Jesus: god the son or son of god?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 358 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    How wonderful a suitable vessel for the fulness of the words and powers of God was found in Jesus.
    Now he is the source for us of those graces and powers found in him

nick you are right in Jesus was all the fullness of the Godhead

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,00:25)
    nick you are right in Jesus was all the fullness of the Godhead

That does not mean that he was God it simply means that he was full with God.

The Glory and fulness of God fills the whole universe.

If you look at john 1:1 then look at 1john 5:7 (pease do read) Jesus must have been the Word and the Word was God

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,00:36)
    If you look at john 1:1 then look at 1john 5:7 (pease do read) Jesus must have been the Word and the Word was God

The Word of God is not a person it is The Word of God.

God says:
    Deuteronomy 18:17-19 (King James Version)

17And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.

18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Jesus even says that to whom the Word of God was given they were called “gods” Moses was certainly called God by God twice. I know it may be confusing but when God has given you a message to deliver you are representing God and speaking “as God” not that you are God.

Exodus 4:14-16 (New King James Version)
    14 So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. 15 Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do. 16 So he shall be your spokesman to the people. And he himself shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be to him as God.

John 10:34-36 (King James Version)

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Luke 3
    2Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,

1 Chronicles 17
    4 Go and tell David my servant, Thus saith the LORD, Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in:

1 Kings 12
    22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,

23 Speak unto Rehoboam, the son of Solomon, king of Judah, and unto all the house of Judah and Benjamin, and to the remnant of the people, saying,

Do you think Jesus came to those people?

As Jesus explained himself when God gives a person His words they are His words made flesh. The word is not Jesus but in Jesus. God said that He put His word in the mouth of Jesus.

and th word became flesh and dwelt among us john 1 :14

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,01:08)

Yes, but you miss the point, the word was manifested in Jesus. Jesus even said that the words he speak do not belong to him, that was why he was sanctified by The Father that God could speak through him.

The word manifest doesn't mean incarnate it means to make evident. So through Jesus Christ we evidenced the Word of God coming from God through Jesus. Jesus was not The Word or God. Jesus was a created spirit that proceded from God.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ May 23 2009,12:06)
    Lightenup said:

I believe that GOD would give birth to the same kind as Himself, ya know GOD begets God, man begets man kind of thing.  GOD the Father could not pass on His “always existence” quality though which would set Him apart as the Most High GOD over any that He Himself begat (gave birth to).

Hmmmm…I wonder why Jesus did not call God His Mother seeing that only mothers give birth?  ???

Jeremy,
    Kathi's view is the most bizarre of all views here. She has repeatedly said that God reproduced Himself by begetting. But now she has gone further. Now she is saying that God reproduces Himself by giving birth too.

So God is not merely Christ's father. God is actually Christ's father-mother.  It just gets crazier all the time :p

thinker

Greetings Thinker….. With reference to your assessment of LUs post….Iam curious for your take on this issue and please spare me the diatrob of written text….Indulge us with your acquired wisdom through hours of research….Thanks

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 10 2009,01:16)

Yes, but you miss the point, the word was manifested in Jesus.  Jesus even said that the words he speak do not belong to him, that was why he was sanctified by The Father that God could speak through him.

The word manifest doesn't mean incarnate it means to make evident. So through Jesus Christ we evidenced the Word of God coming from God through Jesus. Jesus was not The Word or God. Jesus was a created spirit that proceded from God.

Jesus was God manifested in the flesh right?
    If so then we conclude the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost must all be God or when we get the Holy Ghost inside us Jesus and God could not be in us for they are not the same one. what u say?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,01:22)

Yes, but you miss the point, the word was manifested in Jesus.  Jesus even said that the words he speak do not belong to him, that was why he was sanctified by The Father that God could speak through him.

If so then we conclude the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost must all be God or when we get the Holy Ghost inside us Jesus and God could not be in us for they are not the same one.  what u say?

The Spirit of God is God and the Word of God

When a Prophet would speak the Spirit of God would give them the words to speak they were manifesting the will of God.

Jesus was the evidence of God in the flesh
    your computer is the evidence of mans knowledge

Do you understand?

If I record my voice into a tape recorder I would not be the tape recorder but the recording would be evidence of my voice in other words it would really be me talking and really my expressions but it still would not be me in reality because it would just be a recording.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,01:22)

If so then we conclude the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost must all be God or when we get the Holy Ghost inside us Jesus and God could not be in us for they are not the same one.  what u say?

HI JN,
    psst.
    God was in him reconciling the world to Himself[2cor5]

yes
    nick

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    The Jesus who walked the earth was not God but the Son of God.
    He died believing that he might live in the Spirit and God was faithful.

If jesus was not God then y when Jesus said to worship God only did He let men worship Him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Is that the worship you think God wants?
    Try Jn4

I think God wants true unadulterated full of joy worship and Him alone

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 12 2009,11:00)

Then Worship God and obey his son who says to worship the Father with all your heart, soul, and mind and worship the Father in spirit and truth.

If you worship Jesus you don't believe in what he taught.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 12 2009,11:00)

Hi JN,
    Yes we need to follow Jesus.
    He taught about worshiping his God.[Jn4]

so do u say jesus was not God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 12 2009,11:08)
    so do u say jesus was not God?

Jesus worshipped God and so you must worship God to be obedient. Jesus was a man approved by God:

Romans 1:22-24 (New King James Version)
    22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account