Is there an infallible bible translation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Have you heard of Gail Riplinger?
    http://www.avpublications.com/avnew/home.html

David, most of what the world has been led to believe has been built on a mountain of lies and deceit. I noticed as I crossed some posts that you may be JW. Tell me it is not so, and if so, all I ask is that you keep an open heart and mind. Since I came to this forum, I have a feeling that Nick may have been the guru. And I have become a threat to him. At least that is the discernment I have in the spirit. I love him and have been praying for him as I have for all on this forum. I come only to do the will of the Lord. Nothing more. I do what he wants me to do. He has revealed so much to me and I am so undeserving. The only reason I can think he has revealed so much to me is because I have no doubt what so ever that he is God Almighty and that he sent his Son to die for me. I believe this with all of my heart and I love him so much for sending his son for such a wretched soul like me.

Anyway David, one of the things that JW teach is that rebirth does not occur until death. If you read my post on a spirit, once dead, reborn, a man must be born again to enter to kingdom of heaven. I pray the Lord open your eyes that you may understand the birth must happen before physical death. That is if you are JW. This I am unsure of. I have debated JW before and the ones who were babes were the ones who were able to see ther truth. Indoctrination is like stone on the heart.

As for what you wrote above, I believe if you read some of her books, her intense studies will help answer your questions on why the KJ is the best translation. Yet, hers is only one of many studies.

Let me ask you this. What is more likely to be closer to the true translation. A book written closer to the time the actual event occurred or a book written centuries later?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Somehow every road for you seems to lead to the KJV.
    Or does it?

How about that. It is the most provable book under the sun. What makes the KJ so wonderful is how each part complements the rest. How each part supports the rest. It is like the church. It has many parts, each making up the whole body. There is no other translation that does this in my opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    How often would you read another version if it is evil in your sight?

david
    Participant

Hi H.

Nope, I haven't heard of Gail.

If you cannot answer any of my questions just say so.
    You are attempting to use false reasoning, to shift things away from you.
    YOU claim that the KJV is infallible. Yet, you didn't really reply to anything I said. If you can't. Fine. It is usually the sad defence of a person in weakness to punch and kick and do anything they can. But it's rather sad.

I have a feeling that Nick may have been the guru. And I have become a threat to him.

Nick is not a guru, and you aren't a threat to him. All it seems you can say is that the KJV is infallible, but I haven't yet heard why. Why?

Anyway David, one of the things that JW teach is that rebirth does not occur until death.

Again, if your only way to defend your Bible is to attack others beliefs, you are truly one most to be pitied. I created a thread called “five common fallacies.” Please glance through it.

I have also asked you about this scripture in the KJ a few times now:
    That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. (Ps 83:18 KJ version)

This is one of the few places that the King James Bible didn't remove and substitue God's name with LORD or GOD.
    My question to you:
    If God's name, the name of the “most high” which was in the Bible 7000 times in the original languages shouldn't be in the Bible, why is it there, at that scripture and a couple others?
    And if it should be in the Bible, why is it replaced with LORD or GOD almost 7000 times?
    Either way to me, it seems a mistake has been made. God inspired the Bible. He inspired His name to be in the Bible 7000 times. But the King James thinks 3 or 4 times would be better.

As for what you wrote above, I believe if you read some of her books, her intense studies will help answer your questions on why the KJ is the best translation.

I would prefer if you could answer my questions. It is you who makes the claim, after all. And if it is so clear to you that the KJ is infallible, the answers should be equally clear, shouldn't they?

david.

Scripture Seeker
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 13 2006,03:03)
    How about that. It is the most provable book under the sun. What makes the KJ so wonderful is how each part complements the rest. How each part supports the rest. It is like the church. It has many parts, each making up the whole body. There is no other translation that does this in my opinion.

Hi Heiscomingintheclouds,

Our Lord did not need the KJV translation, remember the Church was without a fully complied and accepted Bible for the first 400 hundred years and after the Bible was complied it then took another 1000 years for the printing press to be invented.

Our Lord could have easily written the New Testament directly and have multiplied it when he was multiplying the loaves of bread to feed the 5000 thousand!

The Word is Truth I agree but the translators are not the pillar and ground of that truth. I believe the King James Bible is one of the best Bibles it’s close to some of the other earlier Bible translations. I believe you need the word which is truth and also the pillar and ground of that truth if you want to be lead to all truth!  
    This is just what I believe I have been broken by making my own teachings before and time and time again I have been proved wrong, some of these consequences I still have to live with.

Here is an extensive resource on various Bibles and there problems and more!
    http://www.catholicapologetics.net/0002BIBLE.htm

Also here is an extensive resource on the KJV Bible problems etc, over 100 Hundred articles on the KJV alone!

http://www.catholicapologetics.net/0002kjv.htm

No offense intended I hope you learn from the resources and the proof they provide, they have many scans to back up what they say to.

God Bless You

NickHassan
    Participant

4bob

bob
    Participant

I posted in the Biblical Doctrine forum…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 13 2006,01:56)
    Have you heard of Gail Riplinger?
    http://www.avpublications.com/avnew/home.html

David, most of what the world has been led to believe has been built on  a mountain of lies and deceit. I noticed as I crossed some posts that you may be JW. Tell me it is not so, and if so, all I ask is that you keep an open heart and mind. Since I came to this forum, I have a feeling that Nick may have been the guru. And I have become a threat to him. At least that is the discernment I have in the spirit. I love him and have been praying for him as I have for all on this forum. I come only to do the will of the Lord. Nothing more. I do what he wants me to do. He has revealed so much to me and I am so undeserving. The only reason I can think he has revealed so much to me is because I have no doubt what so ever that he is God Almighty and that he sent his Son to die for me.  I believe this with all of my heart and I love him so much for sending his son for such a wretched soul like me.

Anyway David, one of the things that JW teach is that rebirth does not occur until death. If you read my post on a spirit, once dead, reborn, a man must be born again to enter to kingdom of heaven. I pray the Lord open your eyes that you may understand the birth must happen before physical death. That is if you are JW. This I am unsure of. I have debated JW before and  the ones who were babes were the ones who were able to see ther truth. Indoctrination is like stone on the heart.

As for what you wrote above, I believe if you read some of her books, her intense studies will help answer your questions on why the KJ is the best translation. Yet, hers is only one of many studies.

Let me ask you this. What is more likely to be closer to the true translation. A book written closer to the time the actual event occurred or a book  written centuries later?

Hi,
    Yes I have read
    “the new age bible versions”
    by this author.

Initially, when I was more ignorant and less experienced in these matters, I was influenced that perhaps there has been a conspiracy as the book would have us believe. The author compared verses from the KJV to other versions as if to show there had been tampering with truth.
    Of course the manuscripts used by the different versions are the reason for the differences, not the translations. KJV uses the textus receptus, which are the commonest and often the more recent manuscripts, while other bibles are based on other choices.
    So we are not comparing apples with apples. The commonest ones may well be the most corrupt while age is also no guarantee of veracity either.

Kupchuk
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 13 2006,03:03)

Hi heiscoming… I have found the “Concordant Version” the most accurate Bible translation. It is a literal translation, and the translation principles are, in my opinion, very sound. A complete description of these principles can be found by contacting the “Concordant Publishing Concern”. They have a websight..Concordant.org
    Have a look and let me know your opinion.
    Jerry.

david
    Participant

Hi Kupchuk. I just thought you should know that
    Heiscoming has left he building.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 17 2007,08:29)
    Hi Kupchuk.  I just thought you should know that
    Heiscoming has left he building.

You mean kicked out the building, don't you?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account