Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 11 2010,17:21)
    Now Jesus said if anyone says that they saw him to not believe them and yet you do not apply that to Paul who says he saw Jesus on the road to damascus now the point is not whether it is true or false the point is you apply different rules to similar circumstances.

Hi BD,

Why are you putting 'spin' on what Jesus said?
    He said (in essence): if someone tells you where Jesus
    could (Physically) be found; there were many who did see him.

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 11 2010,17:34)
    2 Corinthians 11:12-14 (New King James Version)
    12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Remember he is talking about Apostles of Christ not Prophets of God.

Hi BD,

Your playing 'pick and choose' what “Scripture” you choose to believe; do you think it wise to do that?

Ed J

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 12 2010,12:38)
    That doesn't matter because the point I am making is that you or anyone can preach another Jesus. And lets face it, we already both know that this is possible without having to read the bible.[/quote]
    While I agree with you that preaching another Jesus can be done it doesn't mean that in the case of Islam or the Quran that it has been done.

In-fact It preaches the exact same Jesus born of a virgin and conceived by the power of God.

Except that this version is not the son of the Most High and this one's death was falling short of his mission.

The true Jesus died for all humanity for all time. His sacrifice paid the price for all sin. So we don't have to be perfect, although we should try, we just need to be repentant and to accept this salvation as a free gift from God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 12 2010,18:01)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 12 2010,12:38)
    That doesn't matter because the point I am making is that you or anyone can preach another Jesus. And lets face it, we already both know that this is possible without having to read the bible.

While I agree with you that preaching another Jesus can be done it doesn't mean that in the case of Islam or the Quran that it has been done.

In-fact It preaches the exact same Jesus born of a virgin and conceived by the power of God.[/quote]
    Except that this version is not the son of the Most High and this one's death was falling short of his mission.

The true Jesus died for all humanity for all time. His sacrifice paid the price for all sin. So we don't have to be perfect, although we should try, we just need to be repentant and to accept this salvation as a free gift from God.

The scriptures say that Jesus will be “called” the son of The Most High, not that he “is” The Son of The Most High.

If he somehow actually was the Son of the Most High the scripture would not say “On this day I have begotten you”

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
    Acts 13:32-34

and the usage of the word shows it's meaning

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
    1 John 5:17-19

and further:

For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
    1 Corinthians 4:14-16

The second point is that Jesus declares in the scriptures that his mission is Finish before the cross:

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
    John 17:3-5

So instead of Jesus being Killed by Crucifixion God raised him up to HIMSELF

and Jesus left clues that this is true:

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
    Matthew 8:21-23

Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
    Luke 9:59-61

So as you can see Jesus can be Raised(lifted) from the dead without dying at all.

These are great mysteries I am revealing to you and to be honest it's because I have great respect , love and admiration for you. Whether you see what I am telling you now or sometime in the future no doubt I believe you will see.

Also what I am saying solidifies all of the prophecies of Jesus that would otherwise fail such as:

Matthew 16:27-28 (King James Version)

27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Now if Islam is right Jesus is the one who did not TASTE death, if he did and everyone else standing there at that time are now dead then his prophecy has failed because we know for sure that Jesus and the Holy Angels did not come back and reward every man according to his works til this very day.

I am sharing things with you that not even Muslims know because most have not really studied their scripture from the biblical perspective whereas I KNOW that God gives these insights to those who do not doubt his word. Now the Quran says:

And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger – they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

And so I look to the Bible and see if it is possible that they speculated his death and when I see contradictions I realize they are indeed speculations and this actually has increased ten fold my belief that God is Real and all these things really did occur and all the scriptures spring to life.

God Bless you!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 12 2010,14:38)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 11 2010,17:34)
    2 Corinthians 11:12-14 (New King James Version)
    12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Remember he is talking about Apostles of Christ not Prophets of God.

Hi BD,

Your playing 'pick and choose' what “Scripture” you choose to believe; do you think it wise to do that?

Ed J

There is no doubt what Paul is talking about and seriously I am not picking and choosing or doing anything slick at all I am simply holding the scripture to its context.

“transforming themselves into apostles of Christ” Can not apply to someone not calling themselves an apostle of Christ but instead an Apostle of God or a Prophet of God or a messenger of God.

“And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.”

Where would Paul get this Idea from?

karmarie
    Participant

Bod Hi hope your well,

Just curious you didnt answer my earlier question, no-one in believers place has either, it seems to be a question most avoid!

Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. Most Christians believe that when Jesus returns there will be a thousand years of peace Jesus and the Saints will rule the earth from Jerusalem and so on, Islam believes differently about Jesus but that life carries on or something similar, but how does that fit into these words in Peter?

2 Peter 3;

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

I asked a church elder this too, he gave some reply which didnt figure. So do you have an opinion at all?

Adventists believe exactly what it says but iv found no-one else who does.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 14 2010,11:47)
    Bod Hi hope your well,

Just curious you didnt answer my earlier question, no-one in believers place has either, it seems to be a question most avoid!

Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. Most Christians believe that when Jesus returns there will be a thousand years of peace Jesus and the Saints will rule the earth from Jerusalem and so on, Islam believes differently about Jesus but that life carries on or something similar, but how does that fit into these words in Peter?

2 Peter 3;

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

I asked a church elder this too, he gave some reply which didnt figure. So do you have an opinion at all?

