Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 07 2013,20:27)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 07 2013,07:46)
    That's funny t8 because the bible says the angels are the sons of God, and many are the sons of God in th Bible yet you will then say “not the same with Jesus” so I ask you are angels the sons of God Literally? Or any of the other sons of God? in fact are we all gods as it says in scripture? v

Yes the angels are called the sons of God and yes we are the sons of God too. And we will be like the angels.

But Jesus is the son of God. What is the difference?

He is the prototype son. We will be like him.

Just as Jesus is like God, we will be like Jesus.

You see, he came from God, while creation is made by God through him. He did not come through anyone except his God. This makes him one rung up the ladder from us so to speak.

God> Christ > Man > Creation

The head of Christ is God and the head of the man is Christ.

T8

I simply asked you: were all the instances where people or angels are called the “son of God” literal?

Can you show me where in the scriptures there is a difference between literal son and metaphorical son?

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 08 2013,16:40)

Quote (2besee @ June 07 2013,17:21)
    Hi Bod,
    The difference in Jesus and us is that Jesus was the only sinless man, the only one who overcome.

Hold up now, That was not the question. I said were the ANGELS also the sons of GOD and were everyone else called the son of God “The son of God”?

Bod,
    Yes, they were/are sons of God by either creation or adoption.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 08 2013,12:52)
    Hi Ed.
    To be sinless is an ongoing lesson, and we should be moving forward in our attempt rather than going backwards.
    Much to say but not enough time right now!

Hi 2Besee,

Are you suggesting there is no finish line for you?

Ed J

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 08 2013,14:43)

That's funny t8 because the bible says the angels are the sons of God, and many are the sons of God in th Bible yet you will then say “not the same with Jesus” so I ask you are angels the sons of God Literally? Or any of the other sons of God? in fact are we all gods as it says in scripture? v

Yes the angels are called the sons of God and yes we are the sons of God too. And we will be like the angels.

You see, he came from God, while creation is made by God through him. He did not come through anyone except his God. This makes him one rung up the ladder from us so to speak.

T8

I simply asked you: were all the instances where people or angels are called the “son of God” literal?

Can you show me where in the scriptures there is a difference between literal son and metaphorical son?

Bodhitharta.

Wea re all the sons of God,because we are all the creation of God.

But Jesus is **THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD**
    BECAUSE HE WAS BORN, *NOT* BY THE WILL OF THE FLESH,BUT BY THE WILL OF GOD.

WE ARE ALL BORN BY THE WILL OF OUR PARENTS.

No man hath ascended up to heaven,**BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN** ****EVEN THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN****.

Therefore: *No man* knows the Son;* BUT THE FATHER;
    and *no man* knows the Father;*BUT THE SON*

AND *HE* WHOM THE SON WILL REAVEAL HIM.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2013,21:11)

Quote (2besee @ June 08 2013,12:52)
    Hi Ed.
    To be sinless is an ongoing lesson, and we should be moving forward in our attempt rather than going backwards.
    Much to say but not enough time right now!

Hi 2Besee,

Are you suggesting there is no finish line for you?

Ed J

Hi Ed,
    Only some will make it.

2besee
    Participant

Bod,
    Moving ahead a bit (sorry, just writing what came to me)

Jesus was Son of God at birth/conception like Adam was the Son of God, because both Adam and Jesus had no Father of the Flesh.

Jesus was again the Son of God at the river Jordan when the Spirit of the Son (The Holy Spirit) descended upon Him; the anointing.

Jesus was the Son of God again when He was risen up from the dead. This is when He changed.

So, Three times Son of God, the rising from the dead sealed the eternal sonship. Because of His perfection was He three times Son of God – before birth, after water baptism, and after death.

If you want the verses to go with that just ask.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 08 2013,21:17)

T8

Bodhitharta.

No man hath ascended up to heaven,**BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN**  ****EVEN THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN****.

wakeup.

Okay so you say we are all the sons of God because we are all His creation so wouldn't that make demons including Satan the son of God?

By the way the scripture says:

Jeremiah 31:9
    They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Is that true?

Or what would it mean to say?

Psalm 89:27
    Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 09 2013,12:06)

T8

Bodhitharta.

No man hath ascended up to heaven,**BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN**  ****EVEN THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN****.

wakeup.

Okay so you say we are all the sons of God because we are all His creation so wouldn't that make demons including Satan the son of God?

They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

1.Yes; all fallen angels are also the sons of God,for he has created them;But they have gone their own way.
    But you must know the difference between fallen angels and demons.(evil spirits).

Evil spirits are not created by God;they are created by the fallen angels when they defile themselves with flesh,
    In the days of Enoch. Those childrens spirits; was not accepted by Godwhen they died; so they are wondering around as demons,and evil spirits,causing problems to mankind.

2. Yes; israel is is a **nation** created by God,starting with Abraham. And Ephraim is the **tribe** of Joseph.
    Joseph was the first in Egypt starting his family.
    Epraim is the first born tribe. israel is the first born nation.

