I've rejected the trinity – now what?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 20 2007,08:12)
    Nick,

You're an Admin for this site, right?  So you should have some decency then, right?  Why then, after I reach out to you, saying, let's not misquote each other, do you imply once again that I believe the Father is the Son.  I don't believe that.  Stop avoiding the real issue of the Trinity by attacking modalism.  And please show some decency and agree with me not to misquote each other.  Don't make me go to the admin feedback board.

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    Your threats hide your apparent insecurity which could be so easily resolved by tossing out the false teachings you try so valiantly to defend.
    Trinity theory is a form of modalism.
    It denies Jesus really is the son of God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Topic: “I've rejected the trinity – now what?, What are the implication of giving up belief in the trinity?”

You could always join the heretics here on Heaven Net.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Did Jesus believe in this trinity?
    He never said so.
    Follow him.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Actually He did. Matthew 28:19.

Tim

david
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Actually He did. Matthew 28:19.

Which aspect of the trinity doest his prove?

It does prove that you can count to three, I know.

but really, what does it actually prove, other than that three are listed together.
    Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are listed together far more times. Does this prove a trinity?

Please explain exactly what this scripture proves and how.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi David,

I think at the minimal level it proves that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have the same Name. But that alone is proof that they are one God, for we all agree that the Name of the Father is the Name of God.

But even more importantly it shows that we are baptized into the Name of God, to wash away our sins (Acts 2:38), which only God can do (Isaiah 43:25), so that we might be buried with Jesus in death and become alive to God in Christ Jesus, Romans 6:1-11, and become one body, the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19; Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthians 12:13). So we see in baptism reconciliation and justification with God the Father, unification with Jesus Christ in His death, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Thus, baptism marks the end of our old life, hostile to God, and the beginning of our new life, lived from, through, and to God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Tim

david
    Participant

I think at the minimal level it proves that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have the same Name.

It definitely doesn't “prove” that. Perhaps this is why you say at a “minimal level it proves” this.

But that alone is proof that they are one God, for we all agree that the Name of the Father is the Name of God.

In the name of my Father, my brother and myself…
    (We all have the last name.)
    Does this prove that we are all person, because it could be said that we all have one name? No? Then how can you use the word “prove” with reference to this?
    You say “the name of the Father is the name of God” and so conclude that they are all God because it says: in the name of the Father and the Son and the holy spirit.

Nor does the rest of what you say have any connection to my question, of how this scripture proves the trinity.

It simply mentions “the Father” and “the Son” and the holy spirit.
    The meaning of “trinity” and the fact that we can count to three in this verse does not prove anything.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2.
    You say
    “But even more importantly it shows that we are baptized into the Name of God, to wash away our sins (Acts 2:38),”
    Interesting.
    Jesus is the Son of God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Nick

Hi Tim2.
    You say
    “But even more importantly it shows that we are baptized into the Name of God, to wash away our sins (Acts 2:38),”
    Interesting.
    Jesus is the Son of God.

Nick.  See who the Son is!

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

TITUS 2:13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

JOHN 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    JOHN 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

PHILIPPIANS 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

COLOSSIANS 2:9-10 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1 TIMOTHY 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Compare
    Psa 41:13  Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
    With
    MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

Compare
    1 CHRONICLES 28:9 . . . the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:
    With
    MATTHEW 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
    MATTHEW 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, . . .
    REVELATION 2:23 . . . I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: . . .

Compare
    Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    With
    Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Compare1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    With
    1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Compare
    Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
    With
    Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    Joh 18:6  When therefore he said unto them, I am, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Mat 23:24  Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. :O

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 28 2007,01:09)
    Topic: “I've rejected the trinity – now what?, What are the implication of giving up belief in the trinity?”

You could always join the heretics here on Heaven Net.

CB

:)

Quote (david @ April 28 2007,19:00)

I think at the minimal level it proves that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have the same Name.

