Jesus has returned

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 579 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    He will return to earth.
    Acts1
    11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev19
    11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

2 Chronicles 7:18
    I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel.'

Psalm 132:11
    The LORD swore an oath to David, a sure oath that he will not revoke: “One of your own descendants I will place on your throne-

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 25 2009,10:29)
    Nick said:

Either way the return of Jesus to earth is not a hidden event except that it is unexpected for many

Nick,
    Paul did not say that the Lord would return to earth. The Bible does not say anywhere that Jesus was going to return to earth. Paul said that His people would meet Him “in the sky” (1 Thess. 4).

thinker

I agree.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2009,10:42)
    Hi tt,
    He will return to earth.
    Acts1
    11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev19
    11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel.'

The LORD swore an oath to David, a sure oath that he will not revoke: “One of your own descendants I will place on your throne-

Nick,
    You are making an invalid inference. You have said that inference has no place with the sacred. Acts 1:11 says that He will return in the same manner but it does not say that it is to the earth. Where does it say that? And Revelation 19 also says nothing about a return to earth. John said he saw the white horse IN HEAVEN (vs. 11). How is it that you infer a coming to earth when it plainly says that He sits on the white horse IN HEAVEN?

For someone as yourself who dislikes inference you surely do engage in quite a bit of it. And on top of that your inferences are not valid. Paul explicitly said that when the Lord returned His people would would be “caught UP” to meet Him in the air. If he came to earth then why are they caught “UP”? And why do they meet Him in the sky if He comes back to earth?

Jesus said that they would see the sign of His coming in the SKY,

Then shall the sign of the Son of Man appear in the SKY (Matt. 24:30)

God's promise in 2 Chronicles 7:18 was made to Solomon,

Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night and said to him…. (vs. 12)

You have no basis whatsoever for saying that Jesus is coming back to earth. It's all invalid inference on your part.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So those who heard the angels were standing looking up at the sky standing on the ground from whence the Lord had left.

King Jesus will reign from the throne of David in Jerusalem and out hope is to rule and reign with him.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2009,13:00)
    Hi TT,
    So those who heard the angels were standing looking up at the sky standing on the ground from whence the Lord had left.

King Jesus will reign from the throne of David in Jerusalem and out hope is to rule and reign with him.

Nick,
    You did not answer Revelation that says that the white horse was in heaven. Neither did you answer why the saints would be caught “UP”  if Jesus is supposed to return to earth. Why do they meet Him in the SKY if He is to come back to earth?

Jesus took the throne of His father David when he ascended to heaven (Acts 2). And Paul said that in the second coming Jesus gives the kingdom back to the Father. This presents a very BIG problem for your view. You say that Jesus receives the kingdom at the second coming. But Acts 2 says that He received the kingdom when He ascended and will give it back to His Father at His second coming (1 Corinthians 15:24-28)

Then comes the end when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father

The whole context is the second coming Nick. Jesus does not receive a kingdom at the second coming. He received it when He went to heaven and then hands it back over to the Father at the second coming. Your inferences are altogether unbiblical.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Jesus has been in heaven at the right hand of the Father.
    The throne of David is in Jerusalem on earth.
    The meek shall inherit the earth.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2009,05:38)
    Hi,
    This is what Georg offered as evidence
    “And there are several scriptures that point to our time showing that he has.

Dan 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Who are the blessed? they are the saints that died for Christ. Why are they considered blessed? they will come up in the first resurrection as spirit beings, that is what they are waiting for. And were do they wait? in their graves. When did the counting start, and are we really talking about days?
    Let me show you another scripture first.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Who are these slain? they are the saints who suffered and died for Christ under the Romans.
    How long did they have to wait? The Romans persecuted the Christians until AD 313, then Constantine stopped all persecution, now the waiting began. In AD 565, Justinian died, he was the last emperor of the east and the west; now the pope, the image of the beast/Rome took command. The waiting was over, and all that were to be killed as the once under the altar began because the pope/Antichrist, killed anyone who would not except his doctrine. Therefore, this is also the time you begin to count the 1335 days, only they are not days, they are years. 565+1335=1900. AD 1900 was the date of the first resurrection.
    Why did Jesus day that his return would be as the thief in the night? and so did Paul.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Because it would not be noticed; those that were resurrected, were resurrected as spirit beings.
    Here is another clue.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Are we in the days of these kings? who are these kings?
    They are the feet and toes.

