Jesus has returned

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 579 total)
  • Author
    Arnold
    Participant

Pierre

Joel 2:30-32 is describing the wrath of God on the entire world, here is more.

Joe 3:1 ¶ For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,

Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Is not Obama, and the rest of the world, trying to force Israel to give up land to the Palestinians?

Joe 3:10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

Joe 3:11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.

Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Joe 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

“HEAVENS”- all man made religion. “EARTH”- all mans governments, will shake, be destroyed.

Joe 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

What you read in Joel 2:23-27 is after God has punished the world, and he will start with Israel first.

Jer 30:10 ¶ Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.

Jer 30:11 For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

Zec 12:7 ¶ The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

After that he will begin to teach all people, Joel 2:28-29.

He will start to create a new earth, government, and new heavens, places of worship,churches.

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Your own personal interpretations have no weight to them.[2Peter1]

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ May 28 2010,10:54)
    Hi (all)

A day is as a thousand years thats true but  (2nd Peter 3:3)

3..this first knowing, that there shall come in the latter end of the days scoffers, according to their own desires going on,
    4  and saying, `Where is the promise of his presence? for since the fathers did fall asleep, all things so remain from the beginning of the creation;'

Isnt that true? People saying Jesus has returned or that the earth will carry on and also many say the coming of Jesus will be seen with the “minds eye” so you will “just know”

5  for this is unobserved by them willingly, that the heavens were of old, and the earth out of water and through water standing together by the word of God,
    6  through which the then world, by water having been deluged, was destroyed;
    7  and the present heavens and the earth, by the same word are treasured, for fire being kept to a day of judgment and destruction of the impious men.
    8  And this one thing let not be unobserved by you, beloved, that one day with the Lord [is] as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day;
    9  the Lord is not slow in regard to the promise, as certain count slowness, but is long-suffering to us, not counselling any to be lost but all to pass on to reformation,

(This seems to be in regards to his coming or “The day of the Lord” as in how long must people wait for that day to come? Thousands of years, because God wishes that people will be saved..) but then comes “The Day”..

10..and it will come — the day of the Lord — as a thief in the night, in which the heavens with a rushing noise will pass away, and the elements with burning heat be dissolved, and earth and the works in it shall be burnt up.

So, has Jesus returned?
    Will this world be destroyed when he returns?

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Georg

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 28 2010,21:24)
    Hi Georg,
    Your own personal interpretations have no weight to them.[2Peter1]

Don't make a bigger fool out of your self, than you already have.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Please find more scriptural support.
    Private interpretation is discouraged by 2 peter 1

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ May 28 2010,21:22)
    Pierre

Joe 3:1 ¶ For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,  

Joe 3:2   I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.  

Is not Obama, and the rest of the world, trying to force Israel to give up land to the Palestinians?

Joe 3:10   Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.  

Joe 3:11   Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.  

Joe 3:14   Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.  

Joe 3:15   The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.  

Joe 3:16   The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.  

“HEAVENS”- all man made religion. “EARTH”- all mans governments, will shake, be destroyed.

Joe 3:17   So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.  

What you read in Joel 2:23-27 is after God has punished the world, and he will start with Israel first.

Jer 30:10 ¶ Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.  

Jer 30:11   For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.  

Zec 12:7 ¶ The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.  

He will start to create a new earth, government, and new heavens, places of worship,churches.

2Pe 3:13   Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  

Georg

hi georg

this is my hope and faith;Hos 6:1 The people say, “Come.
    Let us return to the LORD.
    He has torn us to pieces.
    But he will heal us.
    He has wounded us.
    But he’ll bandage our wounds.
    Hos 6:2 After two days he will give us new life.
    On the third day he’ll make us like new again.
    Then we will enjoy his blessing.
    Hos 6:3 Let’s recognize him as the LORD.
    Let’s keep trying to really know him.
    You can be sure the sun will rise.
    And you can be just as sure the LORD will appear.
    He will come to renew us like the winter rains.
    He will be like the spring rains that water the earth.”

may we all meet there.

Pierre

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 29 2010,09:42)

Quote (Arnold @ May 28 2010,21:22)
    Pierre

Joe 3:2   I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.  

Joe 3:10   Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.  

Joe 3:11   Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.  

Joe 3:14   Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.  

Joe 3:15   The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.  

Joe 3:16   The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.  

Joe 3:17   So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.  

Jer 30:11   For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.  

2Pe 3:13   Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  

Georg

hi  georg

this is my hope and faith;Hos 6:1 The people say, “Come.
    Let us return to the LORD.
    He has torn us to pieces.
    But he will heal us.
    He has wounded us.
    But he’ll bandage our wounds.
    Hos 6:2 After two days he will give us new life.
    On the third day he’ll make us like new again.
    Then we will enjoy his blessing.
    Hos 6:3 Let’s recognize him as the LORD.
    Let’s keep trying to really know him.
    You can be sure the sun will rise.
    And you can be just as sure the LORD will appear.
    He will come to renew us like the winter rains.
    He will be like the spring rains that water the earth.”

may we all meet there.

