Was the Islam Caliphate the seventh kingdom?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY IT IS ROME ,well what power would it be if not Rome ? when the kingdom of God was set up ?(Jesus time)

and as i learned when constantine move himself to constantinople it did not change the head of Rome (parliament ,the senate ,)

My point was it doesn’t say Rome. It says the empire that IS. Which was of course Rome. What I am saying is that its capital moved from Rome to Constantinople. Same empire. But not centred around Rome anymore. We call it the Roman Empire, but there is nothing in scripture that says that the city of Rome will rise up and rule the world in the last days. The Bible didn’t say that Rome was the last empire and Rome would die and rise again.

It said that empire which we call the Roman Empire would be strong as iron, but after the legs are the feet which are partly iron and clay. The feet is the seventh because the legs are the sixth. We now live in a time when we look toward the eighth who is of the seventh. The sixth is well and truly over.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

The feet is the seventh because the legs are the sixth. We now live in a time when we look toward the eighth who is of the seventh. The sixth is well and truly over.

The feet is the seventh

show me this in scriptures ?

the only reason that the legs are of solid iron is because when Rome start out it add no conflict within itself,and was strong killed ,conquered ,but later on the legs strength became feet mix with iron and clay ,;SOMETHING STRONG AND SOMETHING that divided says scriptures ;Da 2:41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others.
    Da 2:41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay.

it only talks about a fourth kingdom not a fifth one ; when he says in verse 41 saw the toes Daniel talks about that same kingdom when he says it is a divided kingdom he talks about the fourth kingdom not a fifth and so on

show me where Daniel says that after the forth their will be a fifth kingdom like he says 1/2/3/4/

I hate speculation against scriptures ;

terraricca
    Participant

if it was the Islamic Ottoman Empire seated where Satan’s throne is.

did the ottoman empire existed in the time that John wrote Revelation NO ,the ottoman empire is dead and the only thing what ISSI is doing is a mere try in conquering what it can in those areas for the american and friends ad started it ,

if ISSIS would really become a danger i believe that the western nation would go and get it out wherever it hides ,

what the islamist want and what they going to get are very two different things ,in my views

terraricca
    Participant

So let’s dig deeper. The Roman Empire during the 1000 year reign of the Byzantine period was conquered by the Arabs. They changed the Roman Empire in that time into an Islamic Caliphate.

Since the 15th century, the Caliphate was claimed by the Turkish Ottoman sultans beginning with Fatih Sultan Mehmed. They gradually came to be viewed as the de facto leaders and representatives of the Islamic world. According to Barthold, the first time the title of “Caliph” was used as a political instead of symbolic religious title by the Ottomans was the peace treaty with Russia in 1774, when the Empire retained moral authority on territory whose sovereignty was ceded to the Russian Empire.
    The outcome of the Russo-Turkish War of 1768–1774 was disastrous for the Ottomans. Large territories, including those with large Muslim populations, such as Crimea, were lost to the Russian Empire. However, the Ottomans under Abdul Hamid I claimed a diplomatic victory by being allowed to remain the religious leaders of Muslims in the now-independent Crimea as part of the peace treaty: in return Russia became the official protector of Christians in Ottoman territory.
    Around 1880 Sultan Abdul Hamid II reasserted the title as a way of countering Russian expansion into Muslim lands. His claim was most fervently accepted by the Muslims of British India. By the eve of World War I, the Ottoman state, despite its weakness relative to Europe, represented the largest and most powerful independent Islamic political entity. The sultan also enjoyed some authority beyond the borders of his shrinking empire as caliph of Muslims in Egypt, India, and Central Asia.
    Abolition of the Caliphate (1924)[edit]

do I have to show that the crusaders hold Jerusalem for almost 3 centuries , their empire was over many deserts ,never could take europe , russia ,

and i believe this as nothing to do with God’s kingdom ,just men regular desires to quest fo what does not belong to them

terraricca
    Participant

t8

satan does not sit in a city but that would mean he as a stronghold of people that are against the truth of God ,like the Jews with Jesus

terraricca
    Participant

t8

Two millennia have passed since John. Learn from history, (hiSTORY). Much prophecy has taken place in these last two God days,

Like what ? except 70 ad ?

terraricca
    Participant

t8

Daniel is focussing in the fourth beast, because that is still ahead of him and we know now that the messiah was born while that beast was reigning. Daniel is looking toward Rome which as we know was a terrible beast that trampled the world around it.

But we do not look toward Rome. We look back at Rome as it is already passed. So our perspective of Rome is with history now.

this is pure speculation ,not scriptural truth ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Terr. Not speculation. He focusses on the fourth beast that is in his future and because it is different to the other beasts. Further, he did not focus on the past empires as they were not the future, and he did not focus on Greece for example. Rome was not only a significant empire, but also the one when our messiah was born. All fact my friend.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Like what ? except 70 ad ?