I don't recall you asking me such a question but I don't seem to understand why I would disagree as I have said if Jesus is going to reign a thousand years how would that end except that at that time he dies and we then will all including Jesus be resurrected and he will resume his rule. If he already has died then why would his rule end after a thousand years?

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 14 2010,15:56)

Bod Hi hope your well,

2 Peter 3;

I don't recall you asking me such a question but I don't seem to understand why I would disagree as I have said if Jesus is going to reign a thousand years how would that end except that at that time he dies and we then will all including Jesus be resurrected and he will resume his rule. If he already has died then why would his rule end after a thousand years?

What I meant was in Peter it says that when Jesus returns this whole world will be burnt and destroyed and the heavens with it on His arrival. The day of The Lord. But most ignore this and say thats basically not true. I was just wondering what you thought of these words of Peters, most of Christianity ignores it (except Adventists).

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 14 2010,14:18)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 14 2010,15:56)

Bod Hi hope your well,

2 Peter 3;

What I meant was in Peter it says that when Jesus returns this whole world will be burnt and destroyed and the heavens with it on His arrival. The day of The Lord. But most ignore this and say thats basically not true. I was just wondering what you thought of these words of Peters, most of Christianity ignores it (except Adventists).

2 Peter 3

12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless

It seems to be allegorical instead of literal

karmarie
    Participant

Rev and Daniel and Ezekial all seem to be more that type of language but Peter talks more in a normal sense.
    Its just something iv always wondered about thats all.

karmarie
    Participant

Sorry I just cant help being annoying!:)

You know I love Christianity and I love Muslim people, I will remain as a Christian who loves and is concerned for Muslims and all others, I dont know what God plans in these last days,  I believe it will all work out in its own time.

I will continue to care and pray for Muslims and others, and will look to the future when all will be made clear, I dont know if im right or wrong.  I dont know who is, but I will continue to have faith in God regardless, its all I can cling to. I cant deny the scriptures. I cant read the Quran. I cant stand the coldness that is seen in Christianity today, but it wont change what I believe,  I wont let that put me off. We each have our own Faith beliefs,  

Take care of yourself.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

Here are some interesting videos about Islam…

Muhammad's night journey

History of Mecca

Anonymous

the manhattan project was code named project trinity and the first atomic blast code name baby Jesus.Jesus said that the powers of the heavens would be shaken.in greek the word for heavens is ouranos  ……..  the root word for uranium..?then shall appear the sign of the son of man coming in the clouds with POWER and GREAT GLORY.

Anonymous

REVELATION chapter 19 verses 9 – 16 READ this passage especially verse 10. now …… JESUS never declined or refused to be worshipped .also remember that the tomb is empty.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (EL LOBO @ Mar. 31 2010,01:34)
    the manhattan project was code named project trinity and the first atomic blast code name baby Jesus.Jesus said that the powers of the heavens would be shaken.in greek the word for heavens is ouranos  ……..  the root word for uranium..?then shall appear the sign of the son of man coming in the clouds with POWER and GREAT GLORY.

Hi EL LOBO,

Welcome to the forum; have you checked out this thread… Click Here

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

This should make for a more lively thread!

Kingdom of the Antichrist:  Part 1 of 17 through Part 9 of 17…

Enjoy!

Ed J
    Participant

Kingdom of the Antichrist: Part 10 of 17 through Part 17 of 17…

Enjoy!

terraricca
    Participant

edj

2Ki 10:18 Then Jehu brought all the people together and said to them, “Ahab served Baal a little; Jehu will serve him much.
    2Ki 10:19 Now summon all the prophets of Baal, all his ministers and all his priests. See that no one is missing, because I am going to hold a great sacrifice for Baal. Anyone who fails to come will no longer live.” But Jehu was acting deceptively in order to destroy the ministers of Baal.
    2Ki 10:20 Jehu said, “Call an assembly in honor of Baal.” So they proclaimed it.
    2Ki 10:22 And Jehu said to the keeper of the wardrobe, “Bring robes for all the ministers of Baal.” So he brought out robes for them.
    2Ki 10:23 Then Jehu and Jehonadab son of Recab went into the temple of Baal. Jehu said to the ministers of Baal, “Look around and see that no servants of the LORD are here with you—only ministers of Baal.”
    2Ki 10:24 So they went in to make sacrifices and burnt offerings. Now Jehu had posted eighty men outside with this warning: “If one of you lets any of the men I am placing in your hands escape, it will be your life for his life.”
    2Ki 10:25 As soon as Jehu had finished making the burnt offering, he ordered the guards and officers: “Go in and kill them; let no one escape.” So they cut them down with the sword. The guards and officers threw the bodies out and then entered the inner shrine of the temple of Baal.
    2Ki 10:28 So Jehu destroyed Baal worship in Israel

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 13 2010,12:58)
    This should make for a more lively thread!

Kingdom of the Antichrist:  Part 1 of 17 through Part 9 of 17…

Enjoy!

Why would you think that this nonesense should make for an interesting thread?

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

In muslim countries preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ is considered 'hate speech',
    and according to sharia law are worthy of the death penalty; exactly what Rev.20:4 refers to!            
    Revelation 20:4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:
    and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God,
    and which had not worshipped the (allah) beast, neither his (muhammad) image, neither had received his
    (islam) mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account