It definitely doesn't “prove” that.  Perhaps this is why you say at a “minimal level it proves” this.

But that alone is proof that they are one God, for we all agree that the Name of the Father is the Name of God.  

In the name of my Father, my brother and myself…
    (We all have the last name.)
    Does this prove that we are all person, because it could be said that we all have one name?  No?  Then how can you use the word “prove” with reference to this?  
    You say “the name of the Father is the name of God” and so conclude that they are all God because it says: in the name of the Father and the Son and the holy spirit.  

Nor does the rest of what you say have any connection to my question, of how this scripture proves the trinity.

It simply mentions “the Father” and “the Son” and the holy spirit.
    The meaning of “trinity” and the fact that we can count to three in this verse does not prove anything.

David

You are correct, it dosnt prove the Trinity.

But what Matt 28:19 does do, is it forces the belief that Jesus spoke of three entities.

So when you search the scriptures to define these entities then you will see that The Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost is One God.

It is written in the scriptures for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    One verse forces nothing.
    It can suggest something but only if found written in the same way elsewhere more than once does it have validity.
    This verse is in doubt anyway having been reported in the works of the historian Eusebius as reading

“in my name”

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2007,07:17)
    Hi W,
    One verse forces nothing.
    It can suggest something but only if found written in the same way elsewhere more than once does it have validity.
    This verse is in doubt anyway having been reported in the works of the historian Eusebius as reading

“in my name”

NH

You are right, it dosnt force the unbelievers to accept Matt 28:19.

But if one “chooses” to accept “ALL” Scripture” then he is forced to accept the verse.

Your argument about Eusibus is disputed by over 500 Greek and Hebrew and Aramaic scholars, and by the fact that it is found in thousands of ancient copys.

So put your trust in a dead man and his doubtful claim if you want.

BTW. While you are at it, get the white out for John 1:1 also.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I love John 1.1 and the way God uses it as a watershed of false teaching according to how men read it.
    Neither of those verses are godly teaching about any trinity. Jn1.1 speaks of two who are God and not three and doesn't give anyone permission to add a third and amalgamate them. And the interpretation of the apostles of Mt 28 who baptised in the name of Jesus also does not add any impetus to such an arrogant addition.

Tim2
    Participant

Jn1.1 speaks of two who are God

Thanks Nick!  You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say this. :)

Now all you need to realize is that the Holy Spirit is not the Father, and you will be joining the millions of Christians who have confessed the Trinity for the past 1500 years.

:) :) :)

Tim

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 02 2007,12:09)

Now all you need to realize is that the Holy Spirit is not the Father, and you will be joining the millions of Christians who have confessed the Trinity for the past 1500 years.

Tim

LOL Nick!
    Why did you betray Us?Did tim give you the thirty pieces of Silver LOL Its not to late Repent repent..ROFL
    I know you made a mistake it happens to the best of Us.It must be the Human side that got in the way.LOL

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 02 2007,12:09)

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    No you have to take the following steps of logic and inference.

“Two gods is not possible so they must be the same one and since the Spirit is spoken of like a person then we have three persons”

On such shaky grounds the facile extrabiblical doctrine of trinity rests.

No Tim2.

Scripture is what we know is from God and men should not add to it if they fear God.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

What is the difference, if any, between the Father and the Spirit?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    God IS the Father in heaven.
    God manifests outside of heaven as HIS Spirit.
    The Spirit of God is as the finger of God.
    To blaspheme the Spirit is to blaspheme God.
    To lie to the Spirit is to lie to God.

To do to those in Christ, is to do to Christ[matt25]
    We are in Christ and Christ is in God.
    ONE

Tim2
    Participant

Nick, so how come in John 14:16, Jesus said the Father would send another Helper, instead of saying the Father would manifest Himself as the Spirit? Jesus knew how to say manifest in 17:6, so why didn't he say it about the Spirit? Where does it ever say that God manifests as the Spirit?

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account