Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,761 through 2,780 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

But there is Lk 11.13

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

If Jesus is the anointed one of God why do you not listen to him and obey him?

He deals to those who are ashamed of him and his teachings[lk 9.26]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You must be alarmed that your esteemed leader wanted to kill Christ.

You must know that he is not of God

bodhitharta
    Participant

Did Jesus teach crucifixion as a means to salvation?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Nick

What exactly did Jesus personally teach?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Having been the expert you now proclaim your ignorance?

We follow him into his death and resurrection[rom6]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Nick

Hi BD,

Having been the expert you now proclaim your ignorance?

We follow him into his death and resurrection[rom6]

I didn’t ask you what Paul taught you about Jesus I asked what did Jesus preach?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Did you not know Jesus spoke through Paul?

“It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me.”

There is no division in Christ

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus told the Eleven to teach all nations to observe all things he taught them (Matthew 28:16-20) and Peter was doing just that when he instructed those that believed to be immersed and told them that as a result they would receive the promise of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:33).

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God will give the Holy Spirit to those that ask provided they also seek and knock (Matthew 7:7-8). If you fail to seek it or take opportunity when it knocks then you really do not want it.

Ananias asked Paul why he tarried (Acts 22:16) and the Eunuch was eager to be immersed (Acts 8:36)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Indeed.

But the Holy Spirit was USUALLY given through the laying on of hands[acts 8]

kerwin
    Participant

bodhitharta,

Thank you for the compliment. I am what I am by the grace of God, he is great and loving.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Kerwin

You are on fire with the Holy Spirit today….How uplifting.

bodhitharta
    Participant

bodhitharta,

Thank you for the compliment. I am what I am by the grace of God, he is great and loving.

and so are you!

Psalm 34:19
    Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 37:16
    A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The only teaching I know is Peter’s words on Pentecost. He told those believers to be immersed in water and they would receive the promise of the Holy Spirit. I am convinced his words are true.

Given his words are true then these people of Samaria also received the promise of the Holy Spirit when they were immersed but nerveless they lacked receiving the Holy Spirit. To me that means the Holy Spirit can be received two times though for a different reason in each case. In the case where it was received by the laying on of Hand the magician Simon desired to do the same. He was a performer so I believe he wanted to give the Holy Spirit in its role of gift giver in order to bring glory unto himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You think it is automatic?

Any scriptural evidence?

Ed J
    Participant

How can anti-son equal anti-christ? Does son equal Christ now?

Hi BD,

It does in relation to YHVH

“And because ye (Christians) are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba,
    Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
    Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.” (Galatians 4:6-8)

B’shem
    YHVH

Ed J
    Participant

I use to be upset when I would come across someone like EDJ or Carmel or Wakeup but they are trying very hard to make sense of it all.

Thank you BD,

Glad you are beginning to see the depth of my study into God’s word!

B’shem
    YHVH

Ed J
    Participant

Nick,

God will give the Holy Spirit to those that ask provided they also seek and knock (Matthew 7:7-8). If you fail to seek it or take opportunity when it knocks then you really do not want it.

Hi Kerwin

You are on fire with the Holy Spirit today….How uplifting.

Hi BD,

You cannot enter God’s Kingdom (Pentecost) by some other way, you must go through the door –
    God has provided Christ for us (The Passover) as the door. Muhammad is a thief and a robber.

Jesus said:
    “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold,
    but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1)

B’shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi EDJ

John 10:7-8

7 Jesus therefore said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that came before me

are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

It doesn’t say anything about coming after him but it does say:

John 9:5
    As long as I am in the world, I am [the] light of the world.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,761 through 2,780 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account