Islam question for bodhitharta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

9) And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary السلام عليهما) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #156)

(21) And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): “O 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?' ” He will say: “Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen).
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #116)

25 Not an apostle did We send before thee without this inspiration sent by Us to him: that there is no god but I; therefore worship and serve Me.
    26 And they say: “((Allah)) Most Gracious has begotten offspring.” Glory to Him! they are (but) servants raised to honour.
    27 They speak not before He speaks, and they act (in all things) by His Command.
    28 He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they offer no intercession except for those who are acceptable, and they stand in awe and reverence of His (Glory).
    29 If any of them should say, “I am a god besides Him”, such a one We should reward with Hell: thus do We reward those who do wrong.

Chapter #21, Verse #26

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Cobblers.
    Do you enjoy this garbage?

Cato
    Participant

It is not garbage, it is a point to show that Islamic scripture venerates, but does not deify Jesus.  It is an interesting point showing how Islam and Christianity share many theological views, which is only natural considering that the basis of both is the God of Abraham, both arose from the same area of the globe, and the holy scripture of both are based on dubious claims of divine revelation.

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Bodhitarta,

I could never read the Quran (I will explain)

Years ago I couldnt read anything religeous, it didnt sink in for me,  I became brain dead. My spiritual eyes were closed. Then one day, something changed because suddenly I could read the bible clearly and perfectly, and I absorbed every word. It sunk in, It had great meaning, and I can see how God causes some to see. Who were blind.

Yet if I try to read anything else eg the Quran or the Morman bible, Im back to my dopey ,doesnt make sense, jumbled old self. It cant get through. God opens to me what he wants to.

But I thank God for what he has shown me, just exactly what he wanted to. Parts of Christianity, parts of Islam,

When I went to church, it was all about Jesus..where was the Father? Id never known the Father.
    Likewise, with Islam, it is all about God but where is Jesus?

It would be perfect if Islam included Jesus and that is my prayer!  And it would be perfect if Christianity served God not thier own desires, and humbled themself to God and all others.

I havent been into a mosque but I would LOVE to! It is beutifull. God is wondefull!

Blessings to you and your wife,

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 02 2009,23:44)
    Hi Bodhitarta,

I could never read the Quran (I will explain)

Years ago I couldnt read anything religeous, it didnt sink in for me,  I became brain dead. My spiritual eyes were closed. Then one day, something changed because suddenly I could read the bible clearly and perfectly, and I absorbed every word. It sunk in, It had great meaning, and I can see how God causes some to see. Who were blind.

Yet if I try to read anything else eg the Quran or the Morman bible, Im back to my dopey ,doesnt make sense, jumbled old self. It cant get through. God opens to me what he wants to.

But I thank God for what he has shown me, just exactly what he wanted to. Parts of Christianity, parts of Islam,

When I went to church, it was all about Jesus..where was the Father? Id never known the Father.
    Likewise, with Islam, it is all about God but where is Jesus?

It would be perfect if Islam included Jesus and that is my prayer!  And it would be perfect if Christianity served God not thier own desires, and humbled themself to God and all others.

I havent been into a mosque but I would LOVE to! It is beutifull. God is wondefull!

Blessings to you and your wife,

Hi Karmarie!

It seemto me you are just fine having both The Father and The son in the right context. Reading the Quran is then not essential for you as the whole point of it is to worship God Almighty and believe in all those he sent, to believe in The Holy Angels, Judgement, The virgin birth

However, Islam does indeed include Jesus he is mentioned by name more than 26 times, (for comparison) muhammad is only mention about 4 times. The Quran does agree.confirm that Jesus is at the right hand of God in fact, I really knew Jesus more in context to God Almighty. The Quran also talks about Mary and even names a chapter after her it told me things about Mary that I never knew like “her” mother dedicating her to God

Sura #3

35 Behold! a woman of 'Imran said: “O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things.”
    36 When she was delivered, she said: “O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!”- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- “And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.”
    37 Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: “O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?” She said: “From Allah. for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure.”

