Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    Spock
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 17 2012,09:23)

Quote (Colter @ April 17 2012,04:09)

Quote (kerwin @ April 17 2012,08:05)

Quote (Colter @ April 16 2012,16:18)

Quote (kerwin @ April 16 2012,17:36)

Quote (Colter @ April 16 2012,04:35)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,08:14)
    Hi Colter,
    Is your faith in what is written down dependant on men or the Spirit?
    Is the better alternative trust in your own opinions?

My faith is in God just as Jesus taught and practised. I'm already saved.

Colter

Colter;

You have fallen as it is God who judges you; not you.

James 4:9
    King James Version (KJV)

9Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, if you are saved you should already know it. If you are spirit born and dedicated to doing Gods will then you should understand my words. Instead, it sounds as if you are judging me.

Colter

Colter;

A servant of God does not judge their own final fate or that of others; as they are content to allow God, who is just, do the judging.

The goal of a servant of God is to be righteous and holy as God is; being confident if that is truly your goal you will not be found wanting on That Day.

Scripture warns us that the heart of man is deceptive and that there is a way that appears right; but leads to destruction in the end.

I am not telling you that you are doomed to destruction;  I am telling you that you have fallen in hopes you will see it for yourself and change your ways.

What arrogance you have to pass judgment of the hearts and faith life of others. Scripture also warns men of false piety and self righteousness.

God knows full well what is in my heart more so then you presume to know.

Colter

Colter,

You lack knowledge or you would know the proverbs that” by their fruit you will know them” and that “even a child is known by whether their conduct is right”.  I would be a fool not to warn you of the danger of the way you have chosen as then I would take part in it.

Instead I offer you the food and drink that is obtained through Jesus Christ; the food and drink that satisfies those that hunger and thirst to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

In all this my conscious is clear.

You don't even know me yet cast such a wide net.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 17 2012,05:22)

Hi Colter,

Colter

Colter;

King James Version (KJV)

9Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, if you are saved you should already know it. If you are spirit born and dedicated to doing Gods will then you should understand my words. Instead, it sounds as if you are judging me.

Colter

Colter;

A servant of God does not judge their own final fate or that of others; as they are content to allow God, who is just, do the judging.

The goal of a servant of God is to be righteous and holy as God is; being confident if that is truly your goal you will not be found wanting on That Day.

Scripture warns us that the heart of man is deceptive and that there is a way that appears right; but leads to destruction in the end.

I am not telling you that you are doomed to destruction;  I am telling you that you have fallen in hopes you will see it for yourself and change your ways.

What arrogance you have to pass judgment of the hearts and faith life of others. Scripture also warns men of false piety and self righteousness.

Colter

Colter,

You lack knowledge or you would know the proverbs that” by their fruit you will know them” and that “even a child is known by whether their conduct is right”.  I would be a fool not to warn you of the danger of the way you have chosen as then I would take part in it.

Instead I offer you the food and drink that is obtained through Jesus Christ; the food and drink that satisfies those that hunger and thirst to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Colter,

I know you by your works.

I hope that you desire to love as God loves. If so then you will seek truth with all your self and it will be revealed to you.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 17 2012,10:53)

Quote (Colter @ April 17 2012,05:22)

Hi Colter,

Colter

Colter;

King James Version (KJV)

Colter

Colter;

Colter

Colter,

Colter,

I know you by your works.

I hope that you desire to love as God loves.  If so then you will seek truth with all your self and it will be revealed to you.

Been there, doing that.

Thanks

Colter

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,09:32)
    Hi Colter,
    Yes Jesus Christ has the power and authority to save those of faith and to forgive their sin.
    But if they want to stay in fellowship with him they must abide in the teachings.[2jn]

True that, and to abide is to continue to seek and do the will of God as God writes his laws on our hearts, not as a thousand and one sects create new compulsive doctrines, addendum's, amendments, and a few new hoops to jump through.

Colter

Admin
    Keymaster

Kerwin and Colter.

Any chance of doing less quotes.
    It makes the conversation easier to follow.
    When there are too many quotes, the flow of the conversation is lost.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 17 2012,11:33)

Hi Colter,
    Yes Jesus Christ has the power and authority to save those of faith and to forgive their sin.
    But if they want to stay in fellowship with him they must abide in the teachings.[2jn]

True that, and to abide is to continue to seek and do the will of God as God writes his laws on our hearts, not as a thousand and one sects create new compulsive doctrines, addendum's, amendments, and a few new hoops to jump through.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    The new gospels are still appearing but are not relevant
    Thy word is truth

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,19:40)

Hi Colter,

Colter

Hi Colter,
    Thy word is truth

N

some times new gospels are of old ,but your understanding wen it increased it becomes new to you ,but it always was there ,

you just did not see it

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    There is only one gospel.[Gal1]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,19:48)
    Hi T,
    There is only one gospel.[Gal1]

N

I never said there is more than one ,read what i said :D :D

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,12:40)

Hi Colter,

Colter

Hi Colter,
    Thy word is truth

Revelation is ongoing for open minded people who are willing to continue to grow in understanding. The spirit of truth is working anywhere it is welcome, anywhere that any of Gods children seek truth.

Colter

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    Yes there are many spirits.
    test them.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ April 17 2012,06:33)
    Kerwin and Colter.

Any chance of doing less quotes.
    It makes the conversation easier to follow.
    When there are too many quotes, the flow of the conversation is lost.

As you command!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 3
    5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

Paul's statement in 1 Cor 15:50 parallels Jesus' words to Nicodemus here, because Jesus is saying the same thing.  But with this passage, there is no question about the word “inherit” that Paul used, because Jesus said what Paul meant:  ENTER.  Nor should there be any question as to what Paul and Jesus mean by “the kingdom of God”, because it is mentioned as a PLACE that certain ones may ENTER, and it can't be earth (where all men already are).

And there is no argument about whether “flesh and BONE” can enter heaven but “flesh and BLOOD” can't, because Jesus only mentions “flesh”.

And there should be no argument about “spiritual flesh”, because Jesus seems to contrast “flesh” from “spirit” – as does most of scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Is the kingdom of God within you?
    Ihe kingdom exists wherever God and His king are given rule.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No, it's not in me or in anyone else, Nick. The Kingdom of God is in heaven right now. His Kingdom will soon be on earth as well; but for right now, this is Satan's kingdom. We are to be no part of this world for that very reason.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I did wonder.
    Lk 10.9
    lk 16.16
    lk 17.21
    mt 12.28
    mk 1.5

Spock
    Participant

The concept of “the kingdom of God” as taught and exemplified in the fellowship of believers, in the brotherhood of Jesus and his followers was/is a spiritual kingdom. It was a concept familiar to the age; a king and his subjects. It’s God, his will as written on the heart of the sincere believer/follower, and the fellowship of believers.

The concept of the kingdom as Jesus hoped for largely failed, the social institution of the church became a substitute. That is the evil of the church, it replaced the kingdom concept that Jesus established.

The “kingdom of heaven will eventually be preached again.

NOTE: Corresponding with the growth of the spiritual kingdom in this age is the culmination of the eventual dominance of a world wide kingdom, the age of Light and Life. The true gospel of Jesus will eventually subdue the entire earth.

Colter

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    You judge the work of God as a failure?
    my my.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2012,05:25)
    Hi Colter,
    You judge the work of God as a failure?
    my my.

Reading comprehension failure there Nick.

I said the failure of men to stick with the work of God

The problem is you conceder Peter and Paul to be the living word of God. Would you say that Judas was doing Gods work as well?

Colter

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    So the work of God failed because of men?
    Your God is too tiny.

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account