Islam question for bodhitharta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 11 2010,01:54)

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 11 2010,00:25)
    Where do get that Joseph of Arimathea was Jesus' uncle?

Hi Kejonn,

A body cannot remain on a tree all night…

Deut.21:23: His body shall not remain all night upon the tree,
    but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;)
    that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Legally the body is to be redeem by the next of kin…

Lev.25:49 Either his uncle, or his uncle's son, may redeem him,
    or any that is nigh of kin unto him of his family may redeem him…

Mark 15:43-47 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God,
    came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus. And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead:
    and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead. And when he knew it of the
    centurion, he gave the body to Joseph. And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen,
    and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre. And
    Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses(Jesus brother) beheld where he was laid. (Click here for more)

God bless
    Ed J

Leviticus 25:49 (New International Version)
    49 An uncle or a cousin or any blood relative in his clan may redeem him. Or if he prospers, he may redeem himself.

Obviously this has nothing to do with claiming a deceased body.

shimmer
    Participant

Ha, that is such a good way to escape what was first being spoke about. What were we speaking about — Oh, that's right, Jesus being crucified as according to the scripture's, or not. As according to the Quran.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 11 2010,13:36)
    Ha, that is such a good way to escape what was first being spoke about. What were we speaking about — Oh, that's right, Jesus being crucified as according to the scripture's, or not. As according to the Quran.

I could understand why you believe that Jesus was crucified, I was taught the same thing but never understood why or really believed it was right but I swallowed it down.

When I learned that God saved Jesus from the cross it confirmed the truth to me what I had felt all along, God saved Jesus just like he saved Moses, Noah, David, Lot , Jonah…

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 11 2010,14:58)
    I could understand why you believe that Jesus was crucified, I was taught the same thing but never understood why or really believed it was right but I swallowed it down.

When I learned that God saved Jesus from the cross it confirmed the truth to me what I had felt all along, God saved Jesus just like he saved Moses, Noah, David, Lot , Jonah…

God did save Jesus, He brought Him back from the dead, the first begotten from the dead.

“Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Which day ?

Acts 26

“Brethren, sons of the family of Abraham, and those among you that fear God, to us has been sent the message of this salvation. For those who live in Jerusalem and their rulers, because they did not recognize him nor understand the utterances of the prophets which are read every sabbath, fulfilled these by condemning him.

Though they could charge him with nothing deserving death, yet they asked Pilate to have him killed. And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a tomb.

But God raised him from the dead; and for many days he appeared to those who came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.

And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm, 'Thou art my Son, today I have begotten thee.' And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he spoke in this way, 'I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.'

Therefore he says also in another psalm, 'Thou wilt not let thy Holy One see corruption.' For David, after he had served the counsel of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid with his fathers, and saw corruption; but he whom God raised up saw no corruption.

Let it be known to you therefore, brethren, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him every one that believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses. Beware, therefore, lest there come upon you what is said in the prophets: 'Behold, you scoffers, and wonder, and perish; for I do a deed in your days, a deed you will never believe, if one declares it to you.'”

“1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy, has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, that fades not away, reserved in heaven for you,

————————-

“The first school of thought suggests that the “day” of the begetting is using descriptive terminology from ancient Middle Eastern enthronement ceremonies. While the son of the King was always the King's Son, the coronation day, or day on which the son assumes the control of the royal throne from the father, is said to be the day in which the son is begotten of the father. In this sense it's symbolic of the enthronement”.

“The second view relates theologically to the day in which it was proven — or, perhaps, more accurately, demonstrated — by the resurrection from the dead that the son is shown to be begotten”.

“Neither of these views suggest that there was no eternal begetting, only that there came a day on which the begetting was vested in a specific event that was knowable to men”.[unquote]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 11 2010,21:05)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 11 2010,14:58)

God did save Jesus, He brought Him back from the dead, the first begotten from the dead.

“Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Which day ?

Acts 26

“Brethren, sons of the family of Abraham, and those among you that fear God, to us has been sent the message of this salvation. For those who live in Jerusalem and their rulers, because they did not recognize him nor understand the utterances of the prophets which are read every sabbath, fulfilled these by condemning him.

Though they could charge him with nothing deserving death, yet they asked Pilate to have him killed. And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a tomb.

But God raised him from the dead; and for many days he appeared to those who came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.

And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm, 'Thou art my Son, today I have begotten thee.' And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he spoke in this way, 'I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.'

Therefore he says also in another psalm, 'Thou wilt not let thy Holy One see corruption.' For David, after he had served the counsel of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid with his fathers, and saw corruption; but he whom God raised up saw no corruption.

Let it be known to you therefore, brethren, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him every one that believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses. Beware, therefore, lest there come upon you what is said in the prophets: 'Behold, you scoffers, and wonder, and perish; for I do a deed in your days, a deed you will never believe, if one declares it to you.'”

“1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy, has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, that fades not away, reserved in heaven for you,

————————-

“The first school of thought suggests that the “day” of the begetting is using descriptive terminology from ancient Middle Eastern enthronement ceremonies. While the son of the King was always the King's Son, the coronation day, or day on which the son assumes the control of the royal throne from the father, is said to be the day in which the son is begotten of the father. In this sense it's symbolic of the enthronement”.

“The second view relates theologically to the day in which it was proven — or, perhaps, more accurately, demonstrated — by the resurrection from the dead that the son is shown to be begotten”.

