Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Supergeek (funny name – it reminded me of the 70's song, “Super Freak”)  :)

Anyway, I kinda liked the green!  :;):   But I understand it might be hard for Irene to read.

Um, about having to be baptized to be saved, ya I have a problem with that.  Only because there are scads of verses that mention salvation being had by those who were not commanded to be baptized.  I could list some favorites for you but it will have to be later tonight.  Mostly the combination that I see for salvation is believed and be saved.

Glad you're here!
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SG,
    Short answer NO.
    God can and does save many by mercy alone.

The way of Jesus . YES

When belief is mentioned it is obedient belief.
    Acts 16
    29Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SG,
    Short answer NO.

The way of Jesus . YES

Acts 16
    29Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2008,08:40)
    Hi SG,
    Short answer NO.

The way of Jesus . YES

Acts 16

What is important to rember is that He was still baptized. (I have an article on this except it refers to Coruneils) So he may not have been saved if he wasn't baptized

Also Mandy please show verses.

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2008,08:40)
    Hi SG,
    Short answer NO.

The way of Jesus . YES

Acts 16

What is important to rember is that He was still baptized. (I have an article on this except it refers to Coruneils) So he may not have been saved if he wasn't baptized

Also Mandy please show verses.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SG,
    It is the way.
    God requires our obedience to his demands.
    Men cannot see why, or are too proud to submit sometimes.
    They may find themselves at the wedding feast wrongly dressed as we are clothed in Christ in baptism.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SG,
    It is the way.
    They may find themselves at the wedding feast wrongly dressed as we are clothed in Christ in baptism.

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2008,08:50)
    Hi SG,
    It is the way.

This link is really about sials but it may help you understand
    <a href="http://z4.invisionfree.com/YCTA/index.php?showtopic=8The” target=”_blank”>http://z4.invisionfree.com/YCTA…&#8230;.Baptism

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2008,08:50)
    Hi SG,
    It is the way.

This link is really about sials but it may help you understand
    <a href="http://z4.invisionfree.com/YCTA/index.php?showtopic=8The” target=”_blank”>http://z4.invisionfree.com/YCTA…&#8230;.Baptism

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Was Peter lying when he said we are?
    You confuse our rebirth with our promised resurrection.
    We have already the downpayment on our salvation in being born of the Spirit.

Eph 1
    12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………but you don't believe we are sealed remember you imply we must do the choosing, it's up to Us to make it by our, i guess free wills, to choose to follow God. Your form of salvation was never about being sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise was it? Because if a person is sealed, it;s impossible for him to fail right.

“O” by the way Jesus said He was sealed also, and He didn't fail either.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

The Spirit seals us and we receive that Spirit here.

2 Corinthians 1:22
    Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
    Ephesians 4:30
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Good you understand that, now i will ask you can you loose that which you were sealed with them. While we can and do all grieve the Spirit at time, the question do we ever loose it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    It is possible to grieve the Spirit.
    Receiving the investment is only of value to us if we produce fruit.
    If not the one talent we are given is taken away and we enjoy the fate of the world.

Mt25
    1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Not3in1
    Participant

1 Corinthians 7:14

For the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband…..how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband?  Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Romans 10:8

….believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:4

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Romans 4:25 – 5:1, 2

He was delievered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.  And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Romans 4:6-8

David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, who sins are covered.  Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

**This chapter goes on to speak of circumcision and whether or not Abraham was blessed before or after the symbolic obedience to God (which could also be a foreshadow of the obedience to another symbolic act of baptism.)  Romans goes on with this…..

Romans 4:12, 13

And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise……that comes by faith

This is just a few that I came accross while reading as the kids played in the pool.  There are so many more that point to believing and being saved!  None of these mention water baptism as part of the equation.  I will keep posting verses if you like.
    Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

1 Corinthians 7:14

For the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband…..how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband?  Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Romans 10:8

….believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:4

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Romans 4:25 – 5:1, 2

He was delievered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.  And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Romans 4:6-8

David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, who sins are covered.  Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

**This chapter goes on to speak of circumcision and whether or not Abraham was blessed before or after the symbolic obedience to God (which could also be a foreshadow of the obedience to another symbolic act of baptism.)  Romans goes on with this…..

Romans 4:12, 13

And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise……that comes by faith

This is just a few that I came accross while reading as the kids played in the pool.  There are so many more that point to believing and being saved!  None of these mention water baptism as part of the equation.  I will keep posting verses if you like.
    Love,
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..So your perception is that is that God's promises is revocable and He leaves it up to us to make all the right decisions then right, Did it ever done on you that only half of those virgins were not actually called and chosen and the unprofitable servant was always that way because he wasn't really chosen by God you can tell by how they responded they were not the Good Ground prepared by God, Like the Good Ground in the sower of the seed. The good ground was like the disciples who were given the power and understanding by God and non of them failed once after they recieced the Holy Spirit except for the one who was predestined to fail. Why was that Nick, why didn't any of the other also fail they constantly did before they received the Holy Spirit, they all let Jesus and they even denied His name. You my friend do not savior the things nor the (POWER) of GOD. You don't see how God gets into the mind and changes the thinking to conform to His, you Just don't get it. And God the Father does (NOT) ever Fail. Your reasoning would make Judas a self failure and not the operation of God at all, a random chance. So therefore He is eternally destroyed in you little book of horrors, because he had his chance and failed right. So he will be cast into outer darkness along with most all of man kind right,. While you and and the 1% of man kind left will sing out into all eternity how Great we are to each other, and pat each other on the backs because your so great right making all the right decission on your own. Good Luck your going to need it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    There is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus
    Yet you seem to want to dish it out to others.
    You should rather abide in the Word

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Why should anyone need any luck if all are saved??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Even demons believe.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account