Jehovah's witnesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 826 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

did you go to the official web site?

david
    Participant

Since when have you cared what “most religious groups profess” Nick?
    It's what the Bible says. I have quoted the Bible.
    I have not looked to what most religious groups of this whorish Babylonian world believe, as you say, and as you have referred to them in the past.

What does it mean to “receive Christ” Nick?

“All you have to do is mix with the right people…”
    Although I'm quite certain it would not have been worded that way, you yourself has said the exact same thing, you limit your association. “Bad association spoils useful habits.” You said: “you cannot be eating at the table of Jehovah and the table of demons.”
    You can't knock what we believe (which is based on the Bible) if you yourself agree with it.

Nick, we've had literally hundreds of articles about repenting, believing and becoming baptized.
    I would tend to believe that Jehovah's Witness mimic the actions of Paul and the acts of the apostles more than any group on the planet.
    We're not well liked. Prison is a common thing for us. Being banned, a common thing. Disliked, yes. I live in Canada. When world war 2 broke out, it became illegal to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Because of our message and because we show the truth, we are hated, as was jesus' early disciples. I would love to turn this into a topic of itself. Give me a hundred pages or so Nick. We are differnet and stand out as different from the world. The world doesn't like that.

Anyway, I have to go eat pie. And then sleep.

Goodnight Nick.

dave.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi d,
    Jesus showed us how to be restored in our relationship with God so that he became our Father and we becomre His children. That requires rebirth into His family. All are sinners and all need to receive forgiveness from God so that we can draw near to Him.
    Joining a religion does not restore our relationship with God.

david
    Participant

No it doesn't Nick. That doesn't restore our relationship with God.

But if God has a people, shouldn't we be with that people.

Would you have said those words to Peter or Paul if they came to your house (Acts 20:20; 5:42)
    Peter, “Joining a religion does not restore our relationship with God.”
    Would you have done your own thing, and figured the Bible out yourself if you were living in the first century?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 02 2005,16:30)
    No it doesn't Nick.  That doesn't restore our relationship with God.

But if God has a people, shouldn't we be with that people.

Would you have said those words to Peter or Paul if they came to your house (Acts 20:20; 5:42)
    Peter, “Joining a religion does not restore our relationship with God.”
    Would you have done your own thing, and figured the Bible out yourself if you were living in the first century?

Hi d,
    You have to join his family by being born again. It is not a birthright. And getting alongside those we are convinced are on the right path just makes us interested observers and not committed fellow members. Those who are in his family have individually gone through the gate.They will not be alongside you when you stand alone before the seat of judgement.
    Far better and safer to have passed from death into life and to avoid judgement.[Jn 5.24f]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi d,
    It is a matter of priorities. It is good to read the Word and to fellowship but all is useless unless we first are established in the Kingdom of God in the way Jesus told us.
    ” Seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you”

david
    Participant

I think I have it Nick. You saw the corruption of the Catholic church and said: “I don't need this. I can figure things out myself. I don't need the priests above me. I don't need religion at all.”

I could understand someone saying those things.

But a religion organized in the manner of the first-century Christian congregation would be different.
    Jesus set out the principle: “Do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your teacher, WHERAS ALL YOU ARE BROTHERS. Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for your Leader is one, the Christ. But the greatest one among you must be your minister.” (Matthew 23:8-11)
    A congregation of brothers precludes having a proud clergy class that honors itself with high-sounding titles and elevates itself above a laity. (Job 32:21, 22) Those shepherding the flock of God are told to do so “not under compulsion, but willingly; neither for love of dishonest gain, but eagerly; neither as lording it over those who are God’s inheritance, but becoming examples to the flock.” (1 Peter 5:2, 3) Genuine Christian shepherds refrain from trying to make themselves masters over the faith of others. As fellow workers in God’s service, they simply strive to set a fine example. —2 Corinthians 1:24.

NickHassan
    Participant

No,
    I left because I had been born again and the scriptures took on an entirely new beauty and harmony. I compared those scriptures with the church teachings and found they were different. The church teachings were touted as being equal in importance to the sacred Word of God and I knew that was a lie.

