Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,11:53)
    Hi Irene,
    To clarify fo others ACCEPTING JESUS as LORD is a popular idea as a way of salvation
    but it is not written.

Nick When you write LORD it speaks of the Almighty LORd who is our heavenly Father. Not Jesus. Did I ever say that only through Jesus Christ we are saved or did I say by having Faith in Jesus Christ it is a free gift from God. Don't you believe those scriptures that I gave as prove? To understand what is of God however we should be Baptized and receive the Joly Spirit.
    Ephesians  2:8
    Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…..>Rom 6:4 Therefore we (ARE BURIED) With him by baptism (INTO DEATH) that like as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5…> For (IF) we have been (PLANTED TOGETHER IN THE LIKENESS OF HIS DEATH) we shall also (LIKE HIM)be in the likeness of His resurrection.

Question…..Is the term buried with Him , symbolical or actual and if it is actual, in what way is it actual> seeing we have not physically died yet.

Answer……You must die to yourself, how (by putting your WILL to death) This is accomplished by the Baptism of the SPIRIT this SPIRIT is what Put Jesus' WILL to death also, and it enables us to put our Wills to death Just as it did JESUS. Therefore we can be Buried with Christ Also. Because the Spirit of GOD puts our Wills to death, through the operation of GOD'S GRACE . Death should not always be seen as Just a physical death when some one physically dies.

Mar 10:38….> But Jesus said unto them, ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that i drink of? and be baptiswd with the baptism that i am baptized with ? verse 39..> and they said unto him We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye (shall indeed drink) of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with all Shall you be baptized.

We are to do exactly what Jesus did by the same Spirit that He was Baptized with the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT> If we have been baptized with the same spirit it will produce the same thing in our lives as it did Jesus life .

love and peace to all……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…..>Rom 6:4 Therefore we (ARE BURIED) With him by baptism (INTO DEATH) that like as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5…> For (IF) we have been (PLANTED TOGETHER IN THE LIKENESS OF HIS DEATH) we shall also (LIKE HIM)be in the likeness of His resurrection.

Question…..Is the term buried with Him , symbolical or actual and if it is actual, in what way is it actual> seeing we have not physically died yet.

Answer……You must die to yourself, how (by putting your WILL to death) This is accomplished by the Baptism of the SPIRIT this SPIRIT is what Put Jesus' WILL to death also, and it enables us to put our Wills to death Just as it did JESUS. Therefore we can be Buried with Christ Also. Because the Spirit of GOD puts our Wills to death, through the operation of GOD'S GRACE . Death should not always be seen as Just a physical death when some one physically dies.

Mar 10:38….> But Jesus said unto them, ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that i drink of? and be baptiswd with the baptism that i am baptized with ? verse 39..> and they said unto him We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye (shall indeed drink) of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with all Shall you be baptized.

We are to do exactly what Jesus did by the same Spirit that He was Baptized with the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT> If we have been baptized with the same spirit it will produce the same thing in our lives as it did Jesus life .

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The resurrection life is given to those who have died.
    Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies it remains but a simple grain.
    Death already rules in these tattered old tents and the earth will reclaim what is it's own.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The resurrection life is given to those who have died.
    Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies it remains but a simple grain.
    Death already rules in these tattered old tents and the earth will reclaim what is it's own.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 21 2008,16:07)

Question…..Is the term buried with Him  , symbolical or actual and if it is actual, in what way is it actual> seeing we have not physically died yet.  

Mar 10:38….> But Jesus said unto them, ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that i drink of? and  be baptiswd with the baptism that i am baptized with ? verse 39..> and they said unto him We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye (shall indeed drink) of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with all Shall you be baptized.

We are to do exactly what Jesus did by the same Spirit that He was Baptized with the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT>  If we have been baptized with the same spirit it will produce the same thing in our lives as it did Jesus life .

okay three days three nights, literal? this is buried with him Jesus who was dead, some say Jonas wasn't?
    the earth  is confused over two or three ways to play dead?

We and he ARE buried with Jonas and raised with the first begotten son Jonas?

Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
    Jon 3:3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 21 2008,16:07)

Question…..Is the term buried with Him  , symbolical or actual and if it is actual, in what way is it actual> seeing we have not physically died yet.  

Mar 10:38….> But Jesus said unto them, ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that i drink of? and  be baptiswd with the baptism that i am baptized with ? verse 39..> and they said unto him We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye (shall indeed drink) of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with all Shall you be baptized.

We are to do exactly what Jesus did by the same Spirit that He was Baptized with the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT>  If we have been baptized with the same spirit it will produce the same thing in our lives as it did Jesus life .

okay three days three nights, literal? this is buried with him Jesus who was dead, some say Jonas wasn't?
    the earth  is confused over two or three ways to play dead?

We and he ARE buried with Jonas and raised with the first begotten son Jonas?

Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
    Jon 3:3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.

charity
    Participant

UN certain destination even after been raised from death, the third day?

rising from the death and perished dust?

Hsa 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Hsa 6:3 Then shall we know, *[if]* we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth.
    Hsa 6:4¶O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness [is] as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

Be born again of good seed not a bad….All Men are risen again to obtain mercy from been smitten..

They that sleep in the graves shall come forth, to meet corruption, and some to everlasting Life…hearing the voice of the shepherd….John

charity
    Participant

UN certain destination even after been raised from death, the third day?

rising from the death and perished dust?

Hsa 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Hsa 6:3 Then shall we know, *[if]* we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth.
    Hsa 6:4¶O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness [is] as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

Be born again of good seed not a bad….All Men are risen again to obtain mercy from been smitten..

They that sleep in the graves shall come forth, to meet corruption, and some to everlasting Life…hearing the voice of the shepherd….John

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    We are to follow Jesus into his death and resurrection.
    Praise God water baptism is sufficient for the righteousness of God.
    Scourging, the crown of thorns, the spittle and the nails do not appeal.

Jonas dies, sees Hades but does not abide and is raised to life in three days.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,16:45)
    Hi charity,

well grab yourself a trench coat, and catch hold of reality nick.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,16:45)
    Hi charity,

well grab yourself a trench coat, and catch hold of reality nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Have you not seen the door to truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,17:10)
    Hi charity,

yes evidently I have seen your door?, its way to narrow, and I noticed a lot of other doors for sale in the market place
    And then I decided Men have created God in these marvelous Images and Likeness
    And I watched as the demanding Men, forced others to understand like themselves understand.

and it was nice to find a friend that honors God, and understands Men are in full control down here, even as it should be noticed Jesus had his life cut off,
    My God My GOD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME, I wasn't expecting that? FOR THE MEN OF THIS EARTH are THE GODS, AND i SHALL FIND MYSELF A KIND ONE
    Amen

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,17:10)
    Hi charity,

yes evidently I have seen your door?, its way to narrow, and I noticed a lot of other doors for sale in the market place
    And then I decided Men have created God in these marvelous Images and Likeness
    And I watched as the demanding Men, forced others to understand like themselves understand.

and it was nice to find a friend that honors God, and understands Men are in full control down here, even as it should be noticed Jesus had his life cut off,
    My God My GOD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME, I wasn't expecting that? FOR THE MEN OF THIS EARTH are THE GODS, AND i SHALL FIND MYSELF A KIND ONE
    Amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Where are men in full control?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 21 2008,17:59)
    Hi charity,

o there god given free will is control and power Nick.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,221 through 1,240 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account