3.Jer.31:9 Is a prophecy to be fulfilled in the 1000yr kingdom.When Christ rules with a rod of iron.

4.Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy *One of* Israel is our king.
    THIS IS SPEAKING ABOUT JESUS. A PROPHECY TO BE FULFILLED WHEN HIS 1000YR KINGDOM IS FULFILLED

Psalms 89:19 Then thou spakest in vision to *thy holy one*, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
    THIS ALSO IS ABOUT JESUS.

Also I will *make him* my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
    THIS IS ALSO ABOUT JESUS;HE IS THE FISTBORN OF THE DEAD.
    HE WILL BE KINGS OF KINGS.

Colossians 1:18.And he is the head of the body,*the church*
    ****(HIS TRUE CHURCH,NOT JUST ANY CHURCH)****.
    Who is the beginning; the ***first born from the dead***
    that in ***all things he might have preeminence***
    JESUS IS FIRST IN ALL THINGS. HE WAS BROUGHT FORTH
    BEFORE ALL WAS CREATED. IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD. THE WORD WAS BROUGHT FORTH OUT OF GOD.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 09 2013,13:53)

T8

Bodhitharta.

wakeup.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

1.Yes; all fallen angels are also the sons of God,for he has created them;But they have gone their own way.
    But you must know the difference between fallen angels and demons.(evil spirits).

Evil spirits are not created by God;they are created by the fallen angels when they defile themselves with flesh,
    In the days of Enoch. Those childrens spirits; was not accepted by Godwhen they died; so they are wondering around as demons,and evil spirits,causing problems to mankind.

2. Yes; israel is is a **nation** created by God,starting with Abraham. And Ephraim is the **tribe** of Joseph.

3.Jer.31:9 Is a prophecy to be fulfilled in the 1000yr kingdom.When Christ rules with a rod of iron.

4.Psalms 89:18   For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy *One of* Israel is our king.
    THIS IS SPEAKING ABOUT JESUS. A PROPHECY TO BE FULFILLED WHEN HIS 1000YR KINGDOM IS FULFILLED

Psalms 89:19   Then thou spakest in vision to *thy holy one*, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.

BEFORE ALL WAS CREATED. IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD. THE WORD WAS BROUGHT FORTH OUT OF GOD.

wakeup.

So you don't believe that God is the only uncreated being?

bodhitharta
    Participant

T8

Bodhitharta.

wakeup.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

4.Psalms 89:18   For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy *One of* Israel is our king.

Psalms 89:19   Then thou spakest in vision to *thy holy one*, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.

wakeup.

was Jesus raised from the dead before Lazarus? Which was raised from the dead first?

Was Jesus created in the flesh first or was Adam?

The reason I ask these questions are that you may understand that “first” here does not mean the sequence of but pertains to a degree of rank.

Aso you said

Who did Adam come from? the scriptures say he was created directly from God having neither Mother or Father.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 09 2013,02:49)
    Bod,

Jesus was Son of God at birth/conception like Adam was the Son of God, because both Adam and Jesus had no Father of the Flesh.

Jesus was again the Son of God at the river Jordan when the Spirit of the Son (The Holy Spirit) descended upon Him; the anointing.

Jesus was the Son of God again when He was risen up from the dead. This is when He changed.

So, Three times Son of God, the rising from the dead sealed the eternal sonship. Because of His perfection was He three times Son of God – before birth, after water baptism, and after death.

Bod,
    Do you agree with this, or disagree?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 11 2013,11:00)

Bod,

Bod,

I agree with his ever increasing rank and empowerment just like you put it the only difference is whether therm son is literal or not. You seem to believe more like me as it is speaking of a degree or rank not actual family like how we have children on earth.

I am saying that someone can be “like” a son but can never be a literal son because God is not a Male or a female but a PURE SPIRIT and therefore God is beyond being a literal Father or having a literal son because HE transcends such physical realities.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,10:47)

T8

Bodhitharta.

wakeup.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

wakeup.

was Jesus raised from the dead before Lazarus? Which was raised from the dead first?

The reason I ask these questions are that you may understand that “first” here does not mean the sequence of but pertains to a degree of rank.

Aso you said

Who did Adam come from? the scriptures say he was created directly from God having neither Mother or Father.

Biditharta.

Lazarus was not resurrected in spirit.
    He was revived;he lived his life and then died,maybe of old age.

There is a differrence between the two;resurrection, and brought back to life.(revived).

The word of God was brought forth out of God,and given a
    spirit body. He was first. He had glory with God before the world was.He was there first with God.

Adam and all angels, were created by the *word* that came out of God.God spoke; and it came to be.God has given his word a *spirit body*.He also is a being.

Adam was created out of the dust of the earth.

In all things Jesus(the man) has pre-eminence.
    He was brought out of God first;before all things.
    Then he was brought down to earth in human form.
    It was not God that was made flesh;but his word.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 11 2013,12:22)

T8

Bodhitharta.

wakeup.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

wakeup.