I believed the catholics had got it right about communion making us one with Jesus. Then I came to realise that scripture instead was the real soul food and I had no reason left to stay.

“man cannot live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God “

I did stay for some years believing I could help others understand what I had found but they were rather more interested in following the pope than Jesus. Living a lie became more and more difficult and I had found the work of the Spirit to be real but denied in that false fellowship. I could not serve two masters and their path was walking away from him.

Finally I was rebuked by the parish priest for praying with, for healing, a sick brother without getting permission from the priest first. That was enough and I shook the dust from my feet literally and left.

david
    Participant

I'm wondering where t8 or other administrators are.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 02 2005,06:16)
    did you go to the official web site?

Yes

david
    Participant

Crazy!!!!
    I don't visit the web site very much, but I just did. Did you see what was on the top right hand corner, in large letters? 'Should I belong to a Church?' That's crazy. I mean, that's not always there, it changes all the time and this isn't a subject that we see all that much. We were just discussing that very subject, and you go to the website. It's like they knew you were coming Nick.

liljon
    Participant

I believe their are very many flaws with their theology.
    144,000 only are born again
    Jesus is a created angel
    soul sleep
    jesus ressurected a spirit

david
    Participant

OK, we'll go back into the heaven scriptures and we'll go over them with a little less speed.
    But before we do, Liljon, what do you think of these scriptures? What place have they in your understanding?

PROVERBS 2:21-22
    “For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.”

PROVERBS 10:30
    “As for the righteous one, to time indefinite he will not be caused to stagger; but as for the wicked ones, they will not keep residing on the earth.”

PSALM 37:9-11
    “For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.”

PSALM 37:29
    “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.”

MATTHEW 5:5
    ““Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.”

ISAIAH 65:17
    ““For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.”

2 PETER 3:13
    “But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.”

REVELATION 21:1-4
    “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.””

david
    Participant

Couldn't our time be more well spent trying to think up ways to reach people with the good news?

Liljon, I make a prediction. (Just a joke, really)
    Even though I don't know where you're from, even though I have no idea what country or island or village you live in, I make a prediction.

In the next few months or so, a couple of people are going to knock on your door. They are going to bring you good news, and they'll have Bibles in their hands. If tomorrow you move a thousand miles away, they'll still find you. If you change your name, move to some little Island and speak the native tongue, they'll still find you. Why? Because they believe Christ's words are important. They believe everyone on earth should be given a chance to hear the good news and also be warned.

I make another prediction. I will never hear a member of your religion making an effort to contact me. Why?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    How great it would be if they also knew about salvation and could lead men to Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2005,16:56)
    Crazy!!!!
    I don't visit the web site very much, but I just did.  Did you see what was on the top right hand corner, in large letters?  'Should I belong to a Church?'   That's crazy.  I mean, that's not always there, it changes all the time and this isn't a subject that we see all that much.  We were just discussing that very subject, and you go to the website.  It's like they knew you were coming Nick.

Hi david,
    Keep searching. There is no security in the denominations and religions of men. It is God and His Son we need to fellowship with.
    1Jn 1.3
    ' what we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us-what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ”

david
    Participant

Nick, has there ever been security in any religion anywhere?

Has there ever been a true religion?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    God's definition of religion is not man's as James showed. So true religion goes on everywhere the sons of God are.

liljon
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2005,20:53)
    OK, we'll go back into the heaven scriptures and we'll go over them with a little less speed.
    But before we do, Liljon, what do you think of these scriptures?  What place have they in your understanding?

PROVERBS 2:21-22
    “For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.”

PROVERBS 10:30
    “As for the righteous one, to time indefinite he will not be caused to stagger; but as for the wicked ones, they will not keep residing on the earth.”

PSALM 37:9-11
    “For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.”

PSALM 37:29
    “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.”

MATTHEW 5:5
    ““Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.”

ISAIAH 65:17
    ““For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.”

2 PETER 3:13
    “But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.”

REVELATION 21:1-4
    “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.””

Only the ones declared righteous will be with God forever the wicked will not have any inheritance in the kingdom but will take part in the firery lake

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    How do you see God choosing who is righteous?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account