Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2013,12:17)

Quote (Ed J @ June 19 2013,12:08)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2013,11:43)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,14:13)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 18 2013,10:35)

Quote (2besee @ June 17 2013,21:42)
    Bod,
    Scripture tells us that Jesus is the Son of God, and eternal life is to know him and to know the Father. It is a learning process, with so many problems, and the times are getting hard spiritually as I am certain Muslims would agree. But, there is only one door, and that is Jesus Christ.

When you sa that Jesus is the only door how is it you do not understand that the same thing would go for Moses and the prophets or do you think that you can accept Jesus in your life and reject Moses and the prophets?

Ephesians 2:20
    built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Do you think you throwing away the foundation the house will stand, No it won't. Jesus is the cornerstone so that door doesn't stand by itself you have to believe in ALL the prophets an if you do not then as Jesus says:

Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Yet you say that Jesus is the only door and yet you forget the one who sent him. Jesus clearly says NOT EVERYONE who says unto HIM “Lord'Lord””

But in reference to the one who sent him the scriptures say:

Acts 2:21
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hi BD,

Muhammad is the false prophet of Rev.13:11; him we *DON'T* have to listen to.

Ed

1 John 5:1
    ]B]Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God[/B]: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

islamists don't believe Jesus is born of God. now do they?

You don't know what the term means but the Bible says that anyone who believes that Jesus is Christ is born of God

Boditharta.

Satan believes in the Son of God also?
    And so do the Mormons;and Jw's; and the Roman church; and Muslems.

wakeup.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2013,12:01)

Quote (Colter @ June 18 2013,22:27)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,14:21)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 18 2013,12:19)

The people were saying or thinking he was one of the prophets of old. To say the son of the living God is not to say he was not a prophet and you keep saying “mere Prophet” as thre is such a thing as a “mere Prophet”

Hi BD,

I believe the point Colter is making is:
    Jesus as owner of the house is above the servants of the house.

Ed

Hi Ed,

That’s a good way of putting it, but BD is not allowed to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, in militant Islam that is the ONE unforgivable sin:

“In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: “Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every—one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things.”
    —Quran sura 5

Centuries after Jesus left this new militant religion of Islam evolved to fill a void among the Semitic tribes or cousins of the ancient Hebrews. While it's really difficult for anyone to deny the heart felt words of Jesus, the people who created Islam lacked faith or belief in the entire story so they adopted what they did believe to build their new religion with.

BD would be in danger of being killed by Islamist if he became a disciple of Jesus The Christ. So at best we will only get half truths from him. Swats at gnats but swallows camels.

Colter

Once again you know little I am a direct follower of Jesus Christ. He submitted himself to God and God saved him from the cross as God promised:

Psalm 91

King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Do YOU BELIEVE?

You are a follower of Islam’s version of Jesus which ignores many of Jesus' direct statements about himself.

Colter

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 19 2013,12:37)

Quote (Ed J @ June 19 2013,12:08)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2013,11:43)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,14:13)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 18 2013,10:35)

Quote (2besee @ June 17 2013,21:42)
    Bod,
    Scripture tells us that Jesus is the Son of God, and eternal life is to know him and to know the Father. It is a learning process, with so many problems, and the times are getting hard spiritually as I am certain Muslims would agree. But, there is only one door, and that is Jesus Christ.

When you sa that Jesus is the only door how is it you do not understand that the same thing would go for Moses and the prophets or do you think that you can accept Jesus in your life and reject Moses and the prophets?

Ephesians 2:20
    built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Do you think you throwing away the foundation the house will stand, No it won't. Jesus is the cornerstone so that door doesn't stand by itself you have to believe in ALL the prophets an if you do not then as Jesus says:

Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Yet you say that Jesus is the only door and yet you forget the one who sent him. Jesus clearly says NOT EVERYONE who says unto HIM “Lord'Lord””

But in reference to the one who sent him the scriptures say:

Acts 2:21
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hi BD,

Muhammad is the false prophet of Rev.13:11; him we *DON'T* have to listen to.

Ed

]B]Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God[/B]: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

islamists don't believe Jesus is born of God. now do they?

You don't know what the term means but the Bible says that anyone who believes that Jesus is Christ is born of God

No it doesn't.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: …..

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 19 2013,22:04)
    Bod, I am sorry, been a bit distracted lately and will reply to your posts soon.

