Is the bible crystal-clear enough by itself?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2010,11:22)

CatholicApologist,Feb. wrote:

[quote=942767,Feb. 16 2010,09:54]

[quote=942767,Feb. 16 2010,09:29]

The scripture states that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and so, there is not man that is not fallible.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

And yet you claim that Saint Paul WAS infallible?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 16 2010,09:04)

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 16 2010,08:13)

1 Corinthians 1:10
    Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
    14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. 16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

Thanks igorwulf,

“that you all speak the same thing”

Hmm….

Doesn't sound very Protestant…does it?

Sounds like the apostolic teaching was bound upon the faithful and that they were commanded NOT to deviate from it.

CA,

Igor means that we speak what he personally believes. He has been manipulating the scriptures here ALL DAY LONG.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 16 2010,11:27)

The scripture states that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and so, there is not man that is not fallible.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

Marty cannot be taken seriously here. He denies that Christians are the children of Abraham. He hasn't an ounce of truth in his bones.

thinker

Participant

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

No, I did not say he was infallible. God sent him in his ministry to the gentile nations, and God spoke to humanity through him by His Holy Spirit, and confirmed what he taught by miracles and signs and wonders following.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2010,11:33)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

No, I did not say he was infallible. God sent him in his ministry to the gentile nations, and God spoke to humanity through him by His Holy Spirit, and confirmed what he taught by miracles and signs and wonders following.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

See what I mean? Marty denies that Christians are the children of Abraham which is strictly a Pauline doctrine. His denial that Paul was infallible fits quite well with his heresy.

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 16 2010,11:38)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

See what I mean? Marty denies that Christians are the children of Abraham which is strictly a Pauline doctrine. His denial that Paul was infallible fits quite well with his heresy.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

No, Christians are the children of God, and not of Abraham. Maybe, you will figure it out after awhile if I keep showing you the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 16 2010,07:51)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 16 2010,05:43)
    CA

Group: Members

——————————————————————————–
    Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 15 2010,22:01)
    CA

Why indeed, do we have so many religions, not to mention denominations in the “Christian” churches?

“Why indeed, do we have so many religions, not to mention denominations in the “Christian” churches? “

Because of a heretic by the name of Martin Luther who introduced a diabolical heresy called Sola Scriptura that he couldn't Scripturally support and folks like you can't begin to defend.

I'm not surprised that you're not interested in this thread.  You can't begin to defend your heresy.  And I don't believe you are interested in the Truth.  

if the catholic church is the true church of God ,”  lets eat and drink because tomorrow we die”

i know that church well and i have suffered because of her teaching ,hes history stinks,it is loaded with

crimes that piles up to heaven,to say the least.

18. Each Protestant can theoretically come up with a radically new brand of Christianity if he so chooses. He can start a new denomination. He can declare that historical precedents for doctrines x, y, and z are meaningless and hopelessly corrupt and “unbiblical” and discard them at will (even in extreme cases, doing so with full knowledge that virtually all the Fathers or the entire history of Christianity between Jesus and 1517 held something quite otherwise). No one can deny this is possible because it is precisely what Luther and Calvin, the founders of the very system, themselves did.

CA

Why are these churches called “Protestants”? is it not because they were established in “protest” against the “Roman Catholic Church”? What was it that Martin Luther protested against? did he not make his disagreements known to the world by nailing them on the castle church door?

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

thinker

To all

Gal 3:7   Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.  

Only they which are of faith, are considered children of Abraham. Why? because Abraham is considered the father of all the faithful.
    You could compare that with Americans; George Washington is considered the father of this nation, America; just living in America does not make you an American, you have to become a citizen, then you can consider yourself a child of George Washington.
    In other words, just because you call yourself a Christian, does not make it so, you have to have faith, and what is faith? faith is believing in the word of God. Believing in what you can't see with your eyes.

Georg

And yet you claim that Saint Paul WAS infallible?[/quote]
    Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.

So St. Paul was NOT infallible and yet God gave him the gift of infalliblity when he wrote the words of Scripture that we consider canonical. Right?

So through the gift of the Holy Spirit, St. Paul was given the gift of infalliblity at least for a brief time?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Surely you are not comparing the anointed man Paul with the carnal men in Rome?
    His fruit was good but the fruit of Rome seems rather closer to that of the god of this world.

terraricca
    Participant

CA
    Paul ,we know was worshiping God in the scritures,and pratice what he was preaching,is there a pope who can claim that little,????

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 17 2010,03:43)

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty[/quote]
    Ah, now we're getting somewhere.

So St. Paul was NOT infallible and yet God gave him the gift of infalliblity when he wrote the words of Scripture that we consider canonical.  Right?

So through the gift of the Holy Spirit, St. Paul was given the gift of infalliblity at least for a brief time?

Marty?

terraricca
    Participant

ca

NO ANSWER ????

JustAskin
    Participant

Marty wrote: “No, Christians are the children of God, and not of Abraham.”
    What was the great mystery that God revealed folloing the death and resurrection of Christ?

Was it not that ALL who come to a knowledge of God through Christ would be part of God's holy family – ALL, from every tribe, clan, nation, Jew, Proselyte, Samaritan, of any 'colour', any 'breed', short with hairy armpits, or long streaky beans poles.

If you believe and confess God through Christ then you are a Christian.

igorwulff
    Participant

Marty?

Galatians 3:6-9
    just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[c] 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”[d] 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Galatians 3:26-29
    For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2010,15:22)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

thinker

Hi thethinker:

No, Christians are the children of God, and not of Abraham.  Maybe, you will figure it out after awhile if I keep showing you the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Anathema! Paul explicitly taught that all believers are the children of Abraham. I know now why you deny this because you deny that Paul was infallible.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The sons of God are Abraham's seed. Those who are not Abraham's seed are not the heirs of the promise.

It's no wonder you are not ordained. Your heresies are too severe. Align yourself with the Christian gospel and things could change for you!

thinker

Elizabeth
    Participant

Alright children

Now listen up, to become a child of Abraham is, now pay attention, is NOT MEANT LITTERAL, it is meant in a “spiritual sense”; you got that? you all know what is meant by, SPIRITUAL? it means, not real!!!

Georg

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 18 2010,13:34)
    Alright children

Now listen up, to become a child of Abraham is, now pay attention, is NOT MEANT LITTERAL, it is meant in a “spiritual sense”; you got that? you all know what is meant by, SPIRITUAL? it means, not real!!!

Georg

I'm a spirit. So I'm not real?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 18 2010,02:33)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2010,15:22)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

CA,

thinker

Hi thethinker:

No, Christians are the children of God, and not of Abraham.  Maybe, you will figure it out after awhile if I keep showing you the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Anathema! Paul explicitly taught that all believers are the children of Abraham. I know now why you deny this because you deny that Paul was infallible.

The sons of God are Abraham's seed. Those who are not Abraham's seed are not the heirs of the promise.

It's no wonder you are not ordained. Your heresies are too severe. Align yourself with the Christian gospel and things could change for you!

thinker

Hi TT,
    There is nothing about any strange trinity god in the gospel.
    So why do you preach that and rebuke others?

terraricca
    Participant

ca

IF BECOMING A CHILD OF ABRAHAM IS NOT IN A SPIRITUAL SENSE.
    TELL US HOW YOU WILL BECOM A CHILD OF ABRAHAM ,ABRAHAM IS DEAD FOR 4000 YEARS OR SO ????

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account