Jesus is my king!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi All!

Jesus is our prize and our reward. He is our husband and he is our King! He is everything to the believer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upGCMl_b0n4

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,06:23)
    Hi All!

Jesus is our prize and our reward. He is our husband and he is our King! He is everything to the believer!

“Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious…. (1 Peter 2:7)

PRECIOUS: “ESTEEM OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE” (Strong's # 5092)

Amen WJ!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    What of his God?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2009,06:58)
    Hi WJ,
    What of his God?

Nick,
    If unknown to you your grandchild darted across a busy street and a man saw that the child was in danger and shouted to his son, “Save that child!”, and the son saved him; would you honor the father more than the son who was hit by the car saving your grandchild? Or would you give to each man the honor that was due him? Does your “god” take the credit for something someone else did? Or is your “god” righteous and just?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So God has been surpassed in your doctrine by His obedient son?
    Your wandering thoughts are such an embarrassment to WJ that he makes no comments.

Quote (thethinker @ July 27 2009,14:46)

Hi All!

Amen WJ!

Hi Jack

Yes that is true brother. This kind of unreserved devotion was to be placed on no one but God himself!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So this is how God should be worshiped?
    Jesus told us different in Jn 4 and he knows these things.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2009,07:42)
    Hi TT,
    Your wandering thoughts are such an embarrassment to WJ that he makes no comments.

Oooohhhh Nick! I only said that each should receive the honor due him. I said nothing about the son surpassing the father. You just inferred this for your self. I think you know that anti-trinitarians do not give the Son the honor due him. You have just betrayed yourself.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,07:47)

Hi All!

Amen WJ!

Hi Jack

Yes that is true brother. This kind of unreserved devotion was to be placed on no one but God himself!

WJ

WJ,
    If Christ is “precious” to believers, then where does that leave anti-trinitarians? Are they truly believers?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 28 2009,10:40)

Hi TT,

Oooohhhh Nick! I only said that each should receive the honor due him. I said nothing about the son surpassing the father. You just inferred this for your self. I think you know that anti-trinitarians do not give the Son the honor due him. You have just betrayed yourself.

thinker

Hi TT,
    So you do accept the truth Paul spoke in 1 Cor 8 that Jesus is the lord and the Father our God or have you made your own personal arrangements?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 27 2009,18:42)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,07:47)

Hi All!

Amen WJ!

Hi Jack

WJ

WJ,
    If Christ is “precious” to believers, then where does that leave anti-trinitarians? Are they truly believers?

thinker

Thinker,
    Why do you see two groups…trinitarians vs. anti-trinitarians? It is not that simple. For instance some people that do not accept the trinity doctrine as the Biblical explanation of the Godhead, truly follow and serve Jesus as the Son of God who leads them to the Father who gave His Holy Spirit through Jesus to them. Then there are others that do not accept the trinity doctrine and are atheists. Can you see that by thinking trinitarians vs. anti-trinitarians you are not being specific enough?

Also, I would like to add that just because I do not agree with the doctrine, it certainly does not mean that I am “anti” the people who do, i.e. the trinitarians. I am not an anti-trinitarian. I am anti-trinity as a doctrine. I believe it should be, at best, a theory because it has missing links that should not be missing if it is truly to be a doctrine. Similarly evolution is a theory because of its missing links. People believe in evolution as if it were law when it is only theory. IMO, some people believe in the trinity doctrine as if it were necessary for salvation when it should only be considered a theory.

What I have found, growing up in fundamental churches is that there is a variety of opinions as to what the doctrine even means. One “trinitarian” does not equal another. If you were to ask everyone in church to write down their explanation of the doctrine, I would bet that you would get many different opinions. How can there be a group called trinitarians if you can't understand the concept. Everyone would have different answers. It is like asking how the color 9 smells, IMO.

Blessings to you Jack,
    Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

Hi TT,

thinker

thinker You need to speak for yourself. When you say Anti-trinitarians, you speak of several people on this site. The comment you made, is uncalled for. I do not believe in a trinity, but Jesus is due Honor abd glory that of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He is. However our Heavenly Father deserves more then that. He is above all it says in Ephesians 4:6 He is the only one that can forgive our sins, not a priest or other Human. First make peace with your Brethren and then bring your offering to the Altar.
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (Cindy @ July 28 2009,10:47)

Hi TT,

thinker

thinker  You need to speak for yourself.  When you say Anti-trinitarians, you speak of several people on this site. The comment you made, is uncalled for.  I do not believe in a trinity, but Jesus is due Honor abd glory that of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He is. However our Heavenly Father deserves more then that.  He is above all it says in Ephesians 4:6  He is the only one that can forgive our sins, not a priest or other Human. First make peace with your Brethren and then bring your offering to the Altar.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene

You just confessed that God only can forgive our sins.

You are right. But, look around for Jesus is the High Priest and forgives our sins.

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said:

Jesus is due Honor abd glory that of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He is. However our Heavenly Father deserves more then that.  He is above all it says in Ephesians 4:6  He is the only one that can forgive our sins, not a priest or other Human.

Irene,
    You have proven what I have been saying about anti-trinitarians. They give mere lip service honor to Jesus. It's nothing but empty words. You cannot honor Him and deny that He has the power to forgive sins at the same time.

6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house” (Matthew 9:6)

He clearly said that He had power to forgive sins.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT
    Did he give his brothers the same authority in Jn19?

Did that make them gods too?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account