Jesus IS the MESSIAH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    “..according to God.”

So this is not an accusation against scripture but against God?

kejonn
    Participant

I think Tim means what the bible says about God because he is getting that viewpoint from the OT.

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 14 2008,11:14)

Quote (Mandy @ Mar. 14 2008,07:35)
     So, somehow I'm not surprised that way back then a women would have to marry a rapist.  

Hi Mandy,
    But would you be surprised that it was God that said she had to marry the rapist? And pay her father 50 schekles.

Most of the bad ways that women were treated was directly related to what moses said that God wanted.
    God said that women were too unclean to go in the temple during the seven days of their period. They were also too unclean for seven days after that. Good grief, they were unclean for half of their life according to God.

Tim

All throughout the bible the prophets (including Paul) spoke of women as second-class citizens. They speak for God do they not? Eve was made second and from a rib of man at that!

Who knows anymore, Tim. I cannot give an opinion on how I feel about this. Mainly because I was raised to not question it. Now that I am questioning there are no answers.

Most of the time I'm at a loss.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,07:58)
    Hi KJ,
    Yes you are incredibly advantaged.
    No need for any boundaries for such amorphous faith.
    You can build your own user friendly religion and it will be a sellout

But the Catholic church has maintained a sellout following through telling people that they are miserable wretches. They keep coming back to hear that message. Is that messge derived from scripture?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    The universal truth about folk is that deep down many feel guilty, for some strange reason. The whore has harnessed this amazing resource by never offering the salvation that gives the peace beyond understanding but instead suggesting useless works and subscriptions to their funds.

kejonn
    Participant

I don't know why, but I've never felt right hearing people call the Catholic church the “whore”. How is the Catholic church any more steeped in dogma than any other branch of Christianity?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2008,15:26)
    Hi KJ,
    Those gifts come through Life in Christ Jesus, the Son of God.
    You cannot offer anyone anything.

I am not here to offer anything beyond my opinion and beliefs. You can take or leave either (I already know which in your case).

But to say that the gifts of love, peace, joy, etc. come through Jesus is implying that those who do not know Jesus cannot love, have no peace, no joy, etc. I beg to differ — that is dogma at its finest. My brother is not a Christian (never has been) and he possesses all of these IMHO. In fact, he has lupus and still has strong moral character and a positive demeanor through it all. But according to you, he must be just putting up a front because without Jesus he cannot have peace, joy, love, happiness, etc.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2008,18:23)
    Hi Stu,
    The universal truth about folk is that deep down many feel guilty, for some strange reason.

Hi Nick

Maybe they feel guilty because scripture tells them they are worthless?

http://www.thehappyheretic.com/current.htm

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Some religions thrive on guilt.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    So what if the worthless ones can gain eternal glory with Jesus and His God?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 14 2008,14:13)
    I think Tim means what the bible says about God because he is getting that viewpoint from the OT.

Thanks kejohn,
    that is exactly what I meant, and I think that Nick knew it as well. Sometimes he just enjoys being contentious.
    You just got to love him.
    Tim

david
    Participant

I would really like to keep this thread to only discussing the prophecies of the Hebrew scriptures and how they relate to Jesus.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 14 2008,18:57)
    I would really like to keep this thread to only discussing the prophecies of the Hebrew scriptures and how they relate to Jesus.

So which ones would you like to discuss?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2008,09:24)
    Hi Kj,
    So what if the worthless ones can gain eternal glory with Jesus and His God?

Whom do you write off as worthless, Nick?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    If you are interested in a relationship with the Living God then you should start as low as you can go.
    But you aren't are you so you may as well preen.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2008,21:49)
    Hi Stu,
    If you are interested in a relationship with the Living God then you should start as low as you can go.
    But you aren't are you so you may as well preen.

I neither grovel nor admire my peacock feathers. Don't christians do both in public? Are these the worthy traits in which some are impoverished?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Careful.
    Surely you do not align yourselves with us?

david
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 14 2008,18:57)

So which ones would you like to discuss?

Anything related to the messiah. Much on here hasn't been.

I'm actually going to start another thread on one of these scriptures, because it deserves it's own thread. And I'd like to discuss it and it alone on that thread and actually get somewhere.

kejonn
    Participant

Maybe a mod could hep you keep it “on-topic” :laugh:.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2008,09:55)
    Hi Stu,
    Careful.
    Surely you do not align yourselves with us?

I think I said you preen and you grovel but I do neither. how is that aligning with you?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account