Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 20 2010,16:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 16 2010,16:42)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 05 2010,20:17)
    Here is what the watchtower society says…
    Watchtower publication: May 15, 2009 Pages 4-5…

'It is the course of discretion to guard our lips when in the presence of wicked people.
    When confronted by ridicules in our ministry, silence may well be the proper response…'

'A person of “broad discernment” does not betray a confidence. (Prov.11:12)'
    A true Christian will not divulge confidential matters through unguarded speech
    Christian elders must be particularly circumspect in this regard
    so as to retain the trust of members of the congregation.',

Hi David,

Since your honesty is now in question with regard to your 'visable' organization!
    Please answer ALL FIVE of the following questions for the record… (Rom.14:12 / Ex.20:16)

1) Do you consider me to be a wicked person?

2) Do you consider me to be ridiculing your ministry?

3) Would you lie to avoid betraying the confidence of your organization?

4) Are you an elder in your organization?

5) Does your organization know that you Post at heaven.net?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Ed.

It makes no sense to say that my honesty is in question.  I have never lied to you.  

Secondly, you apparently don't actually read my posts.  I answered your five questions on the bottom of page 69.  

Whenever people such as yourself don't actually read my posts, it makes me think you simply have some agenda, and don't care to discuss anything.  I am starting to think your agenda is to slander me for some reason.  My guess it is because I hurt your feelings and you just can't let go of that.

Again, i'm sorry I spoke tactlessly and so directly.

david

Hi David,

Are you saying that your answer is “No” to all five questions?

God bless

david
    Participant

Ed, in the thread about Dawkins, you mention that “Christians don't kill.”

So, just as you ask me to define whether others are Christians or not, it seems that you too have defined those who kill (which is just about every group other than JW's) as non-Christians.

So if “Christians don't kill” as you say, then by that standard:

Roman Catholics–not Christian
    Evengelicals–not Christian
    Protestants–not Christian
    etc,
    etc.

You ask:

Is it not true that your organization has taught YOU(david) that current non-members of your organization are not Christians?

Well, truthfully, I believed before I officially became a JW that Christians are people who follow Christ. And it's true that JW's pointed out some things about how Christ lived.  As I've said before, as an example, they point out why they came to your door, them being commanded by Christ to “Go and make disciples….” (mat 28:19,20)
    In answer to your question, I already believed that Christians are people who follow Christ.  So, if someone is not following Christ's commands, or they are openly violating Biblical principals, such as killing others for whatever reason, or perhaps they openly sponsor homosexual relationships, or whatever.  When people are not “following Christ” and living by his words, then they are not “Christians” (followers of Christ,) are they Ed?

david

david
    Participant

David, Ed doesn't know what hes talking about half of the time, so I find it strange that he would judge you. However, I will say that you should leave the JWs and find a better church. One that believes in healing and one that follows the Holy Spirit and not the teachings of man. And also one that believes in the resurrection of Jesus in the flesh.

Look in the thread called 'Do Spirits have bodies'. There you will see that what the JWs teach with regards to the risen Christ and wrong. Ed also believes as you do in regards to this. So I cant see why he is saying anything to you.

–shimmer

Hi shimmer.
    I can and have spoken and discussed on here at length regarding those two subjects, both healing and whether Jesus was raised a spirit, or raised a human. I have no problem discussing these things again, and would vastly prefer it to this interogation by Ed. I will check out the “do spirits have bodies” thread, but it seems there are more specific threads on how Jesus was resurrected. I will look into it.

david

david
    Participant

Quotes myself 0_0, I already answered your question, NOW LEAVE DAVID ALONE -_-.

Thanks. I will include this in my report about Ed to the moderators. (Just joking Ed.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 20 2010,16:34)

Quotes myself 0_0, I already answered your question, NOW LEAVE DAVID ALONE -_-.

Thanks.  I will include this in my report about Ed to the moderators.  (Just joking Ed.)

Hi David,

We do have much in common my friend, but you still have not answered…

Does your organization know that you Post at heaven.net?

God bless

david
    Participant

But is NOT the purpose of you being here
    to enlighten us all with regard to your organization?

–Ed.

No, not at all Ed. That is a large misconception.

I've only stated my purpose on heaven net about 4 times in the past 5 years or so. Maybe you missed those posts. It began as me trying to figure out who else doesn't believe in the trinity. I became interested that others than JW's don't believe in a trinity. I began to debate with others about the trinity.

I have found that I learn a lot by speaking with others who are smarter than I am.

I am forced to learn a great deal by digging into scripture when I am on here discussing things.

I HAVE NEVER REALLY TRIED TO PUMP MY RELIGION in any fashion. You will find that there are numerous threads on JW's but they aren't started by me. You'll find I rarely start conversations about JW's, but when someone says something I usually respond. I am fine not discussing JW's on here and I can just discuss Biblical ideas if people prefer. It's only when others bring things up as you do that you'll find I talk about JW's.

I see no reason to speak with you about this any longer, as I am not learning a lot from you.

david

david
    Participant

Ed, once again:

Hi Ed.
    The answer to your five questions is “no' to all.

–David, page 69

Hi David,

Are you saying that your answer is “No” to all five questions?

–Ed, page 73

Ed, now that you have your answer to your five questions, I am going to go find a thread for Shimmer.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 20 2010,16:41)
    Ed.

I see no reason to speak with you about this any longer, as I am not learning a lot from you.

david

Hi David,

What would your organization 'think' if they found out
    you were coming to h-net to learn about JEHOVAH GOD?

