Is the Bible the Word of God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Ramblinrose
    Participant

Nick,

Earlier I said:

How can I come to know YHWH apart from his word?

In my last comment I said:

How else could I know 'of' God if he did not 'speak' the knowledge of himself to us, that others wrote down?

You lose what is being said because you prefer to nitpick at the words being used and alter the direction of the conversation.

Oxy
    Participant

RR I know God partly through the Scriptures, but mostly through a personal relationship. Scriptures are open to interpretation/misinterpretation, but what God says to us isn't.

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 11 2006,03:49)
    Hi RR,
    We are not meant to know of God.
    We are meant to know Him.

Nick,

Paul says in Romans 10:11-17

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord (this is YHWH from Joel 2:32) shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
    So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How can we know of God without first hearing of Him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 11 2006,05:14)
    RR I know God partly through the Scriptures, but mostly through a personal relationship.  Scriptures are open to interpretation/misinterpretation, but what God says to us isn't.

Hi Oxy,
    Do you prefer personal revelation to the written Word of God?
    Rather a dangerous approach.[Coll 2.18, 2Peter 1.20]

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 11 2006,05:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 11 2006,03:49)
    Hi RR,
    We are not meant to know of God.
    We are meant to know Him.

Nick,

Paul says in Romans 10:11-17

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord (this is YHWH from Joel 2:32) shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
    So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How can we know of God without first hearing of Him?

Hi t,
    Certainly the first thing we need on our journey is faith,
    and it comes from the preaching of truth.
    But that is only the beginning
    and we do not enter the kingdom
    except through obedience to that faith
    by being reborn into the Son.

“Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you”

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 11 2006,10:02)
    Hi Oxy,

There have been times in my life when the Lord has told me to do something that was contrary to my understanding of Scripture. When I have expressed my concerns to Him He has always taught me from Scripture, the answers I needed.

The truth is that you can be a Christian without a Bible. That's why we have the Holy Spirit, but having a Bible doesn't make you a Christian.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 11 2006,10:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 11 2006,10:02)
    Hi Oxy,

There have been times in my life when the Lord has told me to do something that was contrary to my understanding of Scripture.  When I have expressed my concerns to Him He has always taught me from Scripture, the answers I needed.

The truth is that you can be a Christian without a Bible.  That's why we have the Holy Spirit, but having a Bible doesn't make you a Christian.

Hi Oxy,
    The blessing of the Holy Spirit is that He does not speak of His own initiative but reminds us of the Words of Jesus.

Oxy
    Participant

That's the danger of calling the Bible the Word of God. The Lord once told me to buy a truck. Find that in the Scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Then how can you explain your willingness to promote a false and unbiblical doctrine without any concerns for the impact on yourself and others? The Holy Spirit will show you what is true about God from the scriptures and not the speculations of men.

Oxy
    Participant

What are you talking about Nick?

Oxy
    Participant

Nick, if I only learned from Scripture I wouldn't have grown spiritually nearly as much as I have. God has taught me many things first by revelation and then confirming them in Scripture. Having said that, there have been many times when He has told me to do something that isn't written in Scripture, such as buying a truck as I mentioned before. Remember that the Bible does not contain everything Jesus said or did. There would not be enough libraries to hold the books that would be needed……

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    A brave walk, but wise?
    If you were walking in the Spirit you would be abiding in the Word of God.
    Trinity is not written.

Oxy
    Participant

I do abide in the Word of God. He lives in me. You should check your Scriptures about the meaning of the Word of God. The Word of God was in the beginning, was born as a baby (Jesus) and will come on the white horse Rev 19:13. Show me if you can where the Bible says that Scripture is to be called the Word of God.

I know trinity isn't written, but neither is truck, but you seem to be ignoring that example.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Do you teach TRUCK as doctrine in the name of Jesus?

Oxy
    Participant

lol I teach the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit. I have a real testimony about that truck (and others) on my page

http://www.all4god.net/trucking.htm

Have a look at some of the conversations I had with God.

Bless ya bro.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Talk to God then about what He thinks of the man made trinity theory.

Oxy
    Participant

I'm starting to wonder if you and I see “trinity” as meaning two different things. I don't have a problem with Father, Son and Holy Spirit all being seperate identities. I use the word trinity simply to acknowledge there are three of them. Perhaps it means something different to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 11 2006,11:37)
    I'm starting to wonder if you and I see “trinity” as meaning two different things.  I don't have a problem with Father, Son and Holy Spirit all being seperate identities.  I use the word trinity simply to acknowledge there are three of them.  Perhaps it means something different to you?

Hi Oxy,
    True.
    Then let me explain what I believe and why the word is an unnecessary word that adds confusion.

There are not three but two.
    The
    Father
    has a
    Son.
    They are distinct beings.
    The Father is spirit.
    His Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

God is in Heaven where Jesus told us to pray to Him and He does all His work through His amazing Spirit which infuses all creation and has properties like to another person but is never separate from God, who is the Father.

That is why to blaspheme the Spirit is more serious that blaspheming the Son as the Spirit is the Spirit of God who is greater than the Son. It is also why to lie to the Spirit is to lie to God.

God filled His obedient Son with His Spirit and the Son baptises us in that Spirit so that the plan of God is fulfilled in that we are one in Christ in Him, and He is in all.
    Hope this helps.

Oxy
    Participant

Ahhh, so THAT's why you don't like 1 John 5:7. So tell me, are there any other Scriptures we should cross out because they don't fit in with your doctrine?

My Bible tells me 2Ti 3:16 ALL Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Methinks if you are going to pick and choose what Scripture you are going to believe and what Scripture you are going to discard, then it is YOU that is on the dangerous path my friend.

Father, please open this brother's eyes to the truth of who You are and set him free from the spirit of deception in Jesus name.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 11 2006,23:05)
    Ahhh, so THAT's why you don't like 1 John 5:7.  So tell me, are there any other Scriptures we should cross out because they don't fit in with your doctrine?

My Bible tells me 2Ti 3:16  ALL Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Methinks if you are going to pick and choose what Scripture you are going to believe and what Scripture you are going to discard, then it is YOU that is on the dangerous path my friend.

Father, please open this brother's eyes to the truth of who You are and set him free from the spirit of deception in Jesus name.

Oxy is the Holy Spirit a seperate person? And if so where does scripture say this?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account