Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Ah…..good point. Hmmmm. Well, let me take a look at this in the morning when I'm more awake.
    Off to bed I go….
    Thanks, Nick.

Goodnight,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    In water baptism you partake in the death of Christ with him.

Rom6
    3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

He went outside of the city in shame to die. We too must join with him.

Heb13
    12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

13Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

14For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    In water baptism you partake in the death of Christ with him.

Rom6
    3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

He went outside of the city in shame to die. We too must join with him.

Heb13
    12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

13Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

14For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We must be buried with him in baptism so that the Spirit can raise us.

Col2
    10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..>Being buried with Him in Baptism is performed by the Baptism of Spirit , that puts our wills to death as it did Jesus, Water baptism puts nothing to death it's is only symbolic of the true spiritual baptism given to us by God through Christ. Notice in your quote of verse 12…buried with him in baptism not plural so which baptism is it, water or spirit.
    I believe its Spirit. Because once a person receives the spirit of (TRUTH) that begins the change in His or Her life. It's The Baptism of Jesus that counts.

IMO……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Really?
    BURIED BY THE SPIRIT??
    WILLS PUT TO DEATH??

You should not have to rely on opinion.
    Baptism is batism.
    Baptism in the Spirit is baptism in the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….wrong Jesus' Death was not when He physically died on the cross, He died before that by putting His will to death which He did all during his life the cross was Just the climax of what he was doing all along.

You keep seeing things in a physical sense instead of a spiritual one. The flesh profits nothing but the spirit does. Jesus put His soul to death it wasn't about the body it was about his soul his (WILL)that He gave up, the body profits nothing . Surely you know that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….wrong Jesus' Death was not when He physically died on the cross, He died before that by putting His will to death which He did all during his life the cross was Just the climax of what he was doing all along.

You keep seeing things in a physical sense instead of a spiritual one. The flesh profits nothing but the spirit does. Jesus put His soul to death it wasn't about the body it was about his soul his (WILL)that He gave up, the body profits nothing . Surely you know that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Isa 53:10 and verse 12….> says Because he poured out his (SOUL) not Just His Flesh His sacrifice went beyond the flesh. The Key is Soul because that includes His (WILL).

peace brother……gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Isa 53:10 and verse 12….> says Because he poured out his (SOUL) not Just His Flesh His sacrifice went beyond the flesh. The Key is Soul because that includes His (WILL).

peace brother……gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Jesus has no separate will any more, like we have to ultimately do to become like Jesus. The only (WILL) functioning in Jesus is the Fathers WILL> Thats what it means when it says thy kingdom come (THY WILL) be done. Only one WILL, be done in Gods Kingdom. That God may be ALL and IN ALL.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Jesus has no separate will any more, like we have to ultimately do to become like Jesus. The only (WILL) functioning in Jesus is the Fathers WILL> Thats what it means when it says thy kingdom come (THY WILL) be done. Only one WILL, be done in Gods Kingdom. That God may be ALL and IN ALL.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Being buried with Jesus is what the Spirit does it's what put our wills to death, God pours His Spirit on Us like He did the apostles and then they became converted. The Baptism of Jesus is with Spirit and Fire, as John plainly said.

You need to address questions put to you , instead of ignoring them .

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is it written?
    We should not make it up should we?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is 53
    10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

So where is it written as you say?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is 53
    10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

So where is it written as you say?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….i just showed you, you just don't get it. Water baptism does NOT put you to death with Jesus it's is just symbolic of Spiritual Baptism, cant you see that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….i just showed you, you just don't get it. Water baptism does NOT put you to death with Jesus it's is just symbolic of Spiritual Baptism, cant you see that.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 30 2008,14:00)

I agree…Gene hit the nail on the head..its just symbolic…the spirit is what saves

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 30 2008,14:00)

I agree…Gene hit the nail on the head..its just symbolic…the spirit is what saves

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account