“Neither of these views suggest that there was no eternal begetting, only that there came a day on which the begetting was vested in a specific event that was knowable to men”.[unquote]

Others were already raised from the dead and we know Jesus was Flesh and Bones when he ascended

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 11 2010,22:37)
    Others were already raised from the dead and we know Jesus was Flesh and Bones when he ascended

Sorry, I never answered this question bod, because I don't get it ?

shimmer
    Participant

Not speaking to me bod ? Why ?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 08 2010,20:54)
    Not speaking to me bod ? Why ?

Sure I am, why do you think that?

shimmer
    Participant

Oh, ok, you answered, sorry lol.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 11 2010,12:21)
    Oh, ok, you answered, sorry lol.

God willing, there will never be a time where you are convinced that I do not love you and your family.

shimmer
    Participant

I never saw this, thanks Bod, I love you and your family too,

Stu
    Participant

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world….al-told

“Two men alleged to be part of a plot to blow up a Sydney army base described Australians as “enemies” and “poison”, a court was told.

Wissam Mahmoud Fattal and Nayef El Sayed were recorded saying that Australians were the enemy because they oppressed Muslims, the Victorian Supreme Court was told on Tuesday.”

Islam: the religion of paranoia.

Stuart

shimmer
    Participant

Stuart, did you know that Muslims are awaiting the Mahdi to arrive, do you know what will happen when this Mahdi arrives? If I remember right, he will lead them to make war with all non Muslims. Apparently, the Iranian president says he will be here shortly,

shimmer
    Participant

But I shouldnt be telling you that Stuart because it's just another reason for you to go against religeon, the thing is, true religeon has nothing to do with all these big religeons of the world, trueness is within, the 'temple' is the body, God's people are among everything else in the world. Don't be fooled by what you see sometimes.

Stu
    Participant

shimmer

If a muslim says it's islam, or a christian says it's christianity, why should they not be believed? Is christianity only what you think it is?

Stuart

shimmer
    Participant

Stuart, you like to ask hard questions,

I believe that if you seek the truth it will be revealed, if you pray and ask it will eventualy be shown. Many Muslims have done this and have become Christians.

I believe truth is within, I also believe debating over doctrines is pointless, I believe that true religeon is loving and caring for others, something which is felt from within the heart, Jesus came for the lost and for the sinners,

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 15 2010,22:16)
    Stuart, you like to ask hard questions,

I believe that if you seek the truth it will be revealed, if you pray and ask it will eventualy be shown. Many Muslims have done this and have become Christians.

I believe truth is within, I also believe debating over doctrines is pointless, I believe that true religeon is loving and caring for others, something which is felt from within the heart, Jesus came for the lost and for the sinners,

You said that you believe true religion is loving and caring for others, so only Christians can do that?

Do you think Stu is some cold stone? he doesn't even eat meat so it's more than just fuzzy feelings.

P.S. Many Christians have become Muslims as well was God tricking them into it?

What you don't see is that someone switching from one thing to another may simply increase their FAITH in GOD it's only the denominations that think they have “the Truth”.

I am telling you as long as people keep talking about there being multiple gods it will be very difficult for some to increase their faith at all. There is Only ONE GOD, Hallowed be Thy Name. There can be a million different understandings of God but those are not a million gods

shimmer
    Participant

You said that you believe true religion is loving and caring for others, so only Christians can do that?

OF COURSE NOT, anyone can, but eternal life is something else and only true Christians can spread the message, in truth, to reach out to those ones,

Do you think Stu is some cold stone? he doesn't even eat meat so it's more than just fuzzy feelings

Who said that ? Definatly not me. (Why do you pull people into thing's just to try and prove a point, your good at that) ?
    Stuart (as I said) is a genuine one I believe, searching, and being a vegetarian is wonderful.

They have turned their back on what they knew, which could have given them eternal life in a wondeful place where there is no more sadness, suffering or hurt, something we have never seen, they chose to believe a deception instead, a man who said otherwise, yes, they were tricked.

I am telling you as long as people keep talking about there being multiple gods it will be very difficult for some to increase their faith at all. There is Only ONE GOD, Hallowed be Thy Name. There can be a million different understandings of God but those are not a million gods

“There is no other God except one;  for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth — as there are gods many and lords many —  yet to us is one God, the Father, of whom are the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are the all things, and we through Him;”…1st corinthians 8

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 16 2010,10:21)

OF COURSE NOT, anyone can, but eternal life is something else and only true Christians can spread the message, in truth, to reach out to those ones,

Do you think Stu is some cold stone? he doesn't even eat meat so it's more than just fuzzy feelings

Who said that ? Definatly not me. (Why do you pull people into thing's just to try and prove a point, your good at that) ?
    Stuart (as I said) is a genuine one I believe, searching, and being a vegetarian is wonderful.

They have turned their back on what they knew, which could have given them eternal life in a wondeful place where there is no more sadness, suffering or hurt, something we have never seen, they chose to believe a deception instead, a man who said otherwise, yes, they were tricked.

“There is no other God except one;  for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth — as there are gods many and lords many —  yet to us is one God, the Father, of whom are the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are the all things, and we through Him;”…1st corinthians 8

So Christians that Convert to Islam through prayer to God are tricked by God? That doesn't seem to agree with what you said when you said that TRUE RELIGION is loving and caring for others and then you said “ANYONE can do that” but then you said that TRUE RELIGION and ETERNAL LIFE are totally seperate.

Jesus disagrees. Jesus says that being TRULY RELIGIOUS will give ETERNAL LIFE

He said Love God with all your heart , soul and mind and love your neighbor as you love yourself and that's it!

No mention of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist

He also said Judge not lest ye be Judged, so do you dare Judge? Receive admonishment

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 16 2010,15:57)
    He also said Judge not lest ye be Judged, so do you dare Judge? Receive admonishment

Your right with that bod. But if scripture say's there is only one way, what about saving people ?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account