Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Can you not yet grasp the spiritual truths?
    Seek the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 11 2012,05:51)

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2012,19:24)
    In this translation the spirit of a man is called a man…………..

No it's not.  It's saying that the only “one” who knows the inner thoughts of any particular man is the spirit of that man himself.  It is saying that no man truly knows any OTHER man – only that man's spirit knows who he truly is.

Nor does any verse in John 6 say “the spirit of Jesus” came down from heaven.  What it teaches is that Jesus from Nazareth, whose father was a carpenter, and whose brothers and sisters they knew, was telling them that HE came down from heaven.

You and Nick feel free to ADD the words “spirit inside of me” if you think you know better than our Lord himself.  As for me, I'll stick with exactly what Jesus said.

Mike,

You deny the obvious.  It is either a mark of being biased or lacking knowledge.  Test yourself.

King James version clearly states “what man” and then answers the question by stating “save the spirit of man which is in him”.  In answering the question “what man” it is calling a man's spirit man.

It is of no matter as the Greek is not that precise and “who” would better fit that passage when keeping in mind “no one” is a better fit than “no man” in relation to the Spirit of God.

The spirit of man is also called “old man” and “new man”, Romans 6:6, Ephesians 4:22, Colossians 3:9, Ephesians 2:15, Ephesians 4:24, and Colossians 3:10.  It is not in the Greek but it is inferred by the context in Colossians 3:10.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 11 2012,06:56)

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2012,15:25)

Quote (terraricca @ April 10 2012,11:34)

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2012,22:28)

Quote (terraricca @ April 10 2012,09:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,20:43)
    Hi,
    Jesus Christ is still a man because he is a living soul.
    His soul is human from his mother.

N

:D  :D  :D

God does not need human flesh ,she was a surrogate mother and God give her back to her husband or was she ???

wen God use a prophet the prophet does not become any thing else than a prophet a simple carrier of God's words,BUT HE DOES NOT BECOME GOD,

Pierre,

It is written:

Luke 1:31
    King James Version (KJV)

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

What does the word conceive mean to you?

k

Would try to say to me that a surrogate mother does not conceived ???

Pierre,

It is as you say unless it is via artificial insemination because a child is implanted in the woman's womb.  The child is conceived outside of the womb.

K

who is the father of Christ ,????? if it is God then God does not need more of women than to give flesh to his Son ,THE WORD OF GOD,he was already a being ,just not of flesh,

Pierre,

Why does Jesus need a father of the flesh;  Adam has neither father or mother of the flesh.  Eve has a father,(Adam), but no mother.  Don't you believe that God that created them both can cause a woman to conceive without need of a male gamete.  He does it with some animals.

The bottom line is Jesus was conceived in Mary's inward parts.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 11 2012,05:53)

Quote (kerwin @ April 09 2012,23:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2012,09:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2012,10:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2012,23:15)
    Hi MB,
    You say you know what it means but on what basis?

Nick,

Is God a Spirit…………OR…………a human being?

Are angels spirits………….OR………..human beings?

Are you a spirit……………OR……….a human being?

If Jesus BECAME a spirit, as scripture says he did, then he is no longer a human being.

HI MB,
    Your final statement is often based on logic not scriptural truth.
    When are you going to become a man of the book?

Nick,

It is not based on valid logical reason as the conclusion does not follow from the premises.  It is also unsound reasoning as the premise “as scripture says” is not true.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Is that scriptural enough for you guys?

Mike,

It does not say the last Adam is Jesus; but instead calls him Adam. The breath of life is indeed a life given spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You say
    “The spirit of man is also called “old man” and “new man”,

Romans 6:6 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE BODY],
    Ephesians 4:22 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE MIND],
    Colossians 3:9 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT BODY AND MIND]
    , Ephesians 2:15 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE JEWS AND GENTILES]
    , Ephesians 4:24 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE MIND]
    , and Colossians 3:10 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT CHRIST AND HIS BROTHERS].

It is not in the Greek but it is inferred [???] by the context in Colossians 3:10. “

Back to the drawing board.

The spirit of man is not the man[though sometimes souls are called spirits] but what gives the man life Jas 2.26

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2012,21:41)

Hi,

N

God does not need human flesh ,she was a surrogate mother and God give her back to her husband or was she ???

wen God use a prophet the prophet does not become any thing else than a prophet a simple carrier of God's words,BUT HE DOES NOT BECOME GOD,

Pierre,

It is written:

King James Version (KJV)

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

k

Pierre,

It is as you say unless it is via artificial insemination because a child is implanted in the woman's womb.  The child is conceived outside of the womb.

K

who is the father of Christ ,????? if it is God then God does not need more of women than to give flesh to his Son ,THE WORD OF GOD,he was already a being ,just not of flesh,

Pierre,

Why does Jesus need a father of the flesh;  Adam has neither father or mother of the flesh.  Eve has a father,(Adam), but no mother.  Don't you believe that God that created them both can cause a woman to conceive without need of a male gamete.  He does it with some animals.

K

Christ was already the son of God way before all creation By being the first of Gods creation ,

this is why God did not lie when he says he rest on the seventh day ,Christ was just adapted to become as a human and so fulfill Gods and fathers will,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2012,20:59)
    Hi MB,
    Can you not yet grasp the spiritual truths?
    Seek the Spirit.