Well the next head of the beast. The seventh king for example.

Proclaimer
    Participant

t8

satan does not sit in a city but that would mean he as a stronghold of people that are against the truth of God ,like the Jews with Jesus

We are told to listen to what the spirit says to the Churches. In the same book we are told the following:

To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
    These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword.  I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, not even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.

I hear these words Terr. Further, we can see in scripture that there is the Prince of Persia etc. Although not much detail is given, many think that there are principalities and powers over different places in the world.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Since the 15th century, the Caliphate was claimed by the Turkish Ottoman sultans beginning with Fatih Sultan Mehmed. They gradually came to be viewed as the de facto leaders and representatives of the Islamic world.

Unless history is a lie. the Ottoman Empire conquered the Roman Empire. It took over the capital Constantinople and changed the name to Istanbul.

As for Caliphates I scraped this from Wikipedia:

The Arab–Byzantine wars were a series of wars between the mostlyArab Muslims and the East Roman orByzantine Empire between the 7th and 11th centuries AD. Started during the initial Muslim conquestsunder the expansionist Rashidun andUmayyad caliphs in the 7th century and continued by their successors until the mid-11th century.

The eruption of the Arabs from theArab Peninsula in the 630s resulted in the rapid loss of Byzantium’s southern provinces (Syria and Egypt) to the Muslims. Over the next fifty years, under the aggressive Umayyad caliphs, the Muslims would launch repeated raids into still-Byzantine Asia Minor, twice threaten the Byzantine capital,Constantinople, with conquest, and outright conquer the ByzantineExarchate of Africa……..

………………………….

The Muslims also took to the sea, and from the 650s on, the entire Mediterranean Sea became a battleground, with raids and counter-raids being launched against islands and the coastal settlements. Muslim raids reached a peak in the 9th and early 10th centuries, after their conquest of Crete, Malta and Sicily, with their fleets reaching the coasts of France and Dalmatia and even the suburbs of Constantinople.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab%E2%80%93Byzantine_wars

Lots of caliphs Terr. See this map for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab%E2%80%93Byzantine_wars#mediaviewer/File:Map_of_expansion_of_Caliphate.svg

Proclaimer
    Participant

did the ottoman empire existed in the time that John wrote Revelation NO ,the ottoman empire is dead and the only thing what ISSI is doing is a mere try in conquering what it can in those areas for the american and friends ad started it ,

if ISSIS would really become a danger i believe that the western nation would go and get it out wherever it hides ,

what the islamist want and what they going to get are very two different things ,in my views

It didn’t need to exist. There are seven kings, five had fallen, one was in existence at the time (Rome) and one was yet to come. So yes the Ottoman Empire was yet to come. Then we are told that an eighth king will rise and from the seven.

According to this, Rome has to be the sixth kingdom right?

Revelation 17:9-11
    “Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. “The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.…

If Rome is not the sixth king (kingdom) then please explain to me where Rome is in this scripture. Or is it talking about something completely different to you?

Wakeup
    Participant

It does not make sense at all.
    In order for the 7th to become an 8th, there must be a 7th in existence. Hello everyone?
    The presumed(ottoman) 7th died 500 years ago. It is still dead now. How can anything come out of a dead empire?
    Do you really think that we have another 100years for the 8th to become an established empire of the whole world?
    Do you truly believe that the coming will be in another 100years or more.? That is not according to the signs.
    There is no evidence that the 7th is here now. Can you name a muslem EMPIRE in existence today?
    Where does isis originate? Turkey? Name a country and a capitol city if you can. BAGDAD? The priminister is Malakie a shi’at. An empire has a king; a country; a capitol city; an established set of rules and laws.A people with pasports
    stating citizen of that kingdom.

Here is written in scripture you can depend upon it does not lie.

Ezekiel 21:25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, WHEN INIQUITY SHALL HAVE AN END.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Ottoman Empire conquered The Roman Empire. It ruled for 500 or so years and ended in the wake of WWI. That is relatively recent. Existed from 1299 to 1922 (approx). Remember that one of the heads of the beast died, but it comes back. If the Islamic Empire rises again say in 2022, then that would be 100 years when it died and came back to life. If the declared caliphate counts now, then that is 92 years. So not 500 years as you said.

Wikipedia says it better than myself:

The Ottoman Empire (/ˈɒtəmən/; Ottoman Turkish: دَوْلَتِ عَلِيّهٔ عُثمَانِیّه, Devlet-i Aliyye-i Osmâniyye, Modern Turkish: Osmanlı İmparatorluğu), also historically referred to as theTurkish Empire or Turkey, was a Sunni Islamic sultanate and later a caliphate founded by Oghuz Turks under Osman Bey in northwestern Anatolia in 1299. With conquests in the Balkans by Murad I between 1365 and 1389, and the conquest of Constantinople by Mehmed II in 1453, the Ottoman sultanate was transformed into an empire.

