was JESUS A SACRIFICAL LAMB “OF” GOD, THAT GOD THE FATHER OFFERED for the sins of the world, i know JESUS WAS NOT FORCED TO OFFER HIMSELF AS A SACRIFICE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD, BUT THAT BEING SAID, WHO WAS THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN? WAS IT NOT GOD THE FATHER, WE HAVE EVEN PROPHESY THAT FORETOLD IT IN DETALE BEFORE IT EVER HAPPENED. SO IT WAS IN THE PLAN AND WILL OF GOD AT LEAST.

NOW IF WE TIE IN WHAT ISRAEL WAS TOLD TO OFFER UP FOR THEIR SINS, A LAMB WITHOUT BLEMISH, FOR A SIN OFFERING, AND ALSO WHERE GOD SAID WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE IS “NO” FORGIVENESS OF SINS, again it brings us to the idea that GOD WAS USING THE BLOOD OF JESUS FOR A SIN OFFERING FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD, NOT JUST OURS, AS JOHN SAID.

MY POINT HERE IS “IF” GOD THE FATHER IS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR JESUS’ SACRIFFICE FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD, THEN HE IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL SINS, IF HE WAS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS SACRIFFICE, THEN JESUS WAS GOD’S SACRIFICE NOT HIS OWN SACRIFICE. THAT IS THE POINT I AM TRYING TO DESCUSS HERE. DO YOU SEE MY POINT? I am not saying GOD SINNED, BUT THAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN TAKING RESPONSIBILTY FOR ALL SIN, BECAUSE HE IS SOVERIGN IN ALL THINGS. IT JUST A QUESTION, I AM ASKING HERE. PLEASE TRY HARDER TO LEAVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL ACCUSATIONS IN YOU COMMITS OK.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..I understand that the blood on the doo post of the ISRAELITES house was a sign to the death angel to pasover that house, and i also know how it relates to Jesus’ blood on the door post of our hearts. But that is not what i am talking about here, What i am asking is this, was Jesus, GOD THE FATHERS, “sacrifice”, for the sins of the whole world, and if so, how does that relate to the FATHER HIMSELF? In reguards to the Father taking responsibility for offering him up as a lamb without blemish for all the wolds sins. Again i amnot preaching a droctrine here just asking a question.

peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

God did not sacrifice Jesus but as it is important that Jesus sacrificed himself.

Jesus did do God’s will which is not the same as God doing his will and Jesus having no part in the decision.

Jesus is the Anointed and God created him the most noble vessel to choose to sacrifice himself on the cross.

As a rule, the people of God credit God with the godly fruit they bear as he is the source of godliness.

That does not mean they have no part in the decision or their would be no need for God to command his people to walk according to the Spirit in order to bear godly fruit.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi GB,

So you are interested in advancing again your own ideas and not interested in the truth?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I WAS SIMPLY ASKING A QUESTION, but you can add nothing but accusation to any conversation here it appears, you are advancing your own “nature” here, and are the one who is not seek any truth, IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……If it was in the “WILL” OF GOD, then it was also GOD who JESUS was obeying. It is obvious JESUS did not himself want to die, or he would not have ask GOD TO REMOVE the cup from him, three times. My question is, Do you believe JESUS is and was actually the LAMB OF GOD?, That he offered up for the sins of the world?

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Jesus sacrificed himself in his great love and so served to appease God for the sins of the world. (1 John 2:2)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…. I am not questioning the love JESUS HAD, what i am asking, was his sacrifice in obedience to the “will” of GOD, and if so, then Jesus was not “JUST” his own sacrifice, but a sacrifice that fulfiled the WILL of GOD, to forgive the sins of the world. Therefore he was actually God the Fathers sacrificial lamb, GOD OFFERED for the sins of the world. There are scriptures that indicate Jesus was GOD’S SACRIFICAL LAMB.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

My point is that it is necessary Jesus sacrificed himself for the sacrifice to be valid.

God wills that each and every one of his creation do all that is right but that does not mean that each and every one does his will except in the sense that he allows each and everyone to choose. Jesus used his choice to do what Love, and thus God, commanded.

How did Philip see God within Jesus? Jesus revealed God by loving as God loves. God is in those that live by the Spirit by the same Love and so is Jesus.

Jesus was not a puppet of God even though he was compelled by the God’ Love to sacrifice himself because just as God loves humanity so does Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

God does not offer sacrifices to Himself.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Why is JESUS CALLED THE Lamb “OF” God then, and portrayed in scripture a slain lamb before the throne of God. SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH? Why does scripture say there is “no” forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood? Couldn’t GOD JUST HAVE FORGIVEN US without sacrificing his only son? Why did JESUS COMMIT SUCIDE IF IT WAS NOT NESSARY, FOR HIM TO HAVE, in order for us to be forgiven our sins. I think the issue of JESUS’ sacrifice goes much deeper then many may realize.

If we consider that GOD “MAY” TAKE RESPONSIBILTY for our sins, in some way, seeing he was and IS SOVERIGN IN “ALL” THINGS, could it be that GOD ALLOWED SIN FROM THE START, so we could learn the difference between, GOOD AND EVIL, BY GAINING EXPERIENCE WITH IT. Could he have orchestrated the whole thing from the begining, FOR OUR GOOD ? We could not have known what good is, without knowing what evil is, the word to know in GENESS MEANS MORE THEN JUST A casual AQUIANENCE WITH, IT MEANS A INIMINATE RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMETHING, IMO, And also notice after Adam sinned , GOD HIMSELF SAID “LOOK THE MAN HAS BECOME AS WE ARE “KNOWING” GOOD AND EVIL”.

It very well could be that this whole present life EXPERIENCES will turn in the end, to the GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER, AND ALL MANKIND WILL BENEFIT FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF THIS LIFE. How do we know if God isn’t using these evil experiences to shape us, just as he used evil for Jobs ultimate good?

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Chosen before his conception for this role which he accepted.

Does God work any other way?

would you oppose the will of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Spoken prophetically by the great prophet John.

He knew the future by the Spirit that spoke to him

Jn 1.33

AndrewAD
    Participant

When God realized the failure of the Jews( I speak as a man) he must needs offer himself a sacrifice to save gentiles for thus he speaks through St Paul -Rom 8:32 He did not spare his own son but offered him up for us all.Yes God gave himself a sacrifice to please himself and save humanity-such is grace and Rom 8:32-33 and with this sacrificial gift how can he fail to lavish on us all he has to give? God pronounces acquittal through Christ to the elect-Jews and Gentiles-(the whole world), so who then can condemn? It was Christ that died from God’s will so who or what can separate us from that love of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi  Andrew,

Priests serve God.

God is not a priest unto Himself

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Nick,

God has no better priest than himself-his logos.The earthly priests failed and God grew tired of them and their vain sacrifices.Thus his own eternal logos became a priest in the form of a Son-that is a Christ priest.He did this for you and I so rejoice not only in the offering that saves but in the Priest who saves.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account