Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    If you wrote the words of Jesus instead of adding your interpretation we would all be on the same page.
    Out of your mouth should come what was from the mind of Christ and not your own thoughts.

If you read 1 Peter 3 you will see that the water is a PLEA for cleansing by the blood.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…if you had the (MIND) of Christ you would understand what i wrote. Parroting Jesus anyone can do, but to have the same mind he had is what counts, and to believe water can spiritual cleanse anyone is (NOT) the mind of Christ. John said i indeed baptize with (WATER) (BUT) he who comes after me shall baptize with FIRE and SPIRIT. Do you see where Jesus baptized with water there anywhere. You can go get wet all you want to, but if you are not Baptized with the baptism of Christ you are simply still in you sins and are a carnal minded person.

The Baptism of Christ is the HOLY SPIRIT of truth and it causes Fire (INTENSE JUDGMENTS) to come to us which causes repentance and change to take place in us. It all comes through the Baptism of Christ. and that is what cleanses us from sinning.You should already know these things Nick. IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…if you had the (MIND) of Christ you would understand what i wrote. Parroting Jesus anyone can do, but to have the same mind he had is what counts, and to believe water can spiritual cleanse anyone is (NOT) the mind of Christ. John said i indeed baptize with (WATER) (BUT) he who comes after me shall baptize with FIRE and SPIRIT. Do you see where Jesus baptized with water there anywhere. You can go get wet all you want to, but if you are not Baptized with the baptism of Christ you are simply still in you sins and are a carnal minded person.

The Baptism of Christ is the HOLY SPIRIT of truth and it causes Fire (INTENSE JUDGMENTS) to come to us which causes repentance and change to take place in us. It all comes through the Baptism of Christ. and that is what cleanses us from sinning.You should already know these things Nick. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Fine theories.
    But if you got the book of Acts and read it you would find them fading.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Fine theories.
    But if you got the book of Acts and read it you would find them fading.

charity
    Participant

They baptized with water, not enough
    They baptize the emotions to feel his presence above, Not enough
    So They baptized themselves in His Blood.
    After ONE hour or three
    it boiled down to two teams
    ones, that begged they crucify him not.
    And the threes had no faith, take his life one in trinity, we need his blood, they that still follow sacrifice and their father Moses.
    -charity

charity
    Participant

They baptized with water, not enough
    They baptize the emotions to feel his presence above, Not enough
    So They baptized themselves in His Blood.
    After ONE hour or three
    it boiled down to two teams
    ones, that begged they crucify him not.
    And the threes had no faith, take his life one in trinity, we need his blood, they that still follow sacrifice and their father Moses.
    -charity

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The water baptism of repentance of John was essential for the planting of the seed of faith

Lk7
    27This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

28For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

29And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.

30But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

31And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

32They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The water baptism of repentance of John was essential for the planting of the seed of faith

Lk7
    27This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

28For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

29And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.

30But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

31And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

32They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….you have no idea what you are talking about, the baptism of John planted nothing those same people were saying later to crucify Jesus, You haven't the foggiest idea what you are saying. Water baptism Got it's origin from ceremonial cleanings commanded by God to the Israelites Hundreds of years before John every came on the seem. But those baptisms could never make a persons heart right, i don't care how many times they did it. , It takes the Baptism of Christ in order for that to happen and the is not a Physical baptism but a spiritual one. Do you honestly think (WATER) can truly cleans some one internally. Paul by the way said there is only one Baptism. And he wasn't talking about water baptism. You should already understand this, imo.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….you have no idea what you are talking about, the baptism of John planted nothing those same people were saying later to crucify Jesus, You haven't the foggiest idea what you are saying. Water baptism Got it's origin from ceremonial cleanings commanded by God to the Israelites Hundreds of years before John every came on the seem. But those baptisms could never make a persons heart right, i don't care how many times they did it. , It takes the Baptism of Christ in order for that to happen and the is not a Physical baptism but a spiritual one. Do you honestly think (WATER) can truly cleans some one internally. Paul by the way said there is only one Baptism. And he wasn't talking about water baptism. You should already understand this, imo.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……when Jesus came to John to be (water baptized) John said unto Him ” Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with Holy Ghost and Fire. Verse 13..> then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. verse 14…> But John forbade him saying, I have need to be baptized (OF THEE), and comest thou unto me? Verse 15 and Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be NOW for thus it becometh US (John and Jesus) to fulfill (ALL) righteousness. Then He suffered him. What is (ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS) Both the rightiousness of the old and the new Testements.

Notice also Jhon said I have need to be Baptized by you, this baptism was the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT with Fire that was Jesus' baptism. John spoke of in Mat 3:11, John know that the baptism of Jesus was what counted. That why he said i have need to be baptized by you.

Love and peace to all……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……when Jesus came to John to be (water baptized) John said unto Him ” Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with Holy Ghost and Fire. Verse 13..> then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. verse 14…> But John forbade him saying, I have need to be baptized (OF THEE), and comest thou unto me? Verse 15 and Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be NOW for thus it becometh US (John and Jesus) to fulfill (ALL) righteousness. Then He suffered him. What is (ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS) Both the rightiousness of the old and the new Testements.

Notice also Jhon said I have need to be Baptized by you, this baptism was the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT with Fire that was Jesus' baptism. John spoke of in Mat 3:11, John know that the baptism of Jesus was what counted. That why he said i have need to be baptized by you.

Love and peace to all……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So were the apostles unfaithful to their Master when they baptised in water in the name of Jesus in Acts?

Jesus was baptised in water and we follow him and not those who pay homage to reason instead of teaching obedience to the son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So were the apostles unfaithful to their Master when they baptised in water in the name of Jesus in Acts?

Jesus was baptised in water and we follow him and not those who pay homage to reason instead of teaching obedience to the son of God.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 28 2008,16:34)
    GB,

Isa 8

What happens before Jesus, OR A CHILD IS OLD ENOUGH TO CRY OR TALK?

For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.
    The LORD spake also unto me again, saying,
    Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah's son' Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, [even] the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks:

And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
    Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 28 2008,16:34)
    GB,

Isa 8

What happens before Jesus, OR A CHILD IS OLD ENOUGH TO CRY OR TALK?

For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.
    The LORD spake also unto me again, saying,
    Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah's son' Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, [even] the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks:

And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
    Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    So how do you confuse a divine timeline according to the birth of a prophet's son??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    So how do you confuse a divine timeline according to the birth of a prophet's son??

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 28 2008,20:16)
    Hi charity,

Well it is insanity to go around  calling Jesus the “only”begotten son, scripture tells, AFTER ELIJAH left his first Life in the luxury of a chariot to heaven, and returned born of a womb again,as John the baptist, that is before Jesus even gets to be “the first begotten Son”?, a soul just mocked and did all before him,
    while walking the earth towards twice dead, with no head?

First Begotten Son is only found within the gos-pill John…single Liner..

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account