The fact is, I never knew that Mary's mother had pledged Mary to the service of God. I didn't also know that Jesus spoke as a baby:

Surah 3

42 Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.
    43 “O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down.”
    44 This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Messenger.) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).
    45 Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
    46 “He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous.”
    47 She said: “O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?” He said: “Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
    48 “And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,
    49 “And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): “'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah.s leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah.s leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;
    50 “'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.
    51 “'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'”
    52 When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah.” Said the disciples: “We are Allah.s helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.
    53 “Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger. then write us down among those who bear witness.”
    54 And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
    55 Behold! Allah said: “O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

and as a child Jesus said:

29 But she pointed to the babe. They said: “How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?”
    30 He said: “I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
    31 “And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
    32 “(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
    33 “So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)”!
    34 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

And the angel also said to Mary about Jesus:

16 Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
    17 She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
    18 She said: “I seek refuge from thee to ((Allah)) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah.”
    19 He said: “Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
    20 She said: “How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?”
    21 He said: “So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed.”

My point is Jesus was sent as a Mercy from God Almighty and a Sign. Jesus is very important to me and God was very Merciful to us by sending him to us and that is why we really honour Jesus to The Glory of God and not instead like some put Jesus in place of God or partner him with God.

(5) In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: “Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Ch
    rist the son of Mary, his mother, and all every – one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things.”
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #17)

karmarie
    Participant

Thankyou for that bodhitarta, it is very interesting.

God is good! I find it interesting how both Christians and Muslims both await the coming of the antichrist and in the return of Jesus and the judgment day. Despite the differences! I read how in Islam the antichrist (dajal?) is described as one eyed, and how (correct me if im wrong) they believe it has something to do with freemasons or the pyramid picture with one eye? I also find it interesting how Muslims follow the 10 commandments.

Theres a bible chapter which I was shown one day:

Jeremiah 35
    The Obedient Rechabites

1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, saying, 2 “Go to the house of the Rechabites, speak to them, and bring them into the house of the LORD, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.”

3 Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habazziniah, his brothers and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites, 4 and I brought them into the house of the LORD, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door.

5 Then I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites bowls full of wine, and cups; and I said to them, “Drink wine.”

6 But they said, “We will drink no wine, for Jonadab the son of Rechab, our father, commanded us, saying, ‘You shall drink no wine, you nor your sons, forever. 7 You shall not build a house, sow seed, plant a vineyard, nor have any of these; but all your days you shall dwell in tents, that you may live many days in the land where you are sojourners.’

8 Thus we have obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab, our father, in all that he charged us, to drink no wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons, or our daughters, 9 nor to build ourselves houses to dwell in; nor do we have vineyard, field, or seed. 10 But we have dwelt in tents, and have obeyed and done according to all that Jonadab our father commanded us. 11 But it came to pass, when Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up into the land, that we said, ‘Come, let us go to Jerusalem for fear of the army of the Chaldeans and for fear of the army of the Syrians.’ So we dwell at Jerusalem.”

12 Then came the word of the LORD to Jeremiah, saying, 13 “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Go and tell the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, “Will you not receive instruction to obey My words?” says the LORD. 14 “The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, which he commanded his sons, not to drink wine, are performed; for to this day they drink none, and obey their father’s commandment. But although I have spoken to you, rising early and speaking, you did not obey Me. 15 I have also sent to you all My servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, ‘Turn now everyone from his evil way, amend your doings, and do not go after other gods to serve them; then you will dwell in the land which I have given you and your fathers.’ But you have not inclined your ear, nor obeyed Me.

16 Surely the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them, but this people has not obeyed Me.”’

17 “Therefore thus says the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Behold, I will bring on Judah and on all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the doom that I have pronounced against them; because I have spoken to them but they have not heard, and I have called to them but they have not answered.’”

18 And Jeremiah said to the house of the Rechabites, “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Because you have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts and done according to all that he commanded you, 19 therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: “Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not lack a man to stand before Me forever.”’”

It is like Muslims being obediant to Muhammad their ancestor, they also dont drink wine and are obediant,

blessings
    karmarie

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 03 2009,10:03)

God is good! I find it interesting how both Christians and Muslims both await the coming of the antichrist and in the return of Jesus and the judgment day. Despite the differences! I read how in Islam the antichrist (dajal?) is described as one eyed, and how (correct me if im wrong) they believe it has something to do with freemasons or the pyramid picture with one eye? I also find it interesting how Muslims follow the 10 commandments.

Jeremiah 35
    The Obedient Rechabites

1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, saying, 2 “Go to the house of the Rechabites, speak to them, and bring them into the house of the LORD, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.”

3 Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habazziniah, his brothers and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites, 4 and I brought them into the house of the LORD, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door.

5 Then I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites bowls full of wine, and cups; and I said to them, “Drink wine.”

