Is Death Just Sleep

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Dunno
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2006,13:56)
    HI dunno,
    So for you to be born again is to learn and comprehend and believe and from that moment we are born agin and as we continue to learn we are changed and renewed in our minds such that they accord with the mind of Christ?
    So
    We do not need to be reborn from above?
    We are not all sinners?
    We do not need to repent?
    We do not have to be forgiven?
    We do not need to appel to God for forgiveness through water baptism?
    We do not need to be baptised by Christ in the Spirit?
    We do not need the example of words or actions of Paul and the apostles in Acts?

We were OK all along and we just needed to grasp a few new biblical concepts and voila?
    Sorry but this is a new and popular gospel that saves none.

“Believe and you are saved”

It too is vanity.
    Even demons believe and they too knew who the Son of God really was.

Scriptural belief involves obedience to all the demands of God.
    We must be reborn into the Son to find safety and into his death and resurrection.

“Unless you repent you will all likewise perish”

“Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and not do what I say?”

“'Lord, Lord. Open up for us!'
    But he answered
    'Truly I say to you, I do not know you'”

Hi! Nick

I don't wish to appear rude … but surely you must understand that I was not meaning to author something of a treatise on the Gospel and/or Salvation.

No one should be surprised that there is not everything of 'background' explained at any length in my comments here. For instance, in this particular Post, I was simply addressing the import of mind/heart. In an earlier Post, I merely introduced thoughts regarding ideas behind the false “sleep of the soul” doctrine.

It's not as if I was making any attempt whatsoever to somehow explain the entire scope of God's eternal purposes and intents nor the complete magnitude of His Salvation Plan.

So, Nick, your replying with a fusillade of pretended questions is so utterly useless. Worse, the bizzarre assumptions you seem to be making about my thinking on matters is so unnecessary. eg: “We do not need to be reborn from above?” … “We are not all sinners?” … “We do not need to be forgiven”. These are all trepidacious accusations and need not to have been asked in the first instance.

Again, it is worthwhile repeating what I stated in here on at least two earlier occasions:
    We, having escaped the clutches of the Babylon and having abandoned the falsehood known as the 'Trinity Doctrine', must also make every effort to re-examine our thoughtworld so that we are not continuing to cherish things which are equally as corrupt and crippling.

The intent of my Post(s) was to merely discuss at greater depth some of the scriptural terminology so that we could perhaps ascertain a greater confidence as to their intrinsic meaning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dunno,
    No offense intended. The questions posed are just questions and not statements in themselves unless you make them so. Unless we can agree on basics there is no point on building on a foundation we do not share is there and I do not know where you stand without clarifications of your inferred stand.

Thus we refelect back to you what you seem to be saying in the hope that we have misunderstood and that you can reassure us that they are untrue so we can proceed.

Philosophy is what I believe that influenced the trinity doctrine, along with the intention of deifying Mary.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Job 14 7f
    “For there is hope for a tree, when it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and it's shoots will not fail.
    Though it's root grow old in the ground, and it's stump dies in the dry soil. at the scent of water it will flourish and put forth sprigs like a plant.
    But Man dies and lies prostrate. Man expires and where is he? As water evaporates from the sea and a river becomes parched and dries up so man lies down and does not rise. Until the heavens be no more, he will not awake nor be roused out of his sleep.
    Oh that thou would hide me in Sheol, that Thou wouldst conceal me until thy wrath returns to Thee, that Thou wouldst set a limit for me and remember me! If a man dies will he live again? All the days of my struggle I will wait, until my change comes. Thou wilt call, and I will answer Thee”

Job grasps the concept of death as sleep in Sheol and the coming resurrection of the righteous.He cannot accept death as final and has hope beyond the grave.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 27 2006,09:00)
    Nick, Repent. For your God is not my God. My God is the God of the bible.

Shouldn't that be “My God is the God of the KJV?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 30 2006,19:08)
    Philosophy is what I believe that influenced the trinity doctrine, along with the intention of deifying Mary.

Yeah, the KJV didn't help that much either did it?

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dunno,
    So what is wrong with asking for clarifications?
    That is one of the roles of a facilitator.
    If you were sincerely wanting to share treasures why would you be shy on giving more detail if those answers are not as inherently obvious to the readers as you may have presumed?

Your words
    “So, Nick, your replying with a fusillade of pretended questions is so utterly useless.”

[QUOTEYeah, the KJV didn't help that much either did it?]

The King James was put into print and was protested by the Catholic Church. The King of England did the will of God, and ignored the threats of Rome. There was attempted made on the Kings life for going against Rome. All one needs to do is study history to find the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,

God has used donkeys before today to do His will.
    Does the King of England have a leadership role in, or was he even a part of God's church?
    Or is this just worldly politics?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Death is the first death unless otherwise qualified, the death of the body.

Nick, God bless you.

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

For Frank

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some verses to consider

Psalm 13:3
    Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
    Daniel 12:2
    And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
    Matthew 9:24
    He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
    Mark 5:39
    And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth.
    Luke 8:52
    And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.
    John 11:11
    These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
    1 Corinthians 11:30
    For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
    1 Corinthians 15:51
    Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    1 Thessalonians 4:14
    For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    1 Thessalonians 5:10
    Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account