Jesus' resurrection — a puzzle.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 241 through 245 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Sep. 27 2013,11:31)
    :D

So David, why do you follow the teachings of men? I'm asking from my heart.

Jesus said he was flesh and bone, and was not deceiving them.

There is no puzzle, you just have to believe.

If there is no puzzle, then how would you respond to the question this thread raises.

“Not one of the disciples had the courage to inquire of him: “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord.” (John 21:12)

This was the THIRD time Jesus appeared to them after his resurrection.
    They KNEW it was Jesus.
    Bible translations show that they were afraid to ask: “who are you?”
    How does this make sense?

Other times too people kept not recognizing him. The JW believe that to stress the fact that he really did RANSOM and forfeit and sacrifice his fleshly body/life, he had been appearing to people in various bodies, the way they believe angels did in the past. Different bodies to stress the fact that he wasn't really flesh but was raised a spirit.

david
    Participant

I'm not wanting to discuss this now but I can't find what the response was if I said something like:

“in the past, angels had materialized in order to be seen by men; they had eaten, and some had even married and fathered children. (Gen. 6:4; 19:1-3)”

I must have mentioned this in this thread. I know there was a response. Does anyone remember what it was?

journey42
    Participant

Hi David

I can't find my last quote in “Does God know the future”
    I just answered Pierre, and it's not there.  I was the last one to post. Is yours missing, or can you just not find it?

david
    Participant

Just can't find it. I'm not even 100 percent sure it was discussed. I went through every page but rather quickly.

kerwin
    Participant

David,

I think I remember something like that once but I do not remember where. I know Scripture speaks of angels being present even though men do no see them. In one case an donkey sees the angel but his human rider does not.

Viewing 5 posts - 241 through 245 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account