Is the watchtower society wrong?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    That would not agree with it being created in six days. It seems to me that GOD created the first stage of the heavens and the earth during the first evening of those six days, then He brought light into being and called it day. After that He separated the Light from the darkness and there was evening and morning the first day. Evening came first.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The earth was present when Genesis starts.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    What form was the earth present when Genesis starts. Before Genesis starts it was not present. If you disagree with that then you disagree that creation took six days.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Not so.
    The first verse tells us it was present .
    We should not assume Genesis was the origin of all things.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    We should assume that Genesis is the origin of all things pertaining to THIS REALM at least, in which we live. If there are other realms we are not told of them but maybe they existed beforehand however they would be OTHER realms and NOT this one. IMO In Genesis the earth was not recreated, renewed, regenerated or otherwise…it was created. That is what GOD says.
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The earth was there.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2009,19:40)
    Hi LU,
    The earth was there.

Yes Nick,
    In the beginning the earth was there. The beginning extends through day six of creation as pertaining to the beginning of this earth.

Mark 10:6
    6 “But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE.
    NASU

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The beginning IMO was before Genesis.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2009,21:44)
    Hi LU,
    The beginning IMO was before Genesis.

Hi Nick,
    The beginning of what was before Genesis in your opinion? Please provide your scriptures to support your opinion.

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Was God before Genesis?
    Was the Word with God in the beginning?

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Yes GOD was before Genesis…He always existed and had no beginning, the earth didn't always exist, the “Word” did not always exist. Words have origins.
    You asked “was the Word with God in the beginning?” In the beginning of what Nick? Again, the beginning of “what” was before Genesis in your opinion? And your scriptures to support that are what?

LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    I did not suggest the Word did not have an origin.

But neither do I believe God was ALONE before Genesis which just describes visible creation formed within the bounds of time.

Lightenup
    Participant

So Nick,
    Who was He with and when did He start being with someone?
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    THE BEGINNING is an epoch we were not given much information about.
    But the devil was a liar from then.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2009,23:12)
    Hi LU,
    THE BEGINNING is an epoch we were not given much information about.
    But the devil was a liar from then.

Nick,
    I am confused. Which beginning is an epoch, the beginning that Genesis speaks of as it relates to our realm? Is there another beginning that you are speaking of?
    LU

Cindy
    Participant

Kathi

When you look at Gen. 1:1, and think about it what it says, it is more of a statement rather then describing what was happening.
    Gen. 1:1 says, “in the beginning”.
    Ezekiel says in 28:15, speaking of the creation of Lucifer, “thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created…” and yet John tells us in 8:44, “he was a murderer from the beginning”.
    In John 1:1 we read, “in the beginning was the Word”; we know the word was God's son, whom he later named Jesus.
    There are many scriptures that say “beginning”, the one thing they all tell us is that at one point in time, they began.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lU,
    Surely you do not think Satan suddenly appeared in Genesis as a cunning occupant of the serpent?

Cindy
    Participant

Good point Nick, if you would not have said that, I would have. I believe that John really should be the first book in the Bible. That is when the Word was created. When God recreated the Earth He was with God. Does John not tell us that He made everything. By the power of the Father. Genesis says let us…….
    Peace and Love Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick, Irene and Georg,
    You are rewriting the Bible and adding to it IMO. The Bereans searched SCRIPTURES to see if what was being said was true. If we search scriptures to verify what you say to be true we can not find “re”create, or “became formless and void.” We do find that a day to GOD is but a thousand years so the six days in Genesis may have been six long periods of time. But the first chapter of Genesis speaks of the beginning of THIS earth. Perhaps there are other “earths” in other realms outside of ours but the earth that we exist on began in Genesis and was not recreated in Genesis. The angels were created within the six day period because we are told that all the hosts of heaven and earth were made during those six days. Angels are the host of heaven are they not? Stick with the scriptures. Your teachings of a recreation are not found.
    Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

OK Kathi, I'll leave it at that, I wouldn't want you to say I'm being snotty again.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account