Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 05 2010,17:13)
    Hi T,
    It doesn't say.
    But the next verse says that he began preaching very soon afterwards and that ministry was in the Spirit.

The Spirit taught him Jesus was the promised son of God[Ps2]

nick

with a vision and blindness and words and a miracle.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 05 2010,08:44)
    Nick……….What is humbling about water Baptism, it did not Humble Me, Nor do i believe it humbles anyone else either, unless a persons EGO is so big it can't accept it. You should have been humbled Before you were Baptized as they were when the Spirit of GOD was Poured out on them. The Spirit of GOD convicted them in their hearts of there sin of Killing Jesus and that is what Humbled them, it was the work of the Spirit of GOD, and this is the way GOD added to the Church new members. As it say GOD added to the Church around three thousand that day. You continually want to makes salvation a work of MAN. That is (NOT) humbling Nick.

peace and loe to you and yours………………………..gene

Gene were you baptized in flowing water? It does make a difference. Flowing water represents the carrying away of sin and filth.

There are several types of baptisim which in Hebrew is mikva.

After a woman has her monthy cycle or after a man touches a dead carcass, they mikva. It is required in the Torah. It is a process of becoming acceptable in the sight of ELohim, YHWH.

There is also a mikva to the identy of Yahushua Messiah. In this mikva a believer would be baptized by another believer and the other person would ask in the NAME OF YAHUSHUA, so it is, so His will be done.

I will never forget first my baptisim. For me it was very humbling. It was very emotional. It was etched in my mind forever.

There are a few other types of mikva as well, one being gifted of the Set-apart spirit.

Yochanan the immerser did not mikva in the Set-apart Spirit, that was what Yahushua Messiah did. Yochanan mikva'd in water only.

I wonder why churches teach baptisim in water and tithe from the old testament and not the 7th Day Sabbath or the Appointed Times/Feasts?????????????

P.S. All the crowd who were there at Solomon's Porch on the Feast of Weeks who were baptized with the Spirit, all 3,000 were previously baptized with water, as it was their custom to mikva before going up to the feast.

Don't you all realize that they were keeping YHWH's Appointed Feasts even AFTER the death and resurection of the Messiah, else there would have been no rain!

Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that if anyone of the clans of the earth does not come up to Yerushalayim to bow himself to the Sovereign, יהוה of hosts, on them there is to be no rain.

When we keep the Feasts we do it for YHWH, and we learn about Yahushua!

Laurel
    Participant

Act 2:1 And when the Day of the Festival of Weeks had come, they were all with one mind in one place.
    Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from the heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
    Act 2:3 And there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and settled on each one of them.
    Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Set-apart Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them to speak.
    Act 2:5 Now in Yerushalayim there were dwelling Yehuḏim, dedicated men from every nation under the heaven.
    Act 2:6 And when this sound came to be, the crowd came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
    Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying to each other, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
    Act 2:8 “And how do we hear, each one in our own language in which we were born?
    Act 2:9 “Parthians and Medes and Ěylamites, and those dwelling in Aram Naharayim, both Yehuḏah and Kappadokia, Pontos and Asia,
    Act 2:10 both Phrygia and Pamphulia, Mitsrayim and the parts of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Yehuḏim and converts,
    Act 2:11 “Cretans and Araḇs, we hear them speaking in our own tongues the great deeds of Elohim.”

Act 20:16 For Shaʼul had decided to sail past Ephesos, so that he might lose no time in Asia, for he was hurrying to be at Yerushalayim, if possible, on the Day of the Festival of Weeks.1 Footnote: 1See Lev. 23:10-21.

1Co 16:7 For I do not wish to see you now on the way, but I expect to stay a while with you, if the Master permits.
    1Co 16:8 And I shall remain in Ephesos until the Festival of Weeks.
    1Co 16:9 For a great and effective door has opened to me, and many are opposing.

If you believe and do the works of my Father, you are annointed.

By the way the word Messiah means annointed of YHWH.:O

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………The point is Water Baptism, does not change you, it is the Baptism of the Spirit that changes you. John plainly said I indeed Baptize with water, (BUT), He who comes after me will Baptize with SPIRIT and FIRE. This plainly shows (TWO) types of Baptisms. Remember Jesus came to John to be Baptized by Him and John at first refused Him and said to him, “I HAVE NEED TO BE BAPTIZED BY YOU”. John full well knew the difference between His Baptisms and Jesus' Baptisms. It's Just that simple, water only get you wet and changes nothing, but the Baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT given by GOD the FATHER through Jesus Christ , transforms you and changes you in your hearts and minds. Then begins you struggle between you Flesh and the Spirit of GOD that is in you. We through the SPIRIT are trying to Mortify the deed of the flesh and striving to bring ourselves unto the perfect WILL of GOD the FATHER as Jesus did.

