Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You need to borrow my specs?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You need to borrow my specs?

gollamudi
    Participant

May be you need Nick, I don't see any water baptism that saves or purges my conscience it is only the unblemished blood of Jesus and the pure word of God that changes our hearts.

gollamudi
    Participant

May be you need Nick, I don't see any water baptism that saves or purges my conscience it is only the unblemished blood of Jesus and the pure word of God that changes our hearts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The sprinkling of the blood does cleanse us and make us fit to be filled with the treasure.
    Can you order this to be done?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The sprinkling of the blood does cleanse us and make us fit to be filled with the treasure.
    Can you order this to be done?

gollamudi
    Participant

It is only by faith and believing in the great sacrifice of our Lord that is shedding of his precious blood for you and me. Please see 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 “realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct, handed on by your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold
    but with the precious blood of Christ as of a spotless unblemished lamb”

and also 1 Pet 1:22-23

22 “Since you have purified yourselves by obedience to the truth for sincere mutual love, love one another intensely from a (pure) heart.
    23 You have been born anew, not from perishable but from imperishable seed, through the living and abiding word of God”

Thanks
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

It is only by faith and believing in the great sacrifice of our Lord that is shedding of his precious blood for you and me. Please see 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 “realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct, handed on by your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold
    but with the precious blood of Christ as of a spotless unblemished lamb”

and also 1 Pet 1:22-23

22 “Since you have purified yourselves by obedience to the truth for sincere mutual love, love one another intensely from a (pure) heart.
    23 You have been born anew, not from perishable but from imperishable seed, through the living and abiding word of God”

Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Even demons believe.
    We cannot order up the sprinkling of the blood as it is the work of God.
    Why should God take seriously any of our claims that we believe in any sort of committed way?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Even demons believe.
    We cannot order up the sprinkling of the blood as it is the work of God.
    Why should God take seriously any of our claims that we believe in any sort of committed way?

gollamudi
    Participant

Come on Nick,
    What is this 'order' business I didn't follow you. You see my posts on cleansing of our consciences by the precious blood of Jesus. No more mindless questions please.

gollamudi
    Participant

Come on Nick,
    What is this 'order' business I didn't follow you. You see my posts on cleansing of our consciences by the precious blood of Jesus. No more mindless questions please.

Not3in1
    Participant

Really Nick, I don't believe you read my post. Your last post is still saying, “Even demons believe.” Do you believe that salvation is of faith? If so, as I said, their belief cannot save them. Perhaps you do not agree?

At any rate, the scriptures you quoted actually side with my argument and not yours – did you notice? :;):

Not3in1
    Participant

Really Nick, I don't believe you read my post. Your last post is still saying, “Even demons believe.” Do you believe that salvation is of faith? If so, as I said, their belief cannot save them. Perhaps you do not agree?

At any rate, the scriptures you quoted actually side with my argument and not yours – did you notice? :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    God alone saves.
    All the hopes of men for His forgiveness and rescue depend on His decisions.
    It amazes me that so many think they can order these things to be done by God according to their ideas.
    Guided by their traditions and their shallow reading of the Word they declare their own way
    If they really feared God they would take a different attitude.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    God alone saves.
    All the hopes of men for His forgiveness and rescue depend on His decisions.
    It amazes me that so many think they can order these things to be done by God according to their ideas.
    Guided by their traditions and their shallow reading of the Word they declare their own way
    If they really feared God they would take a different attitude.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You make this statement
    ” But all will be in the second resurrection. because God did not create His creation to be destroyed “
    Really? Have you not read Revelation?
    Whence this fine philosophy?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……If you understood the synbolic language usd in revelation you could easley figure out what it is really saying, but sense you can't i understand you confusion, You take every thing literally it says and don't discern the spiritual and symbolic things, but if you just understood the very first sentence of the first chapter you could have figured out it's a symbolic book, written in symbolic language. Heres something I would like to see if your physical and literal mind can answer, “Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.” how is that literally and physically achieved then ? that alone should give you a clue.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..You have Just described your self brother, go look in a mirror. It a perfect image of you,your describing, Again you are playing the part of Judge and accuser.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..You have Just described your self brother, go look in a mirror. It a perfect image of you,your describing, Again you are playing the part of Judge and accuser.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account