God bless you, take your time. :)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ June 20 2013,06:53)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2013,12:01)

Quote (Colter @ June 18 2013,22:27)

Quote (Ed J @ June 18 2013,14:21)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 18 2013,12:19)

The people were saying or thinking he was one of the prophets of old. To say the son of the living God is not to say he was not a prophet and you keep saying “mere Prophet” as thre is such a thing as a “mere Prophet”

Hi BD,

I believe the point Colter is making is:
    Jesus as owner of the house is above the servants of the house.

Ed

Hi Ed,

That’s a good way of putting it, but BD is not allowed to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, in militant Islam that is the ONE unforgivable sin:

“In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: “Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every—one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things.”
    —Quran sura 5

Centuries after Jesus left this new militant religion of Islam evolved to fill a void among the Semitic tribes or cousins of the ancient Hebrews. While it's really difficult for anyone to deny the heart felt words of Jesus, the people who created Islam lacked faith or belief in the entire story so they adopted what they did believe to build their new religion with.

BD would be in danger of being killed by Islamist if he became a disciple of Jesus The Christ. So at best we will only get half truths from him. Swats at gnats but swallows camels.

Colter

Once again you know little I am a direct follower of Jesus Christ. He submitted himself to God and God saved him from the cross as God promised:

Psalm 91

King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Do YOU BELIEVE?

You are a follower of Islam’s version of Jesus which ignores many of Jesus' direct statements about himself.

Colter

Just to let you know I have been a Christian for 2 decades before practicing Islam, I have studied Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness and most other Christian offshoots including UB I am not actually antagonistic towards any of them but I do consider many missing the current mark.

For instance for the UB to be so voluminous and completely
    seem blank in regards to Islam is a very profound proof of its errancy.

In Fact the UB is not even very in depth regarding Judaism it is a Christian centered perspective which means the authors were not well versed in the basic scriptures that precede christian thought.

Spock
    Participant

Just to let you know I have been a Christian for 2 decades before practicing Islam, I have studied Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness and most other Christian offshoots including UB I am not actually antagonistic towards any of them but I do consider many missing the current mark.

In Fact the UB is not even very in depth regarding Judaism it is a Christian centered perspective which means the authors were not well versed in the basic scriptures that precede christian thought.

If you had really read the UB then you would know that the Hebrew history in the OT books is an exaggerated fabrication which lead to the national egotism of the Jews. During the Babylonian captivity all the OT books were rewritten, they converted ordinary secular history into a miraculous history then destroyed all the existing history books that they could find, that's why there are none except, naturally, the OT books.

The national egotism of the Jews and an ill-conceived concept of a material Messiah leading a material kingdom instead of a spiritual Messiah in a spiritual kingdom, all this lead to the near wholesale rejection of Jesus because frankly, he wasn't the Jewish Messiah. Jesus never could fit the expectations of the Jews because those expectations were wrong.

So any religion(s) based on the faulty foundations of the Hebrew fabrications will either need to reformed or die out in the shadow of advanced truth.

Islam with its militant, violent, barbaric ways, is setting itself up for an awful showdown with the secular nations.

Islam evolved around the faulty foundations of Judaism and lacks faith in the truth in the fundamentals of Christianity, the Son incarnate.

Colter

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ June 20 2013,21:36)

If you had really read the UB then you would know that the Hebrew history in the OT books is an exaggerated fabrication which lead to the national egotism of the Jews. During the Babylonian captivity all the OT books were rewritten, they converted ordinary secular history into a miraculous history then destroyed all the existing history books that they could find, that's why there are none except, naturally, the OT books.

The national egotism of the Jews and an ill-conceived concept of a material Messiah leading a material kingdom instead of a spiritual Messiah in a spiritual kingdom, all this lead to the near wholesale rejection of Jesus because frankly, he wasn't the Jewish Messiah. Jesus never could fit the expectations of the Jews because those expectations were wrong.

So any religion(s) based on the faulty foundations of the Hebrew fabrications will either need to reformed or die out in the shadow of advanced truth.  

Islam with its militant, violent, barbaric ways, is setting itself up for an awful showdown with the secular nations.

Islam evolved around the faulty foundations of Judaism and lacks faith in the truth in the fundamentals of Christianity, the Son incarnate.

Colter

Th Quran tells us about The Jews changing some wording but they did not change most of the facts such as what Moses did and the Prophet.

O people of the Scripture (jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and pass over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allah a light (Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and a plain book (this Qur'an).

( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #15)

So, because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them. But forgive them and overlook (their misdeeds). Verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (good-doers – See V.2:112).

( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #13)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 20 2013,18:13)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Taking portions of Scripture “OUT OF CONTEXT” can actually change the meaning
    of what is being said. Let me give you an example, because you will no doubt resist…

“there is no God; I know not any” (Isa 44:8)

In this segment AS WELL AS YOURS you are actually changing the meaning of what is being said.

What the Apostle John is “ACTUALLY” saying is:
    “YOU CANNOT be born of God WITHOUT BELIEVING THE JESUS IS THE CHRIST.”

Hope this helps
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Go back and re-read it *IN* context…

“21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
     22: Abstain from all appearance of evil.” (1Thess 5:21-22)
    1Thess 5:22 applies directly to YOU, I hope you will heed the warning!

Witness

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2013,12:27)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

of what is being said. Let me give you an example, because you will no doubt resist…

In this segment AS WELL AS YOURS you are actually changing the meaning of what is being said.

Hope this helps
    Ed J

Isaiah 44:8

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid:
    have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it?
    ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there a God beside me?
    yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Why did you not put the whole verse there?

bodhitharta
    Participant

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

Yes and all Muslims believe Jesus is The Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 21 2013,13:52)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

Muslims are 'antichrist' because they DENY the father and the son. (see 1John 2:22)

Same Author

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 21 2013,13:51)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

To illustrate why pulling things out of context LIKE YOU DID is a misrepresentation of truth.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2013,14:02)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

Muslims are 'antichrist' because they DENY the father and the son.  (see 1John 2:22)

Same Author

You are not understanding what you reading the context and content i not about the terms father and son, that would not make sense it is talking about God and HIS Christ, do you agree?

ALL MUSLIMS believe in GOD and HIS Christ JESUS the term Father and Son can not hold any weight here otherwise it coul be any “son of God” but not other Christs of God.

Ed, Who is the son of God? Who is not the son of God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2013,14:02)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

Muslims are 'antichrist' because they DENY the father and the son.  (see 1John 2:22)

Same Author

Yu cannot be Anti-Christ believing that Jesus is Christ just as you cannot be an atheist believing that there is a God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2013,14:04)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

To illustrate why pulling things out of context LIKE YOU DID is a misrepresentation of truth.

So you do believe that there is ONE GOD ALONE and NONE else besides HIM?

I thought you believed that Jesus was God as well or part of some sort of Godhood/Godship this verse clearly states THERE IS NO OTHER.

This is ISLAM: THERE IS NO god but GOD

2besee
    Participant

Bod thank you. I have your posts saved and so will reply soon.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

Do you believe that Jesus' Father is “GOD”
    and that there is no other “God” but he?

(Please-answer the above: “Yes” or “No”)

If your answer is “Yes”:
            The bible calls this belief “Eternal Life”.      
            (see John 17:3, Matt.1:18, Matt.1:20 and Luke 1:35)

If your answer is “No”:
            The Bible teaches there's No forgiveness for rejecting the HolySpirit.
            Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
         but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
         shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

“Ed” (Witness)

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 22 2013,13:07)

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2013,14:04)

No it doesn't.

Hi BD,

Hope this helps
    Ed J

So you do believe that there is ONE GOD ALONE and NONE else besides HIM?

I thought you believed that Jesus was God as well or part of some sort of Godhood/Godship this verse clearly states THERE IS NO OTHER.

This is ISLAM: THERE IS NO god but GOD

Boditharta.

Attention please:
    Any religion can *SAY* that Jesus is born of God.
    *BUT THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING*.

1.If true; Why dont Muslim pray *through Jesus*? (proven true)).

2.Why through mohamad? (proven true).

3.Why dont they call upon the name Jesus through their loudspeakers, on top of their towers? (proven true).

4.Why is mohamad;that was *NOT* born BY THE WILL OF GOD; *MORE IMPORTANT* than Jesus; who is born of GOD?
    (Proven true).

IF ONE BLASPHEME THE NAME JESUS;NO MUSLEM WILL RIOT.(proven true). BUT IF ONE BLASPHEME MOHAMAD; THE MUSLEMS ARE READY TO KILL.(proven true).

5. WHY IS MOHAMAD THE FOCUS OF ISLAM?
    All prayers go through mohamad.(proven true).

6. WHY IS THE *FIRST AND THE LAST*;THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA,PUT IN SECOND IN PLACE? (proven true).

7.WHAT DOES THE *FIRST* AND THE *LAST* MEAN TO YOU?
    DOESNT IT MEAN WHAT IT SAYS? *HE IS THE LAST*.

*JESUS IS* *THE LAST*;AND MUSLIM, ISLAM MADE MOHAMAD THE LAST.

*THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING*.
    Please comment.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Wakeup, that is good and true what you wrote, but Muslims do not pray THROUGH Mohammad.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account