peace and love to you all……………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Laurel….> I know exactly what you are doing and saying, but you forgot that all those things that Israel was commanded to perform were only Shadows of thing that were to come , they were not the real thing Sis, You show where the feast of tabernacles will be Kept in the future or no rain will come upon that nation the does not come up and Keep the feast, but what you and the WWCG failed to realize is that those people in the Millennium are (NOT) Converted people they are still Carnal minded. The only ones Converted are Jesus and the Saints that rule with Him. We who have the Spirit of GOD, do not live in the Shadow, but in the real thing Sis, don't let PRIDE trip you up Sis. We are the real thing, those CARNAL Israelites and Gentiles, now and in the future are given carnal commandments because they (ARE) Carnal Minded. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 06 2010,02:07)
    Laurel….> I know exactly what you are doing and saying, but you  forgot that all those things that Israel was commanded to perform were only Shadows of thing that were to come , they were not the real thing Sis, You show where the feast of tabernacles will be Kept in the future or no rain will come upon that nation the does not come up and Keep the feast,  but what you and the WWCG failed to realize is that those people in the Millennium are (NOT) Converted people they are still Carnal minded. The only ones Converted are Jesus and the Saints that rule with Him. We who have the Spirit of GOD, do not live in the Shadow, but in the real thing Sis, don't let PRIDE trip you up Sis. We are the real thing, those CARNAL Israelites and Gentiles, now and in the future are given carnal commandments because they (ARE) Carnal Minded. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Dear Brother,
    What is the real thing? The TORAH. Yahushua the Messiah is the TORAH. In other words Yahushua embodied the TORAH by walking perfectly in the will of YHWH ELohim.

The TORAH is the way the YHWH instructed Yisra'el to walk then and now. Yahushua Messiah said to keep the commands if we love Him.

I am not saying that doing the commands saves, because one sin results in eternal separation from our ABBA. What i am saying is that once we realize that Yahushua came for the LOST SHEEP OF YISRA'EL ONLY, that we should follow in His footsteps, that even we need to walk in the TORAH, because it is righteousness. So we learn as we walk, and we repent as we learn, and we grow in spirit.

For those who will only believe, it is nothingness. It is vanity, for even HaSatan believed. The difference is that a true believer of the WORD is a doer of It.

Did you learn that you should keep the ten commmandments? Were you ever taught that as a youth? I was, and i was raised a SUN-day Christain.

It was not until adulthood that i set my heart on following in the Messiah's footsteps, that i learned what those sommands were, and began to do them. I was already saved before i began my walk. And i remain in His will because i believe His Word, and so the result of this genuine belief is that i do it.

Don't worry about me, i am well and good, and now growing in belief. SHALOM is the good word of the day. Completeness!

My belief has made me shalom!

Love in Yahushua Messiah,
    Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Gene,
    Are you saying that there is ONLY two types of baptisim, when i just plainly pointed out there are more than two?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Laurel……….I understand that the word Baptism only means to emerge in, Not necessarily water either. Yes there are may types of Baptisms. But there is only ONE that really counts IMO. The Baptism of CHRIST.

peace and love……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    Various jewish ritual washings are not relevant.
    True baptism is in the name of Yahshua, Jesus.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2010,07:09)
    Hi L,

Nick,
    Once again you babel on. As there were certain Jews back in those days who taught “the washing of the hands” which they still do to this day. And it is not so much that they teach wash the left hand then the right hand then the left hand again with water pourn from a “specific size and type of pitcher,” it is the blessing they are “required” to say after the hand washing ritual. They say “Blessed are You Adoni G_d for commanding us to wash our hands.” AND THIS IS WRONGNESS! For you will not find once single instance in the TORAH where YHWH Elohim commanded the washing of the hands! It is a “man-made command” which “added to the Torah” making the Torah a mockery to YHWH.

Let me show you some verses.

Mar 7:1 And the Pharisees and some of the scribes assembled to Him, having come from Yerushalayim.
    Mar 7:2 And seeing some of His taught ones eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault.
    Mar 7:3 For the Pharisees, and all the Yehuḏim, do not eat unless they wash their hands thoroughly, holding fast the tradition of the elders,
    Mar 7:4 and coming from the market-place, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions which they have received and hold fast – the washing of cups and utensils and copper vessels and couches.
    Mar 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked Him, “Why do Your taught ones not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?”

Mar 7:6 And He answering, said to them, “Well did Yeshayahu prophesy concerning you hypocrites, as it has been written, ‘This people respect Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
    Mar 7:7 And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men.ʼ1 Footnote: 1See Isa. 29:13, 2 Ki. 17:19, and Mt. 15:3-9.
    Mar 7:8 “Forsaking the command of Elohim, you hold fast the tradition of men.”
    Mar 7:9 And He said to them, “Well do you set aside the command of Elohim, in order to guard your tradition.