6 But they said, “We will drink no wine, for Jonadab the son of Rechab, our father, commanded us, saying, ‘You shall drink no wine, you nor your sons, forever. 7 You shall not build a house, sow seed, plant a vineyard, nor have any of these; but all your days you shall dwell in tents, that you may live many days in the land where you are sojourners.’

8 Thus we have obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab, our father, in all that he charged us, to drink no wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons, or our daughters, 9 nor to build ourselves houses to dwell in; nor do we have vineyard, field, or seed. 10 But we have dwelt in tents, and have obeyed and done according to all that Jonadab our father commanded us. 11 But it came to pass, when Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up into the land, that we said, ‘Come, let us go to Jerusalem for fear of the army of the Chaldeans and for fear of the army of the Syrians.’ So we dwell at Jerusalem.”

12 Then came the word of the LORD to Jeremiah, saying, 13 “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Go and tell the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, “Will you not receive instruction to obey My words?” says the LORD. 14 “The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, which he commanded his sons, not to drink wine, are performed; for to this day they drink none, and obey their father’s commandment. But although I have spoken to you, rising early and speaking, you did not obey Me. 15 I have also sent to you all My servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, ‘Turn now everyone from his evil way, amend your doings, and do not go after other gods to serve them; then you will dwell in the land which I have given you and your fathers.’ But you have not inclined your ear, nor obeyed Me.

16 Surely the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them, but this people has not obeyed Me.”’

17 “Therefore thus says the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Behold, I will bring on Judah and on all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the doom that I have pronounced against them; because I have spoken to them but they have not heard, and I have called to them but they have not answered.’”

18 And Jeremiah said to the house of the Rechabites, “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Because you have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts and done according to all that he commanded you, 19 therefore thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: “Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not lack a man to stand before Me forever.”’”

It is like Muslims being obediant to Muhammad their ancestor, they also dont drink wine and are obediant,

blessings
    karmarie

That was INCREDIBLE! I have been reading the Bible for 30 years and somehow I had not seen that story! What a Gem!

God Bless You! Forever! GOD IS GREAT!!! :laugh:

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 03 2009,15:24)

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 03 2009,10:03)

Jeremiah 35
    The Obedient Rechabites

blessings
    karmarie

That was INCREDIBLE! I have been reading the Bible for 30 years and somehow I had not seen that story! What a Gem!

God Bless You! Forever! GOD IS GREAT!!! :laugh:

I don't know if this goes with one of the things you said but it immediately came to my mind

Zechariah 11:16-17 (King James Version)

16For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.

17Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

karmarie
    Participant

That is interesting. About the one eye.

Me and my mum like to have debates on things, and a while back we were debating Islam, and I prayed for a verse, and was given the one above. That was how God showed me things.  I would pray and enter  into an amzing peace and God would give me verses or messages, I havent had any for a while now. The last I had was a warning that hard times were to come. And to be strong. I know God is still there though. That is good! God is there for all who trust in him!

karmarie
    Participant

Oh, by “the one above” I mean The obediant Rechabites!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 04 2009,00:14)
    Oh, by “the one above” I mean The obediant Rechabites!

Oh, I forgot the thing with the pyramid, freemasons and antichrist I hadn't raed or studied much of that because I stick to only what is written in the Quran itself, I don't even study Hadiths.

I study The Bible and The Quran

bodhitharta
    Participant

Any more questions regarding Islam?

shimmer
    Participant

Ah I see, your a Muslim,

Do you have any queries regarding Christianity ?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 03 2010,10:21)

Greetings B…..Are you suggesting that you have answered all the questions and arguments regarding Islam and its doctrinal attributes….If so I feel cheated…only because I have not been able to understand the dogmatic practices and the subsequent belittling of women which is a practice in Islam….Women are equal in Gods eyes however Isalm does not seem to recognize that….

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 04 2010,00:15)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 03 2010,10:21)

Greetings B…..Are you suggesting that you have answered all the questions and arguments regarding Islam and its doctrinal attributes….If so I feel cheated…only because I have not been able to understand the dogmatic practices and the subsequent belittling of women which is a practice in Islam….Women are equal in Gods eyes however Isalm does not seem to recognize that….

Actually Islam

Islam considers a woman to be equal to a man as a human being and as his partner in this life. The truth is in the Quran:

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife (Eve), and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever and All-Watcher over you.” (Al-Nisa 4:1)

When you see an injustice to a woman from a different culture you should not assume this is a practice condoned by their religion. In-fact their are many Christians who allow toddlers to wear make up and leotards for public display in “beauty” peagents for kids which I find that is abusive and certainly not condoned in Christianity and doesn't fit the teaching of being modest.