N

you have been looking for so long and still did not found it and yet many showing it to you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    It is for God to enable you.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2012,22:59)
    Hi T,
    It is for God to enable you.

N

in all Israel ,at the baptism of Jesus ,their was only two man who really knew what was going on on earth ,one was called Jesus and the other one was called John

and GOD show them both to be righteous ,But how would you know ?????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Do you have doubts about either of them?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2012,23:09)
    Hi T,
    Do you have doubts about either of them?

N

that was not the point ,follow your comment s

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 11 2012,15:54)

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2012,21:41)

Hi,

N

Pierre,

It is written:

King James Version (KJV)

k

Pierre,

K

Pierre,

K

Christ was already the son of God way before all creation By being the first of Gods creation ,

this is why God did not lie when he says he rest on the seventh day ,Christ was just adapted to become as a human and so fulfill Gods and fathers will,

Hi T,
    This is another new teaching.
    Where is it from?

terraricca
    Participant

N

Hi T,
    Where is it from?

I can not keeping quoting scriptures you reject ,your heart is loaded with religion crap and dogma unless you reborn again with a true heart you will never see with your heat and so be saved ,

if you go to God with a pure heart I would have to tell you nothing HE WOULD GIVE IT TO YOU and then we would speak the same language ,called,the truth

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

That conclusion is flawed as it does not follow from the premise you have given and contradicts Scripture that states Jesus was conceived in his mother’s inward parts.

this is why God did not lie when he says he rest on the seventh day ,

God rested on the Sabbath, but is still working to this very day.

Christ was already the son of God way before all creation

He was foreknown and predestined.

By being the first of Gods creation ,

That is not written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 11 2012,16:28)
    N

Hi T,
    Where is it from?

I can not keeping quoting scriptures you reject ,your heart is loaded with religion crap and dogma unless you reborn again with a true heart you will never see with your heat and so be saved ,

if you go to God with a pure heart I would have to tell you nothing HE WOULD GIVE IT TO YOU  and then we would speak the same language ,called,the truth

Hi T,
    How do men get a pure enough heart?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2012,10:15)
    Hi KW,
    You say
    “The spirit of man is also called “old man” and “new man”,

Romans 6:6 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE BODY],
    Ephesians 4:22 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE MIND],
    Colossians 3:9 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT BODY AND MIND]
    , Ephesians 2:15 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE JEWS AND GENTILES]
    , Ephesians 4:24 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT THE MIND]
    , and Colossians 3:10 [NOT SO_IN CONTEXT CHRIST AND HIS BROTHERS].  

It is not in the Greek but it is inferred [???] by the context in Colossians 3:10. “

Back to the drawing board.

The spirit of man is not the man[though sometimes souls are called spirits] but what gives the man life Jas 2.26

Nick,

You are misunderstanding the message of Scripture in this matter as you do not understand the idioms of Scripture.  The people of the First Century do not think as we have been brought up to think.  

Examine what is written in verse 10 of 1 Corinthians 2 and you will see that it is not speaking of the soul of God but instead of the spirit God lives by.

1 Corinthians 2:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Now knowing that the conversation is about the spirit God walks by you can see that the spirit of a man spoken of inn verse 11 and which is to a man as God’s spirit is to himself is the spirit the man walks by.

1 Corinthians 2:11
    King James Version (KJV)

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Continue to look into this by seeing that if you replace “man” with spirit in Colossians 3:10 it teaches you that the spirit of a man that a believer walks by is renewed in knowledge after the image of God; which is to say after the spirit God walks by.

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

I can go on to demonstrate that the old man is the spirit, which leads to those walking by it to fall short of the glory of God; but I believe you can see that for yourself as long as you properly understand the language of Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    And the soul of man is often referred to as the spirit of man.

Yes the Spirit of God teaches His children and transforms their minds.
    The Body is also part of THE OLD MAN, the part that is discarded at death

You did not look at the other verses.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,00:11)
    Pierre,

That conclusion is flawed as it does not follow from the premise you have given and contradicts Scripture that states Jesus was conceived in his mother’s inward parts.

That is not written.

K

you bla,bla,bla; please show scriptures that says that what I have said is wrong to scriptures ,

no to your taste

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,01:58)
    Hi KW,
    And the soul of man is often referred to as the spirit of man.

Yes the Spirit of God teaches His children and transforms their minds.
    The Body is also part of THE OLD MAN, the part that is discarded at death

You did not look at the other verses.

N

are those words of Jesus addressed to you ????

Jn 16:5 “Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
    Jn 16:6 Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief.
    Jn 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
    Jn 16:8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
    Jn 16:9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;
    Jn 16:10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;
    Jn 16:11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
    Jn 16:12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
    Jn 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

if not then you can come down from your high chair to the ground

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 11 2012,23:00)

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,00:11)
    Pierre,

That is not written.

K

you bla,bla,bla; please show scriptures that says that what I have said is wrong to scriptures ,

no to your taste

Pierre,

If you cared you would do the work; since you do not do the work; you do not care.  Why should I waste my time on one that does not seek God's righteousness.

If instead you have trouble finding or understanding the related Scriptures then I will do what I can to aid your efforts.  That is not the impression I get from our conversations.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account