Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,19:53)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,11:24)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,19:13)

Quote (thethinker @ July 28 2009,10:57)
    bodhitharta said:

you should have put in bold writing this part of your quote

Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas.

The trinity is such a corruption Jesus is a being that you call God

The Father is another being that you call God

and the Holy Spirit is a third being that you call God

You believe in 3 distinct beings who rule.

What a corruption!

bd,
    No corruption occurred. The bold was for emphasis. Corruption would have occurred if I had left out that part of the statement. I was showing Gene that Muslims do not say that Christians (trinitarians)  worship three gods. Btw, did you notice that it says that the Trinity and the incarnation are “Christian” doctrines? In other words, they say your beliefs are true but not “Christian.”

thinker

I wasn't saying that you corrupted your quote I was saying that your teachings are corrupted

The trinity and incarnation are Christian Doctrines in-fact to be more precise they are Catholic doctrines which is why I don't understand why you don't embrace the Catholic Church.

I don't think even WJ is a member of The Catholic Church how is it you take their doctrines and deny them?

BD

The Catholics have many doctrines that “True Christianity” embrace, for instance his “death, burial and resurrection”!

Most false religions have some truth, but I haven't found any truth in the Islamic faith!

WJ

So are you Catholic? If Not why not?

BD

I am a Christian according to scriptures. I have been baptised into the Body of Christ the “True Church” by drinking of his Spirit.

I believe in the scriptures as the inspired word of God given to us by the founding Fathers, the Apostles and Prophets who are the foundation of the Church, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone.

Mohammad is not part of that foundation, neither is Allah the God of Christians!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2009,11:47)
    Hi BD,
    Does reliance on the teachings of Scripture rate lower to you than reliance on man made theology?

Muhammad didn't make up Islam it is based on submission to God I'm pretty sure that is what God has always preached though the prophets and Jesus, right?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:01)

bodhitharta said:

Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas.

What a corruption!

bd,
    No corruption occurred. The bold was for emphasis. Corruption would have occurred if I had left out that part of the statement. I was showing Gene that Muslims do not say that Christians (trinitarians)  worship three gods. Btw, did you notice that it says that the Trinity and the incarnation are “Christian” doctrines? In other words, they say your beliefs are true but not “Christian.”

thinker

I wasn't saying that you corrupted your quote I was saying that your teachings are corrupted

The trinity and incarnation are Christian Doctrines in-fact to be more precise they are Catholic doctrines which is why I don't understand why you don't embrace the Catholic Church.

I don't think even WJ is a member of The Catholic Church how is it you take their doctrines and deny them?

BD

The Catholics have many doctrines that “True Christianity” embrace, for instance his “death, burial and resurrection”!

Most false religions have some truth, but I haven't found any truth in the Islamic faith!

WJ

BD

I am a Christian according to scriptures. I have been baptised into the Body of Christ the “True Church” by drinking of his Spirit.

I believe in the scriptures as the inspired word of God given to us by the founding Fathers, the Apostles and Prophets who are the foundation of the Church, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone.

Mohammad is not part of that foundation, neither is Allah the God of Christians!

WJ

Are you a member of the Catholic Church?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,20:03)

bodhitharta said:

What a corruption!

bd,

thinker

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

No I am a member of the “True Church”, the Body of Jesus who is the head of that body!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:05)

bodhitharta said:

What a corruption!

bd,

thinker

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

No I am a member of the “True Church”, the Body of Jesus who is the head of that body!

WJ

Is the Catholic Church part of this “True Church”
    Is Thinker a member of the “True Church”?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,20:08)

bodhitharta said:

What a corruption!

bd,

thinker

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

WJ

BD

No religous organization is part of the Body of Christ. It is a living organism made up of millions of believers all over the world who may or may not go to certain organizations to worship.

The Lord knows them that are his!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:11)

bodhitharta said:

What a corruption!

bd,

thinker

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

WJ

BD

No religous organization is part of the Body of Christ. It is a living organism made up of millions of believers all over the world who may go to certain organizations to worship.

WJ

So they may be Catholics or Mormons or Jehovah's witnessess or Seventh day adventist?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:11)

bodhitharta said:

What a corruption!

bd,

thinker

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

WJ

BD

No religous organization is part of the Body of Christ. It is a living organism made up of millions of believers all over the world who may or may not go to certain organizations to worship.

WJ

You and the Pope are both in the same Body of Christ, right?

Hi BD

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,20:18)

I do not know about the Pope! But I do know by your confession that you are not!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:21)
    Hi BD

I do not know! But I do know by your confession that you are not!

WJ

What do you mean you do not know, he's the Pope!

He speaks for the entire Body of Christ.

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,20:23)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:25)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

He does! He is the Pope don't you honor him?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,20:30)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

No! Just like I do not honor Mohammad!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,12:38)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

WJ

Why don't you like the Pope? How about Mormons are they part of the “true chuch”?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,20:56)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

WJ

Why don't you like the Pope? How about Mormons are they part of the “true chuch”?

BD

Again, no manmade organization is part of the Body of Christ.

The Body of Christ is made up of many members, who are believers worldwide!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,13:18)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

But Paul was the one who organized churches. So you reject the teaching of Paul and the organization of the church?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,21:23)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

But Paul was the one who organized churches. So you reject the teaching of Paul and the organization of the church?

BD

Paul never claimed that “a local gathering” was a member of his body!

Individual members are part of his body.

Not everyone that goes to a “church” gathering are part of that Body.

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,13:28)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

It wasn't simply a local gathering he organized them, Paul was the first in the bible to use the term “Bishop”

Philippians 1
    1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

1 Corinthians 11 (King James Version)

34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

1 Corinthians 16
    1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Titus 1:4-6 (King James Version)

4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:

Paul is even the one who started calling himself Father just like priests do today.

Matthew 23 (King James Version)

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

So Jesus wouldn't approve of this move by Paul.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Paul started the ordination process in which he set men over others even though Jesus said

Mark 10
    42 And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,

Now did you know Islam has no bishops or authoritive figures all are brethren and are equal in worship. In other words Islam works the way Jesus told Christians to function. There are no priests or for that matter even ministers at a Mosque there is only a prayer leader and caretaker of the Mosque.

Paul has created something not described by Jesus.

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,22:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 28 2009,13:28)

Hi BD

WJ

BD

Says who?

WJ

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

BD

WJ

It wasn't simply a local gathering he organized them, Paul was the first in the bible to use the term “Bishop”

Philippians 1
    1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

1 Corinthians 11 (King James Version)

34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

1 Corinthians 16
    1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Titus 1:4-6 (King James Version)

4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:

Paul is even the one who started calling himself Father just like priests do today.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

So Jesus wouldn't approve of this move by Paul.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Paul started the ordination process in which he set men over others even though Jesus said

Mark 10
    42 And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,

Now did you know Islam has no bishops or authoritive figures all are brethren and are equal in worship. In other words Islam works the way Jesus told Christians to function. There are no priests or for that matter even ministers at a Mosque there is only a prayer leader and caretaker of the Mosque.

Paul has created something not described by Jesus.

Hi BD

No you have created something not described by Jesus.

Jesus was speaking of an attitude of the heart of being a servant to others of which a true leader will be and not like the demands of Mohammad who lorded over Muslims.

Jesus knowing he was their Lord and Master washed the disciple’s feet and told them to follow that example, but does that mean that Jesus was still not Lord and Master or that there would not be leaders in the Church? Your lack of proper use of the scriptures is betraying you.

Thanks again for confirming that you are not a NT Christian, for you have once again shown your disdain for the NT scriptures by denying two thirds of them as being inspired by God.

Paul's revelation came directly from Jesus and his writings are also confirmed by Peter, (1 of the 12 eye witnesses of Jesus), as being the Word of God.

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; “even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, WHICH THEY THAT ARE UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE WREST, AS THEY DO ALSO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION”. 2 Peter 3:16

Jesus said to Peter “feed my sheep”, so then Peter had the commission to take care of the flock of God under Jesus.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which “the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, (episkopos)” to feed the church of God, “WHICH HE HATH PURCHASE
    D WITH HIS OWN BLOOD
    Acts. 20:28

Strong's G1985 – episkopos which means;

1) an overseer

a) a man charged with the duty of seeing that things to be done by others are done rightly, any curator, guardian or superintendent

b) the superintendent, elder, or overseer of a Christian church

This is the same word Paul used for “Bishop” in the KJV!

For a bishop (episkopos) must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Tts 1:7

Other translations render it overseer.

Notice also that Acts 20:28 says that God himself purchased the church with his own blood.

So now you also have to throw the book of Acts out because the Church was purchased by his own Blood!

The Holy Spirit gave the command to set in Bishops (overseers) BD.

You have denied two thirds of the NT by denying the words of Paul given to him by direct revelation from Jesus.

Also you deny the words of Jesus given to Peter to “feed his sheep”.

Let that be a witness to you that “Islam” is anti-christ and has adopted a Jesus that is not of the Christian scriptures.

I pray God will open your eyes to the truths of the Holy Scriptures and the lies of the Koran.

WJ

Hi BD

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,22:38)
    Now did you know Islam has no bishops or authoritive figures all are brethren and are equal in worship.

Really? Then who was Mohammad, and Sadaam Husein, and Osama Bin Laden?

Shall I go on?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account