Pierre

Well, if that's all that is to that, what are we doing discussing scripture? is it not because we want to know what the rest of the Bible is saying?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

in two days ,he will give us new life, =2000 years + jesus dead 30 AD = 2030 then
    On the third day he’ll make us like new again, Millenium,Then we will enjoy his blessing

Pierre

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ May 28 2010,22:25)
    Zec 12:9   And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  

Georg

Hi Georg,

Does it say anything in the New Testament that this will happen? Did Jesus say anything about this? Did he not say “this good news of the coming kingdom will be preached as a witness to all the nations and then the end will come” the end as spoken in 2nd Peter 3…and what of the Early Church Writtings (have you read any of them?)

I know it says something in Revelations but anywhere else?

Thanks.,

Arnold
    Participant

Karmarie

The gospel has been preached in all the world; that does not mean every individual has heard it, understands it, or believes it.

If a prophecy is given in one book, does it carry more weight if it is repeated in another?

This is what the Bible says will happen in the very end.

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

And this is what the Bible says also.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

If you follow world events on the News, you would know we are not to far from that to happen.

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

To understand what this is talking about, you have to understand the metaphor of “HEAVEN” and “EARTH”. God is not going to destroy “HIS” creation, he said it is very good, remember?
    “HEAVEN”, is a metaphor for places of religious authority, churches, all man made religion.
    “EARTH”, is a metaphor for people, man made governments, societies, mans way of life that we have created for us. “Reserved for fire” does not mean literal fire, it only emphasises total destruction of everything “MAN” has created.

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

God will not “recreate” his creation, Jesus will give us NEW HEAVENS, notice the “S” in heaven”s”, meaning places of worship, churches; and “A” NEW EARTH, meaning, a new government under which all people will live, because we will have only “ONE” ruler, Jesus Christ; this will be the true “ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT”.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Who gave you the mission to allegorise the truth of scripture?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,05:05)

georg

Rev 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    Rev 20:5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
    Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus

and because of the word of God

They had not worshiped the beast

or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands.

They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

this are all the righteous ones from Abel to the closer of time.

AFTER 1000YEARS THE REST WILL BE BRING BACK TO LIVE FOR JUDGEMENT THIS IS A ?TIME? AND THEY WILL BE TEACH THEN DURING THAT TIME AND THE TEST, IS SATAN RELEASED FOR A TIME? THAT IS WHY ALL OF US IN THE FIRST RESURECTION WILL BE PRIEST OR SERVANTS OF GOD IN THE TEMPLE ON EARTH BECAUSE THE HIGH PRIEST AND THE 144 WILL BE THE NEW TEMPLE ,BUT WE WILL DO THE TEMPLE WORKS  ,LOOK AT THE TEMPLE OF MOSES THE WORK FOR THE PRIEST AND THE PEOPLE, AND WEN ALL THINGS ARE DONE,AND ALL REBELLS AND SATAN DESTROYED, CHRIST WILL TURN ALL THINGS TO GOD,AND THE RECONCILLIATION WITH GOD IS COMPLETED.
    Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.
    Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
    Rev 20:13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.
    Rev 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
    Rev 20:15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Hi Terraricca,

Why do you have trouble distinguishing between the two?
    We have been over this difference MANY TIMES before! Remember?

God bless
    Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    But you cannot tell the difference between the Spirit of Christ being first shared with his body at pentecost and the return of the Master himself.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2010,12:45)
    Hi Ed,
    But you cannot tell the difference between the Spirit of Christ being first shared with his body at pentecost
    and the return of the Master himself.

Hi Nick,

A) Was this not when the “Kingdom of God” came? (John 14:17)
    B) Why do you put importantcy on the flesh? (John 6:63)

God bless
    Ed J
    PS> Nick: Are you glad I’m back?
    Also could either you or “T” change “the title bar” on the “English Gematria” thread to…
    God's existence's proven NOW to be even encoded into the AKJV Bible!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    The kingdom arrived with the appointed king.
    The servant king rode on the donkey into Jerusalem,
    Then since pentecost he has continued his work through his brothers.

The head who has so worked will return from heaven and be united on earth with his body.

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2010,12:31)

Quote (terraricca @ May 02 2010,05:05)

georg

Rev 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    Rev 20:5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
    Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus

and because of the word of God

They had not worshiped the beast

or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands.

They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

this are all the righteous ones from Abel to the closer of time.

AFTER 1000YEARS THE REST WILL BE BRING BACK TO LIVE FOR JUDGEMENT THIS IS A ?TIME? AND THEY WILL BE TEACH THEN DURING THAT TIME AND THE TEST, IS SATAN RELEASED FOR A TIME? THAT IS WHY ALL OF US IN THE FIRST RESURECTION WILL BE PRIEST OR SERVANTS OF GOD IN THE TEMPLE ON EARTH BECAUSE THE HIGH PRIEST AND THE 144 WILL BE THE NEW TEMPLE ,BUT WE WILL DO THE TEMPLE WORKS  ,LOOK AT THE TEMPLE OF MOSES THE WORK FOR THE PRIEST AND THE PEOPLE, AND WEN ALL THINGS ARE DONE,AND ALL REBELLS AND SATAN DESTROYED, CHRIST WILL TURN ALL THINGS TO GOD,AND THE RECONCILLIATION WITH GOD IS COMPLETED.
    Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.
    Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
    Rev 20:13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.
    Rev 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
    Rev 20:15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Hi Terraricca,

Why do you have trouble distinguishing between the two?
    We have been over this difference MANY TIMES before! Remember?