Dan 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

The ten toes make up the kingdom/government, it represents mans final attempt to rule the world by one government before it is destroyed; we have been living in the days of these kings since 1946, “The United Nation”.
    What is overlooked in Dan. 2:44 is that it says, God will “set up” a kingdom, his kingdom. What does “setting up” mean? it means first of all resurrecting all the saints that will rule with Christ, then they will have to be trained for their position as kings and priests.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

We are in fact living in the last decade of that generation, Jesus said would not pass till all things be fulfilled.
    We have been told by our ministers that we will see Jesus return, that wont happen.
    Christ return will be in all his glory, we would not be able  to look at him.
    I will stop hear Nick, and I expect a civilized response without 55 scriptures.”

Looks rather thin

One scripture…thats all…this applies to ANYONE making spectacular claims such as these….

Luke 17:22-24 (New International Version)

22Then he said to his disciples, “The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. 23Men will tell you, 'There he is!' or 'Here he is!' Do not go running off after them. 24For the Son of Man in his day[a] will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Certainly that is where his body is reunited with him.
    Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.

The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Isaiah 9:7
    Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this

Isaiah 16:5
    And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

THE THRONE OF DAVID HAS ALWAYS BEEN ON EARTH

Then after the time of judgement earth when the earth has fled away new Jerusalem returns to the renewed earth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    You told us in another thread that Jesus has returned.
    Since you do not seem to believe he does return to earth to rule how do you align these thoughts?
    Do you hope to rule and reign with him and if so where?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Yes he has received the kingdom.
    Dan7
    13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

He already rules in his body.
    But he will return as you say to be seen as Lord of ALL under God.

Acts3
    20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Acts 10:36
    The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

But he has yet to return on the clouds.
    He has not even come to meet his body in the air yet.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So when and where do you think King Jesus returned to earth?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2009,04:54)
    Hi tt,
    Jesus has been in heaven at the right hand of the Father.
    The throne of David is in Jerusalem on earth.
    The meek shall inherit the earth.

Nick,
    What is your scriptural basis for saying that the throne of David is on earth? You are in disagreement with Peter,

Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, he foreseeing this spoke concerning the RESURRECTION of the Christ (Acts 2:29-31)

Come on Nick! Christ took the throne of His father David when He conquered death. Besides, Christ exists now so glorious that a throne made of dust would be annihilated by His presence. Paul was made blind by His presence.

You have over 32,000 posts on this board and you're not any wiser.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    In which way is the throne of David, death or the grave?
    Jesus had first to be raised to assume that earthly reign.

I am not wise but I do know where wisdom is found, in scripture and not the logic of men.[lk11]

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 27 2009,05:22)
    Hi TT,
    In which way is the throne of David, death or the grave?
    Jesus had first to be raised to assume that earthly reign.

I am not wise but I do know where wisdom is found, in scripture and not the logic of men.[lk11]

Read the passage again in Acts 2 without your “wisdom”. It explicitly says that Christ was raised up to the throne of David.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    This is what is says
    “He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,”

TO SIT

Just like
    Luke 1:69
    And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

Acts 13:22
    And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So where is Jesus now?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 27 2009,07:52)
    Hi TT,
    So where is Jesus now?

He is here.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Do you have an address?

Cindy
    Participant

Nick-odemus

Do you even understand that sitting on David's throne does not mean literal? it means he will rule in David's place. David ruled from a physical throne made by man, Christ will rule from a spiritual kingdom that ordinary man can not see.

“DO YOU HAVE AN ADDRESS”? be careful, your intelligence is showing.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    We were warned not to listen to those who said he was here or was there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 579 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account