Jesus and blood sacrifice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    The full expression of Christ as king has indeed not come.
    But the resurrected Lord will return and rule the earth from Jerusalem.

Towshab
    Participant

Show me second coming of the King Messiah in Tanakh. Stop with the empty excuses.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Did you not know Jesus will rule from the seat of David?

Towshab
    Participant

How will he do it? adead man cannot usurp a throne from its rightful ruler.

Towshab
    Participant

Just bringing this back up because Nick has given no real answers. Thought some other person more knowleable might give it a try.
    ==========================================
    Christians say that before Jesus died on the cross, the only true way to receive forgiveness of sins was via animal blood sacrifice. Even Hebrews says

Heb 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Was Jesus under the law? What did he say?

Mat 5:18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

If the new covenant, the covenant that no longer needed blood sacrifice because of Jesus' shed blood had not come until Jesus's death, what of the following?

==================================
    Mar 2:5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Luk 7:48 And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
    ==================================

What is this? I see no sacrifice here. How can sins be forgiven under the “old covenant” without blood?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 04 2008,08:06)
    How will he do it?  adead man cannot usurp a throne from its rightful ruler.

Hi Tow,
    He is of the line of David and appointed as King of God's kingdom on earth.
    He lives and will return as King of the earth.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 03 2008,15:16)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 04 2008,08:06)
    How will he do it?  adead man cannot usurp a throne from its rightful ruler.

Hi Tow,
    He is of the line of David and appointed as King of God's kingdom on earth.
    He lives and will return as King of the earth.

Nope, not the line of David on the side that counts: paternal. And Luke's genealogy does not mention Mary so to speculate it was her lineage is apologetics and without proof. Compound that with the fact that Luke's genealogy does not go through Solomon and both run through the cursed bloodline of Jeconiah, and you have trouble from many different directions.

The writers of Matthew and Luke did more harm then good by including the bogus genealogies. If they had left them out, that particular proof against Jesus would not have been available.

Face it, the writer's of the GT never dreamed that anyone would check into these things. They goofed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Hosanna to the son of David.
    Even the stones would cry out.
    You are not greater than what is written.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 03 2008,15:25)
    Hi tow,
    Hosanna to the son of David.
    Even the stones would cry out.
    You are not greater than what is written.

You are right, I am not greater than what is written but I sure can read what is written. And what is written proves Jesus is not King Messiah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You have your own PROOFS?
    But you do not believe in what you call proofs.
    You do nat accept as truth what is written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You have your own PROOFS?
    But you do not believe in what you call proofs.
    You have admitted do not accept fully as truth what is written.

Towshab
    Participant

Ah but I do Nick, I do. I believe the messianic prophecies. And the fact is YOU say you believe every bit of it is true. So how can you reconcile the evidence?

Stop looking at me and look at the evidence before you.

If a jury lets a murderer free because they have overwhelming evidence he committed the crime but had “faith” he did not do it, does that make it right?

The overwhelming evidence says Jesus was not who Christianity says he was. Yet you are like the jury who sets the murderer free because of feelings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You may be overwhelmed by what you see but we are mystified that you cannot see what is plain.
    God is true.
    His writings are true.
    He sent His son Jesus Christ.
    All who believe in him will enjoy the favour of God.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 03 2008,16:20)
    Hi Tow,
    You may be overwhelmed by what you see but we are mystified that you cannot see what is plain.

I list what is plain in scripture, you respond with opinion and false ideas pulled from the pulpits of Christianity.

God is true.
    His writings are true.

Then why do you refuse to see what is written in Tanakh about the true King Messiah? You still have provided ZERO evidence that Jesus fulfilled a single messianic prophecy.

He sent His son Jesus Christ.

Show me that He will send His son in Tanakh.

All who believe in him will enjoy the favour of God.

G-d does not condone idolatry. How will idolaters expect to be favored?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    God did not give all details of His plan to even the prophets
    because part of His paln is that the truths in the OT
    can only be shown in the light of the NT.

So without the NT you will be a sad lost soul searching for what cannot be found.

Towshab
    Participant

Again, your reasoning is about secrecy and incomplete revelation. You would think that G-d would want His chosen people to know these things. If that is the way G-d treats His chosen people then you have to wonder.

But too bad for you, He did reveal clues about the King Messiah and the messianic age. Jesus fulfilled none of them. So the secrets you support were so secret that Jesus couldn't even be mentioned in Tanakh!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You should not continue to make presumptions about God.
    His ways are not ours.

david
    Participant

ISAIAH 53:11
    “Because of the trouble of his soul he will see, he will be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, will bring a righteous standing to many people; and their errors he himself will bear.”

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 03 2008,19:13)

ISAIAH 53:11
    “Because of the trouble of his soul he will see, he will be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, will bring a righteous standing to many people; and their errors he himself will bear.”

Sorry, no forgiveness there. Besides, how does this compare with the statement in Hebrews that without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins? You must reconcile the two.

Towshab
    Participant

From JPT

Isa 53:11 From the toil of his soul he would see, he would be satisfied; with his knowledge My servant would vindicate the just for many, and their iniquities he would bear.

This says nothing about forgiving of sins.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account