God bless
    Ed J

Hello Ed, did you enjoy your vacation? we did.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ May 30 2010,16:23)
    Hello Ed, did you enjoy your vacation? we did.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Click Here Seventh Post from the top.

Ed J

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Georg.

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

To understand what this is talking about, you have to understand the metaphor of “HEAVEN” and “EARTH”. God is not going to destroy “HIS” creation, he said it is very good, remember?
    “HEAVEN”, is a metaphor for places of religious authority, churches, all man made religion.
    “EARTH”, is a metaphor for people, man made governments, societies, mans way of life that we have created for us. “Reserved for fire” does not mean literal fire, it only emphasises total destruction of everything “MAN” has created.

God will not “recreate” his creation, Jesus will give us NEW HEAVENS, notice the “S” in heaven”s”, meaning places of worship, churches; and “A” NEW EARTH, meaning, a new government under which all people will live, because we will have only “ONE” ruler, Jesus Christ; this will be the true “ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT”.

But thats the thing. People take a book like Peter which obviously is to be taken literally and try to turn it into a symbolic book like Revelations.

When I read Peter I understand it clearly.

Heavens mean Heavens
    Earth means Earth.

Any one world government would be an Antichrist one. (There is a false Messiah for 3 and a half years and according to early writtings it will rule from Jerusalem (Isreal)

From wikipedia

“It is the traditional view of Catholics and Orthodox Christians that the second coming will be a sudden and unmistakable incident, like “a flash of lightning”.[Mt 24:27] They hold the general view that Jesus will not spend any time on the earth in ministry or preaching They also agree that the ministry of the antichrist will take place right before the second coming.”

And im not alone in my thinking that the 'millenium' is now (rather than future) either, main denominations of Christianity also believe as I do (Amillenial),  ( Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran etc) But opinion has always been divided going right back to the early church writtings.

From Wikipedia…

Amillennialism teaches that the Kingdom of God will not be physically established on earth throughout the “millennium”,
    but rather that Jesus is presently reigning from heaven, seated at the right hand of God the Father,
    that Jesus also is and will remain with the church until the end of the world, as he promised at the Ascension,
    that at Pentecost, the millennium began, as is shown by Peter using the prophecies of Joel, about the coming of the kingdom, to explain what was happening,
    and that, therefore the church and its spread of the good news is Christ's kingdom.

Amillennialists cite scripture references to the kingdom not being a physical realm: Matthew 12:28, where Jesus cites his driving out of demons as evidence that the kingdom of God had come upon them; Luke 17:20-21, where Jesus warns that the coming of the kingdom of God can not be observed, and that it is among them; and Romans 14:17, where Paul speaks of the kingdom of God being in terms of the Christians' actions.

In particular, they regard the thousand year period as a figurative expression of Christ's reign being perfectly completed, as the “thousand hills” referred to in Psalm 50:10, the hills on which God owns the cattle, are all hills, and the “thousand generations” in 1 Chronicles 16:15, the generations for which God will be faithful, refer to all generations. (Some postmillennialists and nearly all premillennialists hold that the word millennium should be taken to refer to a literal thousand-year period.)

Amillennialism also teaches that the binding of Satan described in Revelation has already occurred; he has been prevented from “deceiving the nations” by preventing the spread of the gospel. This is the only binding he will suffer in history: the forces of Satan will not be gradually pushed back by the Kingdom of God as history progresses but will remain just as active as always up until the second coming of Christ, and therefore good and evil will remain mixed in strength throughout history and even in the church, according to the amillennial understanding of the Parable of the Wheat and Tares.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism

karmarie
    Participant

Hi George. You also said,

If a prophecy is given in one book, does it carry more weight if it is repeated in another?

This is what the Bible says will happen in the very end.

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

And this is what the Bible says also.

If you follow world events on the News, you would know we are not to far from that to happen.

Yes I can see that on the news, (though I havent seen the news just recently) last time I looked Iran and other countries were all wanting to attack Isreal so I dont discount what your saying.

I just dont understand it because it seemed to me that because the Jews with the Gentiles became one in Christ, I cant see how that fits in with the modern state of Isreal because everything changed since Christ? The kingdom became heavenly not eathly? Jesus will meet his People in the air and wont it seems set foot on earth.

According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
    After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
    —1 Thess. 4:15-17

Where did Jesus say he went to prepare a place?

Sorry about the long posts.

JustAskin
    Participant

Kar,

No need to be sorry about the length of the post.

It is just right.

And the content is justified.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 579 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account