Aso you said

Biditharta.

There is a differrence between the two;resurrection, and brought back to life.(revived).

spirit body. He was first. He had glory with God before the world was.He was there first with God.

Adam and all angels, were created by the *word* that came out of God.God spoke; and it came to be.God has given his word a *spirit body*.He also is a being.

wakeup.

A you saying Lazarus arose without a spirit? Was he dead or not? Jesus said plainly “Lazarus is dead”

You say that “Jesus was dead”

Was Jesus dead in a diff
    erent way than lazarus?

You say Jesus was DEAD 3 days, Lazarus was dead for 4 days

Jesus appeared in the flesh and ate and drank and said he was not a spirit. So was Jesus a resurrected Spirit?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,12:35)

T8

Bodhitharta.

wakeup.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

wakeup.

Aso you said

Biditharta.

wakeup.

A you saying Lazarus arose without a spirit? Was he dead or not? Jesus said plainly “Lazarus is dead”

Was Jesus dead in a different way than lazarus?

Jesus appeared in the flesh and ate and drank and said he was not a spirit. So was Jesus a resurrected Spirit?

Boditharta.

1. Lazarus was dead for four days;and Jesus *revived* him back to life;still in his flesh body; *as he was before*.
    He carried on living as normal, and grew old, and died again.

2. Jesus was dead for 3/half days, and God *resurrected* him in *a spirit body*;meaning that he can not die again.
    He now, has a spirit body,like the angels.

3. Lazarus is now still in his grave, waiting for his resurrection, at the coming. And so are we true believers.

4. A spirit body can materialise at any time;with permission.
    Jesus materialised in the flesh,to proof to his disciples that he was really Jesus crucified.

5.The angels that visited Abraham also materialised,and ate and drank.
    God also materialised before Moses;and showed Moses his back.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 11 2013,13:24)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,12:35)

T8

Bodhitharta.

wakeup.

Is that true?

Boditharta.

wakeup.

Aso you said

Biditharta.

In all things Jesus(the m
    an) has pre-eminence.

wakeup.

Was Jesus dead in a different way than lazarus?

Boditharta.

1. Lazarus was dead for four days;and Jesus *revived* him back to life;still in his flesh body; *as he was before*.
    He carried on living as normal, and grew old, and died again.

2. Jesus was dead for 3/half days, and God *resurrected* him in *a spirit body*;meaning that he can not die again.
    He now, has a spirit body,like the angels.

3. Lazarus is now still in his grave, waiting for his resurrection, at the coming. And so are we true believers.

4. A spirit body can materialise at any time;with permission.
    Jesus materialised in the flesh,to proof to his disciples that he was really Jesus crucified.

5.The angels that visited Abraham also materialised,and ate and drank.
    God also materialised before Moses;and showed Moses his back.

wakeup.

Luke 24:39
    Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus declares he is NOT a spirit, is he telling the truth?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Also using buzz words like “revive” and “Materialize” puts you in the same new age boat as colter. Where do you see such language in the scriptures?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,14:00)
    Also using buzz words like “revive” and “Materialize” puts you in the same new age boat as colter. Where do you see such language in the scriptures?

Boditharta.

There is a reason for me to use those words; and that is to make it easier to understand.
    Mabe I should have used words like translated; or taken.
    Some can not understand those words.

Angels can translate into flesh;by permission.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 11 2013,21:30)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,14:00)

Boditharta.

There is a reason for me to use those words; and that is to make it easier to understand.
    Mabe I should have used words like translated; or taken.
    Some can not understand those words.

Angels can translate into flesh;by permission.

wakeup.

Cn you show m this method of translation by permission in the bible?

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 11 2013,14:12)

Quote (2besee @ June 11 2013,11:00)

Bod,

Bod,

I agree with his ever increasing rank and empowerment just like you put it the only difference is whether therm son is literal or not. You seem to believe more like me as it is speaking of a degree or rank not actual family like how we have children on earth.

I am saying that someone can be “like” a son but can never be a literal son because God is not a Male or a female but a PURE SPIRIT and therefore God is beyond being a literal Father or having a literal son because HE transcends such physical realities.

Bod, I agree. Take it a step further:

“Flesh gives birth to flesh, and spirit gives birth to spirit”.

How do we define the word “flesh”in the above context?

I believe that it is in regards to anything that is a body which includes human beings, animals, birds, fish, or even planets. This includes the resurrected Jesus. Each has “flesh” (read: body) as according to its kind. Each is limited in it's own way, and each gives birth in its own way to its own kind.

1Cor 15: “God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.”

God is spirit.
    What exactly is spirit?
    And how does “spirit give birth to spirit”?

If spirit gives birth to spirit then that which is born is spirit and would be called a Son of the original spirit (God).

The spirit of the Son is identified in scripture to be the Holy Spirit.

Do you agree and would this not go against what the Quran says (that God does not have a Son)?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account