God bless

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 20 2010,18:18)

Ed.

david

Hi David,

God bless

You forget that David isn't the only one who studied with JW's here. Mikeboll used to study with JWs, BD as well, i'm still studying with them. The simple answer is David will get counciled. My grandma knows I preach to people over the internet, I even told here I went to a christian chatroom. I even found a JW from Indiana OVER THE INTERNET AND GOT HIS PHONE NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with the JW's counciling or warning each other the dangers of the internet or any other place that's social.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Between,

Are you saying 'they' would disapprove?

God bless

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 22 2010,03:56)
    Hi Between,

God bless

Yes, i'm saying they'll disapprove, it's hardly a Dfing act though. I'm interested in knowing how your going to use my response to accuse my brothers, should be interesting.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 22 2010,20:51)

Hi Between,

God bless

Yes, i'm saying they'll disapprove, it's hardly a Dfing act though.  I'm interested in knowing how your going to use my response to accuse my brothers, should be interesting.

Bet

no it is a control thing.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 22 2010,13:51)

Hi Between,

God bless

Yes, i'm saying they'll disapprove, it's hardly a Dfing act though.  I'm interested in knowing how your going to use my response to accuse my brothers, should be interesting.

Hi Between,

Why are you(Between) accusing me of wanting to accuse them?
    My only goal is press David to be honest with regards to his organization!
    Because he has a habit of being evasive towards questions(in using distractions),
    and even going so far as dissuading away from “The Truth”(the essence of telling LIES).

God bless

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 20 2010,18:18)

Ed.

david

Hi David,

God bless

Hi Ed.
    My comment was more of a hidden poke at you if you read my whole post.

However, obviously I have learnt nothing from you whatsoever about Jehovah.

You have convinced me that the Bible code is wrong, because you forced me to look into it. And I thank you for that. I now know a lot more about it though.

david
    Participant

Because he has a habit of being evasive towards questions(in using distractions),
    and even going so far as dissuading away from “The Truth”(the essence of telling LIES).

–Ed.

Ed, I have never been dishonest about JW's. (If you are accusing me of something, perhaps a quote and page number would be nice.)
    On your second point, do you think Jesus' teaching methods were evasive…his use of illustrations…do you know why he said he used them?
    And I have no idea what your last statement is even trying to say. But if you are accusing me of lying, please state where.
    And if you are saying I'm lying by saying the Bible code is fallacious, no one on here would disagree with me, except you.

david

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 20 2010,17:18)
    Continuing……
    So who's voice is it that raises the dead?  Is it Jesus' voice or an archangel's voice?  Or are they the same?

There are other such similarities:  Who takes action against the ruler of the world: Jesus, or the archangel? (Rev 12:7; 19: 11-14)
    Or, who has the angels under subjection: the archangel or Jesus?  (Rev 12:7; 19:19, etc, etc.) Or are they the same one?

The question comes down to this:

If I make these statements:
    1. Jimmy is the one who stole my suitcase.
    2. The architect stole my suitcase.

Am I allowed to conclude that Jimmy is an architect?  Nowhere does it explicitely say that Jimmy is an architect?.

3. Jimmy is in charge of the builders.
    4. An architect is in charge of the builders.

5. Jimmy is the one who is going to see the building constructed.
    6. The architect is in charge of the building.

Nowhere are we told that Jimmy is the architect.  But if we believe they are not the same one, then this means there are two that have the exact same role.  And which is more likely?  That is the question.

david

Hi David,

How is it you 'fail' to use the same type of logic here…

Lev.11:45 For I JEHOVAH that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall there
    fore be holy, for I
    Holy.
    John 4:24 God is
    Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled
    thine heart
    to lie to the HolySpirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
    Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine
    own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart?

thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

david
    Participant

Ed, I'm sorry. Can you say what I lied about?

Are you considering my religous beliefs a lie? You do realize that lying is when you say something false that you know is wrong.

I do not consider your wrongness about the Bible code to be you lying. You are simply stating something that you believe and that no one else here does believe.

Are you suggesting that this is the lying you are referring to?

david
    Participant

Ed, as far as distractions go, do you think it's a coincidence that you began this questioning of me about a day after I spoke ill of your Bible code theories? I actually don't think it's a distraction personally, but I just think that you hold that belief so dear, that it upset you greatly and you took it personally when I spoke so frankly about your Bible code beliefs.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 22 2010,15:08)

–Ed.

Ed, I have never been dishonest about JW's.  (If you are accusing me of something, perhaps a quote and page number would be nice.)
    On your second point, do you think Jesus' teaching methods were evasive…his use of illustrations…do you know why he said he used them?
    And I have no idea what your last statement is even trying to say.  But if you are accusing me of lying, please state where.
    And if you are saying I'm lying by saying the Bible code is fallacious, no one on here would disagree with me, except you.

david

Hi David,

Pages 66-72 I asked you (the essence) this of this question…

Is it not true that your organization has taught YOU(david)
    that current non-members of your organization are not Christians?

To which you answered different questions such as what you 'thought' the first Christians were like.

Diversionary tactics like insinuating I was really asking if you thought I was a Christian.

to finally stating…

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2010,16:32)
    The only answer you will get from me is: 'People who follow Christ are Christians.'
    The answer is not: 'People who say or convince themself that they are following Christ.'

All of which fall far short of the honest answer of YES, they do teach that.

So that, my friend, is why I say… “your honesty is now in question with regard to your 'visable' organization!”

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 22 2010,15:21)
    Ed,

You do realize that lying is when you say something false that you know is wrong.

Hi David,

What do you call it when a person's response leads someone
    away from “The Truth” of (the essence) to which they inquire?

Ed J

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account