Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    “Nick……..Paul and all the apostles were baptized with Holy Spirit that's why they could do the things they did. It had nothing to do with water baptism . Every thing you mentioned was the Spirit at work in them, not water baptism at work in them.

I agree with Paul there is (ONE BAPTISM) That counts and thats Baptism of the SPIRIT< i will trust in that and you can trust in your water baptism if you want to, thats your choice."

You should know more that one baptism testifies for you.

1Jn5
    5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

7For there are three that testify:

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Where did i ever say Miracles (ALONE) were equated with salvation as you said i said, What you posted back that i said in no way says that, you are a perverter of the truth, Anyone who misquotes some one on this form is no more than a Lier. And you have done this more then once to me and others also. If your going to say someone said something at least have your proof and quote it exactly like they said it.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You seem to make a habit of accusing.
    Why?
    Revelation 12:10
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I will let you accuse your self then, Did you quote me right or did you say i said something i did not say , if some one did that to you would you say they were lying about what you said? And i think your the one accusing people of saying things they did not say not me. Thats a problem you have not me. If i say some one said something i will back it up word for word. And if i did misquote some one i would have the decency to apologize to them.

Get off you pedistol you darn right i accused you of lying because you were lying. The difference between me and the one you referring me to is He is a false accuser and a false witness much like people who say some one said something they did not say, does that ring a bell.

How you get away with this with out T8 talking to you about it is beyond me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You must abide in scripture.
    Nobody is attacking you but only the foundations you suggest we build on.
    They are suspect

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Hebrews 10:22
    Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1 Corinthians 6:11
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, ………… and by the Spirit of our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Water baptism without repentance is an ineffectual ritual as with Simon magus.
    But the order in which God does things is laid out clearly.
    First we are washed and established in Christ
    then Christ anoints with the Spirit.

Acts8

13Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

17Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

18And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 20 2008,11:26)
    Nick…..I will let you accuse your self then, Did you quote me right or did you say i said something i did not say , if some one did that to you would you say they were lying about what you said? And i think your the one accusing people of saying things they did not say not me. Thats a problem you have not me. If i say some one said something i will back it up word for word. And if i did misquote some one i would have the decency to apologize to them.

Get off you pedistol you darn right i accused you of lying because you were lying. The difference between me and the one you referring me to is He is a false accuser and a false witness much like people who say some one said something they did not say, does that ring a bell.

How you get away with this with out T8 talking to you about it is beyond me.

Hi Gene.
    I know exactly how you feel about Nick. He does exactly the same thing to me, useing false statements that we supposedly said, and critisicizes us for our 'beliefs'. When asked to show where in our posts that we supposedly said what he implies we said, he never responds, because there are none. It is very frustrating, but we have to take it for what it's worth, “nothing”. I, like you, have also accused him to be a “false witness”, like he is. I'm sure that one who accuses others with lies and inuendo, soon loses all credability with others, as I notice some of the comments about him made by others on this site.

God bless, Gene

Blessings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone………Amen brother.

peace to you and yours…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You see the foundation prescribed by God is Heb 6 is different to yours.
    It includes BAPTISMS.

1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Perhaps you have misinterpreted scripture?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Talk about misinterpreted Scripture, I believe this will show you that it is you that needs correcting! Again, you use scripture that is to the Jews.

1. Though the title, “Hebrews” is not inspired, the opening strain shows that this epistle is addressed to Israelites “whose are the fathers” (Ro. 9:5), and who alone had the oracles of God. No author is given. This is an inspired omission. It is a grave mistake to seek to supply one. It is fatal to put Paul's name here, for his ministries are distinct from and above all that this epistle has for the Hebrews.

2. The Son is the Speaker to Whom the Hebrews are directed. His glories, as they relate to the kingdom and their blessing, is the great theme of the epistle. Beginning with a brilliant cluster, showing His relationship to God, He is given a place superior to angels, and to all the great figures in Hebrew history.

2. “Tenant” seems the nearest word in English for one who has the possession and enjoyment of a thing, yet is not the owner. But it should also include the distribution by lot. So we have used the phrase “enjoyer of the allotment”. The whole universe was created for the Son (Col.1:16). He is the Image of the invisible God, and He it was Who made the eons. Thus the Hebrews are introduced to the higher glories of the Messiah of their ancient Scriptures.

Your understanding of scripture is atrocious, still useing scripture addressed to the Jews, you try and prove,unsuccessfully though, that this applies to us today. You obviously do not apprehend what “correctly cutting the word of God” means (2.Tim.2:15)

You, correcting Gene and I, is like a child correcting his teacher.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You told us you are not a teacher??
    But now you would take the food from the mouths of the lambs?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    I am just quoteing scripture, not teaching, like you try to do.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,

Romans 12:3
    For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……… again you accusing others, and saying others are the accusers . No NICK, your the one still on milk and haven't moved on to meat yet.

IMO……..gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 20 2008,16:30)

Such boastings I have heard on this board lately……

Of course you are entitled to your opinion of yourself, but I can honestly say that I have learned much from Nick and would never consider him a child in the LORD.

Wisdom that comes from heaven is peace-loving and kind!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,12:54)
    Hi GB,
    You see the foundation prescribed by God is Heb 6 is different to yours.
    It includes BAPTISMS.

1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Perhaps you have misinterpreted scripture?

NicK…..so are you laying (again) a foundation of repentance of (Baptisms) why would a person have to repent of (BAPTISMS) Plural because they are dead works,why Because there is only ONE BAPTISM Just like Paul Said and that is the Baptism we received from Jesus the baptism of Spirit and Fire, the same one the apostles received.

perhaps your the one misunderstanding and misinterpreting scripture.

imo….gene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 20 2008,16:52)
    Nick……… again you accusing others, and saying others are the accusers . No NICK, your the one still on milk and haven't moved on to meat yet.

IMO……..gene

Thanks Gene, from someone who knows how it feels to be accused by Nick as well. We all have various beliefs as well. I'm sure no two people have exactly the identical beliefs, but to accuse someone of heresy and other degrading comments, has no place in our walk with God. Although I must admit, I have struck back at Nick with some venomness statements, but I guess in a weak moment it just got to me. I'll try not to do this in the future, “Sorry Nick”.

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 20 2008,16:58)

Quote (chosenone @ June 20 2008,16:30)

Such boastings I have heard on this board lately……

Of course you are entitled to your opinion of yourself, but I can honestly say that I have learned much from Nick and would never consider him a child in the LORD.

Wisdom that comes from heaven is peace-loving and kind!

Hi Mandy,
    I know you will appear again. Please tell some thing what you learnt from Nick, I am very much eager to know that.
    Love to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account