Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,421 through 1,440 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Were the brothers washed in water or by the Word? [jn15]
    One baptism does not make others unnecessary.
    The cup must be cleansed to be fit to hold the holy treasure.

But the baptism in the Spirit only controls those submit and who do not quench or grieve that Spirit.

Peter showed evidence of the Spirit of God revealing matters to him
    but was still found to be influenced also by the adversary.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 29 2008,07:37)
    GB,

But the baptism in the Spirit only controls those submit and who do not quench or grieve that Spirit.

Important
    Are you baptizing to rise the dead Nick?

Hsa 6:1Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

Are you rising them with a dead body Nick?
    Hsa 6:2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
    Then shall we know,*[if]* we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth.

Whats then? to be slain by the words of A god Mouth?

Therefore have I hewed [them] by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments [are as] the light [that] goeth forth.
    For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Are you useing baptizing as some sort of pre burnt offering Nick?

It Pays to know fully what you are selling for the false prophets are thrown into the fire of reality, and all is restored after being smitten by the pig headed perhaps?

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 29 2008,07:37)
    GB,

Important
    Are you baptizing to rise the dead Nick?

Hsa 6:1Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

Are you rising them with a dead body Nick?
    Hsa 6:2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
    Then shall we know,*[if]* we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth.

Whats then? to be slain by the words of A god Mouth?

Therefore have I hewed [them] by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments [are as] the light [that] goeth forth.
    For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Are you useing baptizing as some sort of pre burnt offering Nick?

It Pays to know fully what you are selling for the false prophets are thrown into the fire of reality, and all is restored after being smitten by the pig headed perhaps?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…They were washed by the word, “the (WORDS) I speak unto you (ARE) SPIRIT and LIFE. They were the words of truth but only understood when the Spirit of Truth came , However when it comes, the spirit (INTELLECT) of truth come it will bring into you memory all that i have told you. Nick, the water baptism had nothing to do with their understanding truth, or there conversion either. Paul said there is only one Baptism. Why are you having such a hard time understanding these things, anyone with God spirit can understand this easly. The flesh profits (NOTHING). It the Spirit that does, can't you get that in your head?>

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…They were washed by the word, “the (WORDS) I speak unto you (ARE) SPIRIT and LIFE. They were the words of truth but only understood when the Spirit of Truth came , However when it comes, the spirit (INTELLECT) of truth come it will bring into you memory all that i have told you. Nick, the water baptism had nothing to do with their understanding truth, or there conversion either. Paul said there is only one Baptism. Why are you having such a hard time understanding these things, anyone with God spirit can understand this easly. The flesh profits (NOTHING). It the Spirit that does, can't you get that in your head?>

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You say
    “Paul said there is only one Baptism.”

Where does he say there is ONLY one?

Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You say
    “Paul said there is only one Baptism.”

Where does he say there is ONLY one?

Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….if Paul said ONE then that means there can not be two, right? So which one is it then WATER or SPIRIT?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….if Paul said ONE then that means there can not be two, right? So which one is it then WATER or SPIRIT?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    There is one baptism.
    Only one baptism is just called baptism.
    All other baptisms are qualified by other words to differentiate them from water baptism.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    There is one baptism.
    Only one baptism is just called baptism.
    All other baptisms are qualified by other words to differentiate them from water baptism.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….there is an old saying you can not corner a snake in a brier patch. The one baptism Paul was talking about was the Baptism of the Holy Spirit trust me on this one. Water baptism never made anyone right with GOD, But the Baptism of Christ does, and it's the baptism of Spirit and Fire, as John plainly said and He know he needed that baptism for himself also, saying i have need to be baptized by you. You need to quite distorting GOD's word Nick.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….there is an old saying you can not corner a snake in a brier patch. The one baptism Paul was talking about was the Baptism of the Holy Spirit trust me on this one. Water baptism never made anyone right with GOD, But the Baptism of Christ does, and it's the baptism of Spirit and Fire, as John plainly said and He know he needed that baptism for himself also, saying i have need to be baptized by you. You need to quite distorting GOD's word Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Trust you on this one?
    But your words do not reflect scripture but your intellect.

baptism is baptism.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Trust you on this one?
    But your words do not reflect scripture but your intellect.

baptism is baptism.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….then show us How (Baptism) not (BAPTISM'S) a singular word is by you turned into a plural word. Then show us where Paul said there is more then one Baptism that we must have also.. As i said you can't corner a snake in a brier patch. And while your at it please tell us why John told Jesus He had need to be baptized by him then. And my intellect does reflect the word , it yous that doesn't reflect God's word in my opinion.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….then show us How (Baptism) not (BAPTISM'S) a singular word is by you turned into a plural word. Then show us where Paul said there is more then one Baptism that we must have also.. As i said you can't corner a snake in a brier patch. And while your at it please tell us why John told Jesus He had need to be baptized by him then. And my intellect does reflect the word , it yous that doesn't reflect God's word in my opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Again you argue with yourself as you say there is ONLY ONE baptism
    There are baptisms.
    Heb6

3And this will we do, if God permit.

There is baptism.
    Then there is BAPTISM IN THE SPIRIT

John 1:33
    “I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.'

Acts 2:38
    Peter said to them, ” Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Philip baptised.

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

BUT NOT IN THE SPIRIT

Acts 8:16
    For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

The eunuch understood.

Acts 8:36
    As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?”

So should you.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Again you argue with yourself as you say there is ONLY ONE baptism
    There are baptisms.
    Heb6

3And this will we do, if God permit.

There is baptism.
    Then there is BAPTISM IN THE SPIRIT

John 1:33
    “I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.'

Acts 2:38
    Peter said to them, ” Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Philip baptised.

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

BUT NOT IN THE SPIRIT

Acts 8:16
    For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

The eunuch understood.

Acts 8:36
    As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?”

So should you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…i never said there was not water baptism, what i said is the there is only one baptism the saves a person and it is not water baptism, but baptism of the spirit, sure there were different baptisms bit only one that really counted and that was the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT and scripture has shown people recieve it even before they were water baptized, But Paul finally reached the conclusion that there is only one true baptism that counts , even though there are many baptisms , Just like there are more then one circumcisions, but only one that counts, there are many gods, but only One that counts, there are many administrations but only one that counts , the administration of the Spirit. One GOD IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL, by HIS SPIRIT, which is the BAPTISM OF CHRIST. that is all anyone need to be saved it's the baptism of Christ.

Nick…explain to us why JOHN said He had need to be BAPTIZED BY JESUS , what did he mean by that?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,421 through 1,440 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account