Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You should not become a Jew.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You should not become a Jew.

Not3in1
    Participant

:laugh: What?!

I'm kinda afraid to ask…..

Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

:laugh: What?!

I'm kinda afraid to ask…..

Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy…….you are a Jew inwardly, One is not a Jew outwardly, but one is a Jew who is a Jew inwardly. That you sis. And Adam also and hopefully all of us.

love to you and yours…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy…….you are a Jew inwardly, One is not a Jew outwardly, but one is a Jew who is a Jew inwardly. That you sis. And Adam also and hopefully all of us.

love to you and yours…………gene

Samuel
    Participant

First off I voted yes…

These are some of the facts:
    Why because Jesus commanded them to go forth “Baptizing” in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

The Disciples saw that name to be Jesus…Why do I say this…Because you can't show me anywhere in the Bible where they baptized anyone in water unto this formula.  Every time they baptized someone they did it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:37-45
    37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Cor 1:13  
    Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Cor 1:14 .
    I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1 Cor 1:15
    Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

1 Cor 1:16
    And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

Now…

Does that mean if you are not baptized your not going to heaven?
    Being as how I'm not GOD I can't answer you that question.  He decides who comes and goes…and I believe those that come in Jesus Name…or the ones that are going to be allowed to enter into the kingdom of GOD.

However, we can argue did the disciples understand Jesus right?
    Well…he did not correct what they did…so they must have done it right.   I'm supremely confident that Jesus would have corrected them if they were doing something wrong.

And here or some more Facts:

Acts 19:4    Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Mark 1:8    I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John 1:33    And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 11:16    Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

This is a water baptism, which the Israel was very familiar with.  They were already practicing forms of baptism.  That one good reason why they were so willing to come forth and receive this baptism.

Matthew 3:11    
    I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:  

Luke 3:16  
    John answered, saying unto [them] all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Well how do you know if you've been baptized with the Holy Ghost?  First off let me just say…no one is going to have to tell you…”You just received the Holy Ghost”
    Your gonna know, but for the sake of argument:

Acts 2:4    
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 4:31    
    And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 13:52  
     And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:17  
     And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:3  
    And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:11    
    Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Acts 10:46  
    For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 19

1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1 Cor 12:10    
    To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Cor 12:28  
    28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Cor 13:1  
    Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Cor 13:8  
    Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Cor 14:5  
    I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater [is] he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1 Cor 14:6  
     Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

1 Cor 14:18
    I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1 Cor
    14:21 .
    In the law it is written, With [men of] other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

1 Cor 14:22
    Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying [serveth] not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

1 Cor 14:39    
    Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Revelation 7:9
    After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Notice, some of the things that come with the baptism of the Holy Ghost…Tongues, Joy, Prophesy, Casting out of Devils, Love, [divers] kinds of tongues, diversities of tongues, Gifts of Healing, and many others.

How many people at your church have any of these gifts?  How many people do you know that have been baptized with the Holy Ghost and with Fire?

More people receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 9:17    And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

So does water baptism save?

1 Peter 3
    20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Was Jesus baptized?

Matthew 3
    13Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Are we really going to get this baptism Jesus was talking about?

Matthew 20:22  
     But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Matthew 20:23
    And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Here is a good question?
    Can you answer this question?

Matthew 21:25
    The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?

So, we know there is one Faith, One Lord, One Baptism, One Spirit…

1 Cor 12:13  
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:5  
    One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Which one is the right one?

Acts 2:38
    38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

After long studying and praying about this whole baptism thing…and such.
    I've come to realize this.
    The water baptism was the sign of the baptism that was yet to come.  
    In the case of Noah's ark 8 souls were saved by water.
    Jesus came and was baptized by water and the Holy Ghost.
    Thus he in turn told us that we would be baptized by that same baptism.
    This baptism is obviously greater than that of water.  And feels far more better.

However,
    Is the water baptism going to kill you…what are you scared of?
    Have ye any faith?  That if you get baptized in water unto the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will not be saved and receive the greater baptism…the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

All this baptism…it has come to my understanding…that it hinges off two things mainly with us men…

1.) Obedience  

2.) Faith

Now I could sit here and quote scriptures to you all night long about these two things alone as that which I have done with the better part  of this post.  I love the word of GOD and it speaks way better than I could ever dream of speaking.

However, I do feel compelled to tell you that you have to Obey, the commandments of Christ…and have Faith in Him in order to receive any type of “Saved” or “Forgiveness”  Status.

If we can't obey…then we are going to have a lot of problems and are going to miss out on some of the most awesome gifts GOD has to offer us.

And, we constantly don't want to put our Faith in thins we can not see.  But if we just had the faith of the grain of a mustard seed…what things could be done with just that.  
    What about this?
    What if we had more faith than that of a grain of Mustard seed?
    What could be done then?

Some say “Well I don't know about this Holy Ghost thing”
    My question to you is …why would you not want to have it?
    Why would you not want to follow in Jesus' Footsteps and be baptized unto his Name, and receive this awesome blessing!

Its like going to moms house for Thanksgiving for Dinner and not getting any of that wonderful desert that she makes every year that you love so much. You know your gonna eat some of that!
    Why not eat the best things that GOD has to offer you too?
    Your heavenly Father wants to bless you in ways that you can't even begin to imagine!

All you have to do is have Faith and Obey. Its really that easy.

In Jesus Name…
    GOD Bless you all!

Romans 1:5  
    By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Samuel
    Participant

First off I voted yes…

These are some of the facts:
    Why because Jesus commanded them to go forth “Baptizing” in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

The Disciples saw that name to be Jesus…Why do I say this…Because you can't show me anywhere in the Bible where they baptized anyone in water unto this formula.  Every time they baptized someone they did it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:37-45
    37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Cor 1:13  
    Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Cor 1:14 .
    I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1 Cor 1:15
    Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

1 Cor 1:16
    And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

Now…

Does that mean if you are not baptized your not going to heaven?
    Being as how I'm not GOD I can't answer you that question.  He decides who comes and goes…and I believe those that come in Jesus Name…or the ones that are going to be allowed to enter into the kingdom of GOD.

However, we can argue did the disciples understand Jesus right?
    Well…he did not correct what they did…so they must have done it right.   I'm supremely confident that Jesus would have corrected them if they were doing something wrong.

And here or some more Facts:

Acts 19:4    Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Mark 1:8    I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John 1:33    And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 11:16    Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

This is a water baptism, which the Israel was very familiar with.  They were already practicing forms of baptism.  That one good reason why they were so willing to come forth and receive this baptism.

Matthew 3:11    
    I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:  

Luke 3:16  
    John answered, saying unto [them] all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Well how do you know if you've been baptized with the Holy Ghost?  First off let me just say…no one is going to have to tell you…”You just received the Holy Ghost”
    Your gonna know, but for the sake of argument:

Acts 2:4    
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 4:31    
    And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 13:52  
     And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:17  
     And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:3  
    And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:11    
    Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Acts 10:46  
    For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 19

1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1 Cor 12:10    
    To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Cor 12:28  
    28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Cor 13:1  
    Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Cor 13:8  
    Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Cor 14:5  
    I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater [is] he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1 Cor 14:6  
     Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

1 Cor 14:18
    I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1 Cor
    14:21 .
    In the law it is written, With [men of] other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

1 Cor 14:22
    Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying [serveth] not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Revelation 7:9
    After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Notice, some of the things that come with the baptism of the Holy Ghost…Tongues, Joy, Prophesy, Casting out of Devils, Love, [divers] kinds of tongues, diversities of tongues, Gifts of Healing, and many others.

How many people at your church have any of these gifts?  How many people do you know that have been baptized with the Holy Ghost and with Fire?

More people receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 9:17    And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

So does water baptism save?

1 Peter 3
    20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Was Jesus baptized?

Matthew 3
    13Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Are we really going to get this baptism Jesus was talking about?

Matthew 20:22  
     But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Matthew 20:23
    And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Here is a good question?
    Can you answer this question?

Matthew 21:25
    The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?

So, we know there is one Faith, One Lord, One Baptism, One Spirit…

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Which one is the right one?

After long studying and praying about this whole baptism thing…and such.
    I've come to realize this.
    The water baptism was the sign of the baptism that was yet to come.  
    In the case of Noah's ark 8 souls were saved by water.
    Jesus came and was baptized by water and the Holy Ghost.
    Thus he in turn told us that we would be baptized by that same baptism.
    This baptism is obviously greater than that of water.  And feels far more better.

However,
    Is the water baptism going to kill you…what are you scared of?
    Have ye any faith?  That if you get baptized in water unto the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will not be saved and receive the greater baptism…the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

All this baptism…it has come to my understanding…that it hinges off two things mainly with us men…

1.) Obedience  

2.) Faith

Now I could sit here and quote scriptures to you all night long about these two things alone as that which I have done with the better part  of this post.  I love the word of GOD and it speaks way better than I could ever dream of speaking.

However, I do feel compelled to tell you that you have to Obey, the commandments of Christ…and have Faith in Him in order to receive any type of “Saved” or “Forgiveness”  Status.

If we can't obey…then we are going to have a lot of problems and are going to miss out on some of the most awesome gifts GOD has to offer us.

And, we constantly don't want to put our Faith in thins we can not see.  But if we just had the faith of the grain of a mustard seed…what things could be done with just that.  
    What about this?
    What if we had more faith than that of a grain of Mustard seed?
    What could be done then?

Some say “Well I don't know about this Holy Ghost thing”
    My question to you is …why would you not want to have it?
    Why would you not want to follow in Jesus' Footsteps and be baptized unto his Name, and receive this awesome blessing!

Its like going to moms house for Thanksgiving for Dinner and not getting any of that wonderful desert that she makes every year that you love so much. You know your gonna eat some of that!
    Why not eat the best things that GOD has to offer you too?
    Your heavenly Father wants to bless you in ways that you can't even begin to imagine!

All you have to do is have Faith and Obey. Its really that easy.

In Jesus Name…
    GOD Bless you all!

Romans 1:5  
    By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

seekingtruth
    Participant

I believe it to be something you should do but if no opportunity is presented before you die, then I do not believe the Father would hold it against you.

Wm

seekingtruth
    Participant

I believe it to be something you should do but if no opportunity is presented before you die, then I do not believe the Father would hold it against you.

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Good post.
    You say
    “So, we know there is one Faith, One Lord, One Baptism, One Spirit…

Which one is the right one?”

This is not used in terms of exclusion but to state what is plain.

Water baptism is the ONE BAPTISM as SPIRIT BAPTISM and FIRE BAPTISM are based on that type.
    Paul stresses the UNITY we should have being baptised into the ONE BODY and enlivened with the Spirit of Christ that we share. It is not saying only one baptism is true as scripture speaks elsewhere of several.

Besides if you look at the Eph 4 context you will see the Spirit already mentioned so to say it means that would be duplication.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Good post.
    You say
    “So, we know there is one Faith, One Lord, One Baptism, One Spirit…

Which one is the right one?”

This is not used in terms of exclusion but to state what is plain.

Water baptism is the ONE BAPTISM as SPIRIT BAPTISM and FIRE BAPTISM are based on that type.
    Paul stresses the UNITY we should have being baptised into the ONE BODY and enlivened with the Spirit of Christ that we share. It is not saying only one baptism is true as scripture speaks elsewhere of several.

Besides if you look at the Eph 4 context you will see the Spirit already mentioned so to say it means that would be duplication.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    If you learn of it and pray about opportunities they will come.

Samuel
    Participant

Baptism in water unto the name of Jesus Christ is something you do out of “Faith”.

The baptism of the Holy Ghost and Fire is something that is given to you as a “Gift”.

If it says in the Bible to be baptized…we should be baptized.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Its a no brainier really. It don't get much plainer than that.
    If we have a problem with this…then we have a problem with the word of GOD. And, if that is our problem then we have far worse things to worry about.

Samuel
    Participant

Baptism in water unto the name of Jesus Christ is something you do out of “Faith”.

The baptism of the Holy Ghost and Fire is something that is given to you as a “Gift”.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

If we have a problem with this…then we have a problem with the word of GOD. And, if that is our problem then we have far worse things to worry about.

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Aug. 24 2008,18:31)

Wow finally someone who agrees with me… haven't viewed this is a while since it was moved…

It is as simple as that. We are told so it is simple. Do it…

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Aug. 24 2008,18:31)

Wow finally someone who agrees with me… haven't viewed this is a while since it was moved…

It is as simple as that. We are told so it is simple. Do it…

Samuel
    Participant

Yeah…

Now…if for some reason someone has not had the chance to get baptized…

I don't believe GOD is going to hold that against you. If you had intended on getting baptized.

GOD looks at the heart. The inner man…not the outside man…If that is all he looked at he would be blinded by our flesh.

He looks at what your intentions were. What you feel in your heart…what your really made of in your spirit.

Would you have sent that person away hungry?
    Would you not forgive your X-boyfriend that slapped you?
    Would you be prideful, and take credit for something someone else did?
    Would you Judge people for there faults when you have your own …maybe even the same ones?

This is what GOD is looking at.

Not the outer man…just about anyone can doctor that up. You can go to church and look pretty on the pew ever week…

But whats in your heart? GOD knows.

Baptism is a flat out act of FAITH. And one of obedience as well.
    For the reward of that Faith you receive Gifts.

The baptism in water alone give no remission of sins. Blood has to be spilled to get remission and forgiveness of sins.
    You could baptize yourself unto what ever you wanted to all day long…without the Blood of Jesus you have no remission of sins. Some say they think the blood of Jesus is applied to the water when you get baptized.

Well…I don't know how GOD works. I just flat out do not understand everything about GOD and how he does everything he does. He's GOD…He just does it.

However, I tend to think the blood of Jesus is sprinkeled on you when you confess openly with you mouth and admit you are a sinner, humble yourself to Jesus, and commit in your heart to always server GOD no matter what, do a complete turn around in your heart from what you were doing to something new for GOD.

Baptism is something that we are just supposed to do…just like we are supposed to Love on another.

Samuel
    Participant

Yeah…

Now…if for some reason someone has not had the chance to get baptized…

I don't believe GOD is going to hold that against you. If you had intended on getting baptized.

GOD looks at the heart. The inner man…not the outside man…If that is all he looked at he would be blinded by our flesh.

He looks at what your intentions were. What you feel in your heart…what your really made of in your spirit.

Would you have sent that person away hungry?
    Would you not forgive your X-boyfriend that slapped you?
    Would you be prideful, and take credit for something someone else did?
    Would you Judge people for there faults when you have your own …maybe even the same ones?

This is what GOD is looking at.

Not the outer man…just about anyone can doctor that up. You can go to church and look pretty on the pew ever week…

But whats in your heart? GOD knows.

Baptism is a flat out act of FAITH. And one of obedience as well.
    For the reward of that Faith you receive Gifts.

The baptism in water alone give no remission of sins. Blood has to be spilled to get remission and forgiveness of sins.
    You could baptize yourself unto what ever you wanted to all day long…without the Blood of Jesus you have no remission of sins. Some say they think the blood of Jesus is applied to the water when you get baptized.

Well…I don't know how GOD works. I just flat out do not understand everything about GOD and how he does everything he does. He's GOD…He just does it.

However, I tend to think the blood of Jesus is sprinkeled on you when you confess openly with you mouth and admit you are a sinner, humble yourself to Jesus, and commit in your heart to always server GOD no matter what, do a complete turn around in your heart from what you were doing to something new for GOD.

Baptism is something that we are just supposed to do…just like we are supposed to Love on another.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…… Rom 6:4…>Therefore we are (BURIED) with him (BY) baptism into DEATH: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father; even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Col 2:12 …> BURIED with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen (past tense) with him through the Faith if the operation of GOD who hath raised him from the dead.

Question, exactly what does it mean to be buried with him in baptism. is buried with him symbolic or is it real. and if it is real in what way is it real. Can anyone explain this to us. I have an opinion but i will wait to see what everyone says.

love and peace to all………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account