Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ July 01 2008,13:47)
    And every body wants to be right now, except for a few of us that really don’t mind, but greatly desire the truth.

:;):
    Love ya, sis!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:03)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,10:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,08:57)
    Hi not3,
    Do you think we should alter the gospel because of weaknesses we think we have found in it?
    God is merciful to save many outside of the way.

Alter it?  No.

But I do believe that when certain ones have come to conclusions based on their interpretation of that gospel, and there comes a time when they can see that there is potentially something wrong with their interpretation (i.e., water baptism being necessary for salvation and a child dying before they are able to be baptized), then their INTERPRETATION should be revisited, not the gospel altered.

Hi not3,
    We should obey
    and leave the rest to God should we not?

We should obey. Obedience brings blessing. However, we should reserve our teaching on certain issues as absolute when we are confronted with a problem in our interpretations.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:03)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,10:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,08:57)
    Hi not3,
    Do you think we should alter the gospel because of weaknesses we think we have found in it?
    God is merciful to save many outside of the way.

Alter it?  No.

But I do believe that when certain ones have come to conclusions based on their interpretation of that gospel, and there comes a time when they can see that there is potentially something wrong with their interpretation (i.e., water baptism being necessary for salvation and a child dying before they are able to be baptized), then their INTERPRETATION should be revisited, not the gospel altered.

Hi not3,
    We should obey
    and leave the rest to God should we not?

We should obey. Obedience brings blessing. However, we should reserve our teaching on certain issues as absolute when we are confronted with a problem in our interpretations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Absolute?
    God is ever sovereign
    but His servants preach the way of Jesus

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Absolute?
    God is ever sovereign

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1……..You have those here who can't see spiritual things and only focus on the Physical and thats the problem, same problem Jesus Had it hasn't changed. Jesus said the words he spoke were (SPIRITUAL) and therefore must be understood from a Spiritual stand point, not a physical or Carnal one.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1……..You have those here who can't see spiritual things and only focus on the Physical and thats the problem, same problem Jesus Had it hasn't changed. Jesus said the words he spoke were (SPIRITUAL) and therefore must be understood from a Spiritual stand point, not a physical or Carnal one.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,15:39)
    Hi not3,
    Absolute?
    God is ever sovereign

Those who say that water baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation need to consider all problems with that theology before they preach it. That is all that I am saying, but you know this. :;):

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,15:39)
    Hi not3,
    Absolute?
    God is ever sovereign

Those who say that water baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation need to consider all problems with that theology before they preach it. That is all that I am saying, but you know this. :;):

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1…So far i think i am the only that voted Yes, on the baptism poll , but I hope all know I am referring to spiritual Baptism, not water.

Mandy hope you and your are Ok, Love…………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1…So far i think i am the only that voted Yes, on the baptism poll , but I hope all know I am referring to spiritual Baptism, not water.

Mandy hope you and your are Ok, Love…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The way is preached.
    The rest is up to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The way is preached.
    The rest is up to God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Bro Gene,

I'm assuming that the poll is for water baptism, but I could be wrong? It just seems like that is the topic of conversation – do all need to be water baptized before they receive salvation? I say no.

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking. Dan's “recovery” is going slow and I feel our relationship dying rather than being saved. But I'm trying not to lose hope. I just feel like I have done (and continue to do) all that I can. I suppose I could write a book on how to love and care for your man! :laugh: But I cannot compete with with the bottle….

Not3in1
    Participant

Bro Gene,

I'm assuming that the poll is for water baptism, but I could be wrong? It just seems like that is the topic of conversation – do all need to be water baptized before they receive salvation? I say no.

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking. Dan's “recovery” is going slow and I feel our relationship dying rather than being saved. But I'm trying not to lose hope. I just feel like I have done (and continue to do) all that I can. I suppose I could write a book on how to love and care for your man! :laugh: But I cannot compete with with the bottle….

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,16:40)
    Hi not3,
    The way is preached.
    The rest is up to God.

Amen to that!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,16:40)
    Hi not3,
    The way is preached.
    The rest is up to God.

Amen to that!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,16:43)
    Bro Gene,

I'm assuming that the poll is for water baptism, but I could be wrong?  It just seems like that is the topic of conversation – do all need to be water baptized before they receive salvation?  I say no.  

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking.  Dan's “recovery” is going slow and I feel our relationship dying rather than being saved.  But I'm trying not to lose hope.  I just feel like I have done (and continue to do) all that I can.  I suppose I could write a book on how to love and care for your man!  :laugh:   But I cannot compete with with the bottle….

Hi not3,
    Alcoholism is a form of idolatry.
    Could I suggest you pray against this aspect
    and bind the controlling spirit in the name of Yahshua.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,16:43)
    Bro Gene,

I'm assuming that the poll is for water baptism, but I could be wrong?  It just seems like that is the topic of conversation – do all need to be water baptized before they receive salvation?  I say no.  

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking.  Dan's “recovery” is going slow and I feel our relationship dying rather than being saved.  But I'm trying not to lose hope.  I just feel like I have done (and continue to do) all that I can.  I suppose I could write a book on how to love and care for your man!  :laugh:   But I cannot compete with with the bottle….

Hi not3,
    Alcoholism is a form of idolatry.
    Could I suggest you pray against this aspect
    and bind the controlling spirit in the name of Yahshua.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    As far as the poll goes the answer is no.

But we preach the way of Jesus-the REST

and not just hoping for the mercy of God.

Heb4

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account