Women are equal in the eyes of God, however that is not written in the Bible but it is written in the Quran

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
    ( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #71)

Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah. that is the supreme felicity.
    ( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #72)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 03 2010,20:31)
    Ah I see, your a Muslim,

Yes,

Why did Paul see Jesus differently than the “resurrected” Jesus that the disciples had seen?

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 04 2010,02:46)

Ah I see, your a Muslim,

Yes,

Why did Paul see Jesus differently than the “resurrected” Jesus that the disciples had seen?

Bodhitharta glad you asked, forgive me if I have anything wrong, I'm only learning I'm not an expert.

Before coming to earth Jesus was with God, the earth was made through Him,  He came to the earth born of the virgin Mary He humbled Himself as a Man and became one of us, He was crucified died and was risen from the dead, Begotten of the Father and given a position higher than any other, seated at the right hand of God.

How He appears can vary, He appeared to the two Mary's and the 11 disciples as a flesh body before the ascension to Heaven, but one which could appear even though the doors were shut,  To Paul He appeared as a bright light and a voice which spoke.  Peter heard a voice and saw a vision, Stephen saw the Lord in Heaven and John saw and heard in a vision,

So the Lord appeared in may ways,

Bodhitharta, if no-one has ever seen God, then Who was walking and talking with man in the Old Testament, Who could it be but the Word of God, who became Jesus…

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 04 2010,09:59)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 04 2010,02:46)

Ah I see, your a Muslim,

Yes,

Bodhitharta glad you asked, forgive me if I have anything wrong, I'm only learning I'm not an expert.

Before coming to earth Jesus was with God, the earth was made through Him,  He came to the earth born of the virgin Mary He humbled Himself as a Man and became one of us, He was crucified died and was risen from the dead, Begotten of the Father and given a position higher than any other, seated at the right hand of God.

How He appears can vary, He appeared to the two Mary's and the 11 disciples as a flesh body before the ascension to Heaven, but one which could appear even though the doors were shut,  To Paul He appeared as a bright light and a voice which spoke.  Peter heard a voice and saw a vision, Stephen saw the Lord in Heaven and John saw and heard in a vision,

So the Lord appeared in may ways,

Bodhitharta, if no-one has ever seen God, then Who was walking and talking with man in the Old Testament, Who could it be but the Word of God, who became Jesus…

When it says that the doors were shut it doesn't mean Jesus walked through the door it simply means the doors were shut in fear of the Jews, Jesus was already in the room:

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    John 20:18-20

John 20:18-19 (Young's Literal Translation)

18Mary the Magdalene cometh, telling to the disciples that she hath seen the Lord, and [that] these things he said to her.

19It being, therefore, evening, on that day, the first of the sabbaths, and the doors having been shut where the disciples were assembled, through fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and saith to them, `Peace to you;'

Why is it assumed that he appeared miraculously as opposed to him simply coming and standing?

Also if Paul never met Jesus and simply saw a light and heard a voice how could he know it was Jesus and why would Jesus have not informed his disciples about appearing to Paul?

Also, only if you consider Jesus an angel could you say in the past he was the angel of the Lord, is that what you are saying?

shimmer
    Participant

Bodhitharta you have to believe that God raised Him from the dead, whether He came [through a door ceiling or cupboard] or went how and why is not what matters, what does is that God raised Him from the dead, and He will come again to judge the living and the dead. How He appeared is just as was written in the Gospels and has to either be believed or not, I for one believe it.

… could you say in the past he was the angel of the Lord, is that what you are saying?

I do not know, id rather not make assumptions.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 05 2010,08:01)
    Bodhitharta you have to believe that God raised Him from the dead, whether He came [through a door ceiling or cupboard] or went how and why is not what matters, what does is that God raised Him from the dead, and He will come again to judge the living and the dead. How He appeared is just as was written in the Gospels and has to either be believed or not, I for one believe it.

… could you say in the past he was the angel of the Lord, is that what you are saying?

I do not know, id rather not make assumptions.

Remember when Jesus said let the dead bury the dead?

If I say Jesus was raised from the dead meaning God took him up to heaven alive would you understand that?

Why do you think he said that? Think about it:

“Let the dead bury the dead”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account