Jesus: god the son or son of god?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 358 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2009,07:58)
    Hi BD,
    So you say.
    Grace and peace come through Jesus.
    Funny that only harshness is found in your writings and and gentle love never seems to feature.

If you looked with a pure heart you could see the love glowing.

(1) Yet there are men who take (for worship) others besides Allah, as equal (with Allah.: They love them as they should love Allah. But those of Faith are overflowing in their love for Allah. If only the unrighteous could see, behold, they would see the penalty: that to Allah belongs all power, and Allah will strongly enforce the penalty.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #165)

(2) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #177)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    That is the best you can offer?
    Our God loves us.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    I think we should not create an atmosphere of your God and my God. In fact everyone is searching here for the Only God who created us. I hope bodhitharta will also agree with me. Being a Muslim he is able to read Bible and seek truth. We have to appreciate him.

Peace and love to you
    Adam

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 27 2009,18:23)
    Hi brother Nick,
    I think we should not create an atmosphere of your God and my God. In fact everyone is searching here for the Only God who created us. I hope bodhitharta will also agree with me. Being a Muslim he is able to read Bible and seek truth. We have to appreciate him.

Peace and love to you
    Adam

G,
    The apostles said that there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby they MUST be saved. That name is JESUS. You are misguided.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,

Peace and love to you
    Adam

I completely agree with you.

There is only one God and I keep pointing that out to Nick because on one hand he preaches that but on the other hand he keeps acting as if there is some other God. In Islam there is no other god but God who is the Creator of all things and is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael, and in-fact God of All flesh and spirit there is no other God but He. Anyone praying anywhere to “any other” God is still only praying to God if there prayer is answered God is answering it, even in peoples ignorance when worshiping Idols or praying to saints if the prayer is answered God has answered it because it pleased Him to do so.

(10) He punishes whom He wills, and shows mercy to whom He wills; and to Him you will be returned.
    ( سورة العنكبوت , Al-Ankaboot, Chapter #29, Verse #21)

(11) That Allah may reward the men of truth for their truth (i.e. for their patience at the accomplishment of that which they covenanted with Allah), and punish the hypocrites, if He wills, or accept their repentance by turning to them (in mercy). Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    ( سورة الأحزاب , Al-Ahzab, Chapter #33, Verse #24)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 27 2009,20:08)

Hi brother Nick,

Peace and love to you
    Adam

G,
    The apostles said that there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby they MUST be saved. That name is JESUS. You are misguided.

thinker

Thinker,

The name of God is glorified above the heavens. So the idea was they were saying that on earth there was no other man where belief in him could obtain salvation except Jesus.

But of course the God of Jesus can save whom He wants. The Christian scriptures are all over the place requiring several analyses, The Quran is Clear in meaning.

Psalm 8
    1O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

Psalm 68:3-5 (King James Version)

3But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.

4Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

5A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

Psalm 148:12-14 (King James Version)

12Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:

13Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

(16) No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.
    ( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #103)

(2) He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
    ( سورة الحشر , Al-Hashr, Chapter #59, Verse #24)

(31) Glory to Him! He is high above all that they say!- Exalted and Great (beyond measure)!
    ( سورة الإسراء , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #43)

(47) But it is for those who fear their Lord. That lofty mansions, one above another, have been built: beneath them flow rivers (of delight): (such is) the Promise of Allah. never doth Allah fail in (His) promise.
    ( سورة الزمر , Az-Zumar, Chapter #39, Verse #20)

(48) No just estimate have they made of Allah, such as is due to Him: On the Day of Judgment the whole of the earth will be but His handful, and the heavens will be rolled up in His right hand: Glory to Him! High is He above the Partners they attribute to Him!
    ( سورة الزمر , Az-Zumar, Chapter #39, Verse #67)

(49) Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,-
    ( سورة غافر , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #15)

(61) He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of ((Allah)) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?
    ( سورة الملك , Al-Mulk, Chapter #67, Verse #3)

(63) And the angels will be on its sides, and eight will, that Day, bear the Throne of thy Lord above them.
    ( سورة الحاقة , Al-Haaqqa, Chapter #69, Verse #17)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 27 2009,20:08)

Hi brother Nick,

Peace and love to you
    Adam

G,

thinker

Pay attention and notice who they prayed to after the verse where you assumed that Jesus was thier highest authority you will clearly see he is referred to as a Holy Servant. I understand your confusion that's why reading the Quran was essential for me because God sent it down for clarity and as a mercy to mankind but most don't know. The Quran says that Jesus is the Holy servant of God as well it even says that Jesus is of those nearest to Him but in no way does the Quran make Jesus out to be God or even a god nor does Jesus need to be a god to be given honor and blessings and peace.

Acts 4

23 And being let go, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: “Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them, 25 who by the mouth of Your servant David have said:

‘ Why did the nations rage,
    And the people plot vain things?
    26 The kings of the earth took their stand,
    And the rulers were gathered together
    Against the LORD and against His Christ.’[c]

27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”
    31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,

Peace and love to you
    Adam

Hi GM,
    To attempts to justify his false religion and false teachings he attacks the proven and precious Word of God, the lordship of Jesus and the faithful servants of God in the body of Christ.

But you can yet fellowship with him?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,06:53)

Hi brother Nick,

Peace and love to you
    Adam

Hi GM,
    To attempts to justify his false religion and false teachings he attacks the proven and precious Word of God, the lordship of Jesus and the faithful servants of God in the body of Christ.

But you can yet fellowship with him?

I never attack the Word of God.

Jesus is the servant of God and you are supposed to be the servant of God.

You call religion false and yet do not know what religion is, Nick

James 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Is this a false teaching, Nick?

You have critisized GM for pointing out basic facts, you have not shown he is wrong about his concerns you just tell him he is not believing enough, how odd!

Please, why don't you explain beyond two sentences why you feel GM is wrong about what he said regarding the scriptures.

I already know you won't do that but it's because you can't because he is right. Allowing him the truth will only increase his faith not diminish it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    We are branches of the vine.
    There is life in that vine.
    Whence is your life?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,08:14)
    Hi BD,
    We are branches of the vine.
    There is life in that vine.
    Whence is your life?

My Life is in the one who created my life, how about you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So you have come to Jesus to find the fountain of eternal life?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,08:19)
    Hi BD,

Jesus has already shown what Eternal life was but you seem to still struggle with it. You remind me of the people who wear crosses it's like why do you still focun on the dead rather than the living. Isn't Jesus alive?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Indeed he lives here in his body.
    Why not be joined with him?

There is salvation in no other name under heaven.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,09:43)
    Hi BD,
    Indeed he lives here in his body.
    Why not be joined with him?

There is salvation in no other name under heaven.

Not even, YHWH i.e. Jehovah or Yahweh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    If you do not accept our scriptures as sacred but needing correction then you will believe what you will about saving yourself.
    But God is not under heaven anyway.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,11:35)
    Hi BD,
    If you do not accept our scriptures as sacred but needing correction then you will believe what you will about saving yourself.
    But God is not under heaven anyway.

God holds dominion everywhere but if God is simply above the heavens then wouldn't it be a good thing to Worship the Highest and simply give honor and blessings to His anointed?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi bd,
    We are who are in the vine serve the Gardener as he does.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 28 2009,09:05)

Hi BD,

Jesus has already shown what Eternal life was but you seem to still struggle with it. You remind me of the people who wear crosses it's like why do you still focun on the dead rather than the living. Isn't Jesus alive?

Amen to that post brother Bodhitharta

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 29 2009,17:43)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 28 2009,09:05)

Hi BD,

Amen to that post brother Bodhitharta

God bless you!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account