Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Cornelius is not said to be a proselyte in my bible.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2009,12:55)
    Hi tt,
    Cornelius is not said to be a proselyte in my bible.

Nick,
    It says that Cornelius “feared God” (Acts 10:1). A Gentile who “feared God” was a proselyte. This is common knowledge Nick. Where have you been? See also Acts 2:5-10.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………I know you want to push water baptism as a means of salvation, but you case is weak brother, it is the Baptism of the Spirit that really counts . Water doesn't Change you heart and mind, but Spiritual Baptism does. I am not saying it wrong to be baptized with water , but it doesn't change anything, it takes the Spirit to do that. You are not buried with Christ in water, you are buried with Christ through Spirit and Fire., which is the baptism of Christ given by GOD the FATHER. The baptism of John was not the real deal, the baptism of Jesus is, remember John said “I have need to be Baptized BY YOU”. IMO

love to you and yours…………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said to Nick:

I am not saying it wrong to be baptized with water

Gene,
    Water baptism is wrong Gene. But God forgives our ignorance. Hebrews classifies baptisms among those “elementary principles” to be discarded. We are exhorted to move on to perfection now. So water baptism is wrong because it takes us backwards to the old covenant way of things.

Don't cave in bro!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Are you sufficiently clean by the Word to not need water washing?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2009,05:01)
    Hi tt,
    Are you sufficiently clean by the Word to not need water washing?

The blood of Christ is sufficient.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    When were you blessed with this or is it automatic?
    Even demons believe…and tremble.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Proverbs 30:12
    There is a kind who is pure in his own eyes,Yet is not washed from his filthiness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Zech 3
    1And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

We are all as Joshua requiring that our sin be washed away and covered with the righteousness of the Lamb is his blood and this may be granted by God in response to our heartfelt plea in water baptism.[1Peter3]

Knowing about Jesus and committing ourselves is not a way of salvation shown in the bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Proverbs 16:25
    There is a way which seems right to a man,But its end is the way of death.

There are no salvations shown in Acts that do not involve water baptism.
    This is in the new covenant of the Spirit of Grace

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….your example of Joshua had nothing to do with water Baptism brother. It was God who gave Him clean Garments, not water baptism. Nick you could be baptized a million times in water and it wouldn't change any thing. Water is water, Spirit is Spirit and they are not the same. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Water baptism itself changes nothing.

Acts 8:13
    Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

It is the blood that washes the inside of the cup clean.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….well i am glad you at least know that brother.

peace and love…………………..gene

Cindy
    Participant

It is quit amazing to me that some seem to forget that there is a Scripture that tells us to be baptized in ” the Name of the Father and Of the Son and of His Holy Spirit.” Also the Father is greater then all. That truth is somehow forgotten so much. Jesus Himself is the one that proclaims that His Father is greater then He is. Even tho in Hebrew God the Father calls Him God. God is a title,
    and we know the Father has a name and so does the Son.
    With that I say Good-Night. Sleep thight.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene………..Father Son and Holy Spirit , was added to the text, It should read in the name of Jesus. Check it out Sis.

love and peace to you and Georg………………………gene

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 26 2009,10:59)
    Irene………..Father Son and Holy Spirit , was added to the text, It should read in the name of Jesus. Check it out Sis.

love and peace to you and Georg………………………gene

Gene,

I tried to find the variants or additions you suggest and couldn't. Can you offer your sources please.

The text reads, Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
    In the Greek New Testament w/variants as well as all others.

Thanks for the help.

Seeking

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi S,
    Try the Eusebius and Mt28 threads.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 26 2009,17:52)
    It is quit amazing to me that some seem to forget that there is a Scripture that tells us to be baptized in ” the Name of the Father and Of the Son and of His Holy Spirit.”  Also the Father is greater then all.  That truth is somehow forgotten so much. Jesus Himself is the one that proclaims that His Father is greater then He is. Even tho in Hebrew God the Father calls Him God. God is a title,
    and we know the Father has a name and so does the Son.
    With that I say Good-Night. Sleep thight.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    Where does the Bible tell US to be baptized? It was the Jews that were told to be baptized. The Gentiles were not required to be baptized. The Gentiles were justified according to their obedience to the law of nature. Please don't bring up Cornelius. Acts 10:1 says that he was a “God fearing” Gentile which was a proselyte. A proselyte was as a Jew. The mandate to baptize “all nations” referred to all the nations of the Jews. There was not one Gentile baptized in the book of Acts.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Was there one gospel for the jews and another for the gentiles that somehow makes us one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You say
    “The Gentiles were justified according to their obedience to the law of nature.”
    Where is this Law of nature?

Rom2
    11For there is no respect of persons with God.

12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

This shows that some gentiles are as true Israelites in God's eyes obeying the OT law.
    But that Law is not our schoolmaster in Christ

Viewing 20 posts - 1,821 through 1,840 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account