Mat 15:1 Then there came to יהושע scribes and Pharisees from Yerushalayim, saying,
    Mat 15:2 “Why do Your taught ones transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
    Mat 15:3 But He answering, said to them, “Why do you also transgress the command of Elohim1 because of your tradition? Footnote: 1See Mat. 5:20.

Mat 15:12 Then His taught ones came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees stumbled when they heard this word?”
    Mat 15:13 But He answering, said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted shall be uprooted.
    Mat 15:14 “Leave them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both shall fall into a ditch.”

Deu 4:1 “And now, O Yisraʼĕl, listen to the laws and the right-rulings which I am teaching you to do, so that you live, and shall go in and possess the land which יהוה Elohim of your fathers is giving you.
    Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you. Footnote: 1See also 12:32, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19.

Deu 12:28 “Guard, and obey all these words which I command you, that it might be well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the eyes of יהוה your Elohim.
    Deu 12:29 “When יהוה your Elohim does cut off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land,
    Deu 12:30 guard yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire about their mighty ones, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their mighty ones? And let me do so too.ʼ1 Footnote: 1See also 18:9, Lev. 18:3, Jer.10:2, Ezek. 11:12 & 20:32, Eph. 4:17, and 1 Peter 4:3
    Deu 12:31 “Do not do so to יהוה your Elohim, for every abomination which יהוה hates they have done to their mighty ones, for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their mighty ones.
    Deu 12:32 “All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it.1 Footnote: 1See also 4:2, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19.

Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to the heavens and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name, And what is His Sonʼs Name, If you know it?
    Pro 30:5 Every Word of Eloah is tried1; He is a shield to those taking refuge in Him. Footnote: 1Ps. 12:6, Ps. 18:30.
    Pro 30:6 Do not add to His Words1, Lest He reprove you, Footnote: 1Dt. 4:2 & 12:32, Rev. 22:18-19. and you be found a liar.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    The temple curtain is torn.
    Now Jesus is the way to God.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ May 07 2010,02:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2010,07:09)
    Hi L,

Nick,
    Once again you babel on. As there were certain Jews back in those days who taught “the washing of the hands” which they still do to this day. And it is not so much that they teach wash the left hand then the right hand then the left hand again with water pourn from a “specific size and type of pitcher,” it is the blessing they are “required” to say after the hand washing ritual. They say “Blessed are You Adoni G_d for commanding us to wash our hands.” AND THIS IS WRONGNESS! For you will not find once single instance in the TORAH where YHWH Elohim commanded the washing of the hands! It is a “man-made command” which “added to the Torah” making the Torah a mockery to YHWH.

Let me show you some verses.

Mar 7:1  And the Pharisees and some of the scribes assembled to Him, having come from Yerushalayim.
    Mar 7:2 And seeing some of His taught ones eat bread with defiled, that is, with unwashed hands, they found fault.
    Mar 7:3 For the Pharisees, and all the Yehuḏim, do not eat unless they wash their hands thoroughly, holding fast the tradition of the elders,
    Mar 7:4 and coming from the market-place, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions which they have received and hold fast – the washing of cups and utensils and copper vessels and couches.
    Mar 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked Him, “Why do Your taught ones not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?”

Mar 7:6 And He answering, said to them, “Well did Yeshayahu prophesy concerning you hypocrites, as it has been written, ‘This people respect Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
    Mar 7:7 And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men.ʼ1 Footnote: 1See Isa. 29:13, 2 Ki. 17:19, and Mt. 15:3-9.
    Mar 7:8 “Forsaking the command of Elohim, you hold fast the tradition of men.”
    Mar 7:9 And He said to them, “Well do you set aside the command of Elohim, in order to guard your tradition.

Mat 15:1  Then there came to יהושע scribes and Pharisees from Yerushalayim, saying,
    Mat 15:2 “Why do Your taught ones transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
    Mat 15:3 But He answering, said to them, “Why do you also transgress the command of Elohim1 because of your tradition? Footnote: 1See Mat. 5:20.

Mat 15:12 Then His taught ones came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees stumbled when they heard this word?”
    Mat 15:13 But He answering, said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted shall be uprooted.
    Mat 15:14 “Leave them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both shall fall into a ditch.”

Deu 4:1  “And now, O Yisraʼĕl, listen to the laws and the right-rulings which I am teaching you to do, so that you live, and shall go in and possess the land which יהוה Elohim of your fathers is giving you.
    Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you. Footnote: 1See also 12:32, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19.

