Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 20 2008,17:09)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,12:54)
    Hi GB,
    You see the foundation prescribed by God is Heb 6 is different to yours.
    It includes BAPTISMS.

1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Perhaps you have misinterpreted scripture?

NicK…..so are you laying (again) a foundation of repentance of (Baptisms) why would a person have to repent of (BAPTISMS) Plural because they are dead works,why Because there is only ONE BAPTISM Just like Paul Said and that  is the Baptism we received from Jesus the baptism of Spirit and Fire, the same one the apostles received.

perhaps your the one misunderstanding  and misinterpreting  scripture.

imo….gene

Hi GB,
    How is baptism the works
    of those being baptised?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Please repeat the question properly.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..i have no idea what you are talking about. And i think no one else does either. Look lets just drop this whole thing OK. Lets just agree to disagree. You have your way of looking at it i have mine. So lets be friends and let it go.

gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

I think thats the best thing to do on this subject…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Salvation in Jesus Christ is not of our own works but those of the Jewish man Jesus Christ.
    Some say that to submit to water baptism is to stand on your own works.
    Being baptised by another is an act of obedience to God.
    It is not your works but those of brothers.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi all.
    I think I have let you all know my opinion, I agree with Gene, Adam, and dk's last post. So I think I will conclude with this last post on this subject.

Blessings.

Irene
    Participant

Everybody Ephesians 2:8

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Peter3
    21 The like figure whereunto even baptism [908] doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Transliteration:
    baptisma {bap'-tis-mah}
    Word Origin:
    from 907
    TDNT:
    1:545,92
    Part of Speech:
    noun neuter
    Usage in the KJV:
    baptism 22

Total: 22
    Definition:
    immersion, submersion
    of calamities and afflictions with which one is quite overwhelmed
    of John's baptism, that purification rite by which men on confessing their sins were bound to spiritual reformation, obtained the pardon of their past sins and became qualified for the benefits of the Messiah's kingdom soon to be set up. This was valid Christian baptism, as this was the only baptism the apostles received and it is not recorded anywhere that they were ever rebaptised after Pentecost.
    of Christian baptism; a rite of immersion in water as commanded by Christ, by which one after confessing his sins and professing his faith in Christ, having been born again by the Holy Spirit unto a new life, identifies publicly with the fellowship of Christ and the church.
    In Rom. 6:3 Paul states we are “baptised unto death” meaning that we are not only dead to our former ways, but they are buried. To return to them is as unthinkable for a Christian as for one to dig up a dead corpse! In Moslem countries a new believer has little trouble with Moslems until he is publicly baptised. It is then, that the Moslems' know he means business, and then the persecution starts. See also discussion of baptism under No. 907.

Those who think that when scripture refers to BAPTISM it means Spirit baptism should see that it can only be applied when the word 'Spirit' specifies the meaning as such.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    I think we better leave this thread otherwise we have to continue in arguements.
    You say: muslim countries know the business of Baptism, yes because the propagonda of Chrstians made them know that otherwise do you think they are more thorough in Bible than any Christian?
    I feel Baptism of water is only a symbol of what is actually happening in side us that is through the working of the Holy Spirit. If the church feels it should be given Ok well and good. It is just like circumcision in the flesh as being followed by Jews even today. Your way of mentioning the words “sprinkling of water” “should be born of water” are nothing to do with water Baptism but they talk about “word of God” with which we are being converted into the family of God.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    What was posted above is a copy of what is written in Bible Gateway.

gollamudi
    Participant

I know you are skillful in copy and paste.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So baptism in scripture refers to water baptism unless scripture states differently.
    God is a God of order and not of confusion.
    Some even pick and choose!!

gollamudi
    Participant

So you finally concluded?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    In the book of Acts Paul and the apostles were led by the Spirit of God in their actions.
    We should learn from them and not judge the Spirit that led them.

Not3in1
    Participant

Jesus is our example.

Jesus was water baptized.

Jesus was not into symbolism or traditions of men!

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes I agree Mandy,
    But one thing you have to remember is that Jesus was a Jew therefore he observed all the traditions of Judaism like circumcision, observing Sabbath etc. Do I a gentile need to follow all that Jesus followed?
    Had the thief on the cross taken water Baptism to enter into kingdom of God?
    I believe there is only one Baptism that saves us is the Baptism in the Spirit as mentioned in 1 Pet 3:21 and Eph 4:4 not the outward Baptism in the water. IMO
    take care
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Did Jesus say only Jews needed to follow him?
    Does any verse, except the one in 1 Peter 3, speak of the saving power of any baptism?

gollamudi
    Participant

Sorry Nick I didn't mean that. I was only responding to Mandy's post.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..the baptism of Jesus is the baptism of the spirit and fire. The baptism of John was the baptism of water, Paul said there is one Baptism. Take your pick, i have had both. But if i had my choice of only One i would take the Baptism of Holy Spirit anytime. There is nothing wrong with both in my opinion, but only one changes your life, and thats the baptism of the spirit, as shown clearly in scripture.

IMO………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You say
    ” Paul said there is one Baptism. Take your pick,”
    Lets look at what Paul said in context

Eph4
    “4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”

Paul was appealing for unity.
    He had already mentioned the unity in the Spirit.

Baptism is just water baptism.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account