During the 16th and 17th centuries, in particular at the height of its power under the reign of Suleiman the Magnificent, the Ottoman Empire was a powerful multinational, multilingual empire controlling much of Southeast Europe, Western Asia, the Caucasus,North Africa, and the Horn of Africa. At the beginning of the 17th century the empire contained 32 provinces and numerous vassal states. Some of these were later absorbed into the empire, while others were granted various types of autonomy during the course of centuries.

With Constantinople as its capital and control of lands around the Mediterranean basin, the Ottoman Empire was at the centre of interactions between the Eastern and Westernworlds for six centuries. Following a long period of military setbacks against European powers and gradual decline, the empire collapsed and was dissolved in the aftermath of World War I, leading to the emergence of the new state of Turkey in the Ottoman Anatolian heartland, as well as the creation of modern Balkan and Middle Eastern states.

The reality is that it could rise up very quickly. One option is that ISIL continue to gain territory in their caliphate. After some time it becomes a big area and a man rises in Turkey or elsewhere and takes control of the area. This could happen quite quickly, but yes it could take longer too. ISIL have already declared the caliphate and Islam is waiting for the appearance of their Mahdi. Islamic prophecies of him as well as an army of black flags feature strongly in their eschatology.

If he appears and takes control, then he will reign for a short time only. Seven years according to their writings, and according to scripture, the Antichrist will rule for seven years and possibly sign a peace treaty with Israel for that time, but break it half way through.

Turkey is part of NATO and a perfect country to broker a peace deal with Israel and other Middle East countries.

I am not saying this will all definitely happen, but to say that it could happen and quite quickly.

Scripture says that these days will be cut short otherwise no flesh would survive. My guess is that an army bent on killing what they call infidels, Christians, Jews, and other non-muslims, could be extremely violent with weapons of today today including bio-weapons.

We have already seen the 7 continuous kings (kingdoms) and only await one more. Coupled with the fact that these days will be cut short, the last kingdom could easily be in many of our life times, even this decade. However, Christians have a tendency to think the end is always sooner than it actually is, so I won’t say that it will happen in this decade except to say that it is possible.

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is no evidence that the 7th is here now.

The seventh passed in the wake of WWI. So it isn’t here now. We await the eighth according to this eschatology.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Can you name a muslem EMPIRE in existence today?

There is a declared Islamic Caliphate now. It would take some time to grow into an empire. Could be quicker than you think though. The whole Middle East is weak at the moment. Remember that their kings fell in the Arab Spring. An Islamic Caliphate could fill the vacuum of power there at the moment.

Territorial control of ISIS - 2014

The area in red above shows the territory currently controlled by ISIL (possibly the beginning of the 8th).

The map below shows the Islamic Caliphate at its height (the 7th).

Ottoman Empire in 1683

kerwin
    Participant

To whomever it may concern,

Any one who is not preaching the true gospel of Christ is preaching another Christ and another God and so is preaching the antichrist spirit. That fact cannot be used to prove one group in this world is the antichrist. Even a person proclaiming they are a Christ but not teaching the true doctrine has an antichrist spirit.

I have to look into history about the Eastern Roman Empire.

kerwin
    Participant

To whomever it may concern,

The crusaders did for their allies the Byzantine Empire. They sacked the capital and the Empire itself dissolved and divided into competing realms. It was reestablished for a couple of centuries but still weak. Sounds like the iron mixed with clay. The Ottoman Turks would conquer it and its former territories in the 15th Century. The Ottoman Empire itself would fall five centuries later.

It is called Byzantine because it became more of a Greek version of the Sassanid Roman Empire. The Rashidun Caliphate conquered the Sassanian Persian Empire and half the Byzantine one and they were also a Muslim Empire. It had the largest empire up to that time.

It lasted only about 30 years and broke up because of infighting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Here are the facts:

1. The antichrist spirit exhibits a number of traits, one being that they deny the Father and Son.
    2. Because Islam teaches that God has no son, they clearly and openly deny the Father and Son.
    3. Islamic Caliphates are not only political entities but they are also religious with their own laws and times.
    4. The Ottoman Empire was the next empire after the Roman Empire. It conquered the Roman Empire.
    5. We are told that their will be an eighth kingdom which is of the seventh.
    6. Rome was clearly the sixth kingdom. It was the one that was in existence, when John gave the prophecy.
    7. Historians do not consider the Eastern Roman Empire as a different empire. The east did not conquer the west. The capital moved from Rome to Constantinople. That period of the kingdom is called the Byzantine period.
    8. Both the Eastern Roman Empire and Byzantine Empire terminology are historiographical terms created after the end of the realm. Its citizens continued to refer to their empire as the Roman Empire.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account