Deu 12:28 “Guard, and obey all these words which I command you, that it might be well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the eyes of יהוה your Elohim.
    Deu 12:29 “When יהוה your Elohim does cut off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land,
    Deu 12:30 guard yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire about their mighty ones, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their mighty ones? And let me do so too.ʼ1 Footnote: 1See also 18:9, Lev. 18:3, Jer.10:2, Ezek. 11:12 & 20:32, Eph. 4:17, and 1 Peter 4:3
    Deu 12:31 “Do not do so to יהוה your Elohim, for every abomination which יהוה hates they have done to their mighty ones, for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their mighty ones.
    Deu 12:32 “All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it.1 Footnote: 1See also 4:2, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19.

Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to the heavens and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name, And what is His Sonʼs Name, If you know it?
    Pro 30:5 Every Word of Eloah is tried1; He is a shield to those taking refuge in Him. Footnote: 1Ps. 12:6, Ps. 18:30.
    Pro 30:6 Do not add to His Words1, Lest He reprove you, Footnote: 1Dt. 4:2 & 12:32, Rev. 22:18-19. and you be found a liar.

So i was wondering why Nick skipped over this.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2010,06:32)
    Hi L,
    The temple curtain is torn.
    Now Jesus is the way to God.

Yahushua the Messiah has always been the way to YHWH. This has never changed.

You would do well to learn why the veil was torn and what it really means especially being a gentile.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit[Acts 2]

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2010,08:32)
    Hi,
    Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit[Acts 2]

Act 2:36 “Therefore let all the house of Yisraʼĕl know for certain that Elohim has made this יהושע, whom you impaled, both Master and Messiah.”
    Act 2:37 And having heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Kĕpha and the rest of the emissaries, “Men, brothers, what shall we do?”
    Act 2:38 And Kĕpha said to them, “Repent, and let each one of you be immersed in the Name of יהושע Messiah for the forgiveness of sins.1 And you shall receive the gift of the Set-apart Spirit. Footnote: 1See 2:40, 3:19, 3:26.
    Act 2:39 “For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are far off, as many as יהוה our Elohim shall call.”

Act 2:38 ThenG1161 PeterG4074 saidG5346 untoG4314 them,G846 Repent,G3340 andG2532 be baptizedG907 every oneG1538 of youG5216 inG1909 theG3588 nameG3686 of JesusG2424 ChristG5547 forG1519 the remissionG859 of sins,G266 andG2532 ye shall receiveG2983 theG3588 giftG1431 of theG3588 HolyG40 Ghost.G4151

G2424
    Ἰησοῦς
    Iēsous
    ee-ay-sooce'
    Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites: – Jesus.

H3091
    יהושׁע יהושׁוּע
    yehôshûa‛ yehôshûa‛
    yeh-ho-shoo'-ah, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah
    From H3068 and H3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (that is, Joshua), the Jewish leader: – Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua.

YOU CAN QUIT CALLING JOSHUA JE_US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That was never His Name.

Je_us means “the horse.” The one who the pagan, Alexander the Great worshipped.

Exo 15:1 Then Mosheh and the children of Yisraʼĕl sang this song to יהוה, and spoke, saying, “I sing to יהוה, for He is highly exalted! The horse and its rider He has thrown into the sea!

Psa 33:17 A horse is a vain means of safety; Neither does it rescue any by its great power.

Isa 43:15 “I am יהוה, your Set-apart One, Creator of Yisraʼĕl, your Sovereign.”
    Isa 43:16 Thus said יהוה, who makes a way in the sea and a path through the mighty waters,
    Isa 43:17 who brings forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power (they lie down together, they do not rise, they have been extinguished, they have been quenched like a wick):
    Isa 43:18 “Do not remember the former events, nor consider the events of old.
    Isa 43:19 “See, I am doing what is new, let it now spring forth. Do you not know it? I am even making a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
    Isa 43:20 “The beast of the field esteems Me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I have given waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen,
    Isa 43:21 this people I have formed for Myself, let them relate My praise.
    Isa 43:22 “But you have not called on Me, O Yaʽaqoḇ, for you have been weary of Me, O Yisraʼĕl.
    Isa 43:23 “You have not brought Me the sheep for your burnt offerings, nor have you esteemed Me with your slaughterings. I have not caused you to serve with grain offerings, nor wearied you with incense.
    Isa 43:24 “You have not bought Me sweet cane with silver, nor have you satisfied Me with the fat of your slaughterings. You have only burdened Me with your sins, you have wearied Me with your crookednesses.
    Isa 43:25 “I, I am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and remember your sins no more.
    Isa 43:26 “Remind Me, let us enter into judgment, together; relate, that you might be declared right.
    Isa 43:27 “Your first father sinned, and your interpreters have transgressed against Me.
    Isa 43:28 “So I have profaned the chief ones of the set-apart place, and I have delivered up Yaʽaqoