Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,121 through 1,140 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    He had just said this to Peter.
    ” 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. “

Was this rock an adversary?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    The words of Peter were of Satan (the adversary) when he opposed Jesus.

Participant

Nick

You seem to read the bible like a book that has a simple narritive. You seem to forget these manuscripts were written years after the fact and lines may be years apart.

Its raining cats and dogs outside. We know what that means, anyone reading it 2000 years from now may not understand the symbolism.

I agree with Gene about the language used. A literal interpertation leaves much to be desired.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2008,19:14)
    Hi GB,
    He had just said this to Peter.
    ” 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. “

Was this rock an adversary?

Nick….again you show your lack of understanding of scriptures, the rock Jesus was going to build the church with was God the Father that revealed into Peters mind who Jesus was, thats the (ROCK) that builds the church, Its the Father Himself. Jesus had that power in Him also thats why he told Peter ,i say unto you you are Peter, He wanted Peter to Know He had that Power to recognize in Him also, Just like Peter did Him. Had you (studied these scriptures with God Spirit you would have understood that).

This is just another proof you quote scripture but don't understand them, any one can do that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So the mind of Peter was the rock.
    Interesting. Is it written?

Your constant claim that you alone have the Spirit is starting to look rather weak.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Show me were i alone ever said i have the Spirit only. I don't understand whats going on with you.

Let me try to explain what I meant by the ROCK being GOD HIMSELF, there are hundreds so scripture that support this, but I am not going to use them. Lets just focuse on what Jesus said to Peter.

Jesus ask him who do you say i am, Peter responds YOU are the Christ the son of the living GOD, Jesus responds back, Blessed are you Simion Barjona because Flesh and blood did not reveal that unto you (remember Jesus was flesh and blood), but my Father who is in Heaven has revealed it unto you, and i say unto you, tho art Peter, and upon this (ROCK) (the rock that enabled Peter to recognize who Jesus was) I shall build the church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.

The Rock that Builds the Church is God the Father, and does it through the truth being revealed in the minds of those he is working with, that's the Power or (Rock) that builds the church. Think about it Nick, it makes sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    It certainly is plausible.
    Well of course the name of Peter [ROCK] was given to Simon.

He was the first STONE- a man led by the Spirit, though not yet free from the inflenced of other spirits- ready to be laid in the church of God.

Eph2
    19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..believe me brother the (ROCK) mentioned by Jesus was referencing GOD the Father.

peace………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You often do this.
    Having said something you then claim an infallible view on it.
    Why is this?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    Jesus is called a stone not the Rock which actually applies to God because He only one rock there is no other besides Him.

Please see the verses;
    1. Ps 18:31

“For who is God besides the LORD ? And who is the Rock except our God?”

2. 2 Sam 22:32

“For who is God besides the LORD ? And who is the Rock except our God?”

3. 1 Sam 2:2

“There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God”.

4. Is 44:8

“Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

We can not make Jesus another God besides the One Rock who is the One God.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……..you could post a hundred Nick will not admit he is wrong.
    that why no one one this site can grow in understanding.

T8… if you are out there you do need to do something about this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Not so fast.
    Lk6
    47″Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like:

48he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.

49″But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Had Peter not built on this rock?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….. Still trying to twist things to get your way, Just believe Jesus said He was the Rock then or Peter is , I believe neither there so many, scriptures that prove you wrong a Adam and I only listed a few out many. There is nor Rock besides our God. reread what Adam posted as well as what i posted. The rock Jesus was referring to was the Word of God because God is the Only true Rock, that builds the church.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Do you not believe Lk6?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..the question is do you believe the many scriptures posted. evidently not, anyone can take one scripture and twist it to prove there point, It's the (SUM) of God word thats truth. You only look at one scripture at a time and that why you are so confused on subject. You not standing back and seeing the whole picture Nick.

O by the way the rock you are referring to in Luk 6: 47-49, if you will look closely is the (WORDS) of Christ and if You would have remembered the 10 scriptures i Posted Where Jesus said the words He spoke were not HIS but the words of the ONE WHO SENT HIM, then you could have easily figures out who the ONLY TRUE ROCK IS> Again the Sum of Gods word is truth Nick, not just one little scripture taken out of context to try to prove you right.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    How odd that when someone shows you a verse that should make you revisit your logic
    instead you say it has been twisted?

So It is the WORDS of the Father that is the rock in this verse and not the Father Himself?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    A favourite saying of yours is
    “Again the Sum of Gods word is truth Nick, not just one little scripture taken out of context to try to prove you right. “

Where is it written?
    Jn 17.17 does not say that.
    You should believe all of God's word and not just accept your own summary.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….You do that ok I'll take the Sum of Gods wor d not just one place that can be taken easily out of context.

It's obvious to all by now your here only to prove your self right and you are not seeking truth of any kind, you present yourself as a know it all and you despise those who disagree with your opinions. I personally could care less what you think I will continue to try to get the sum of God's word to find truth on subject, so you do it your way and I'll do it mine .

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Summaries support false doctrines.
    Better to collect all the treasures and see how they fit together.

gollamudi
    Participant

I think you are oblilised to do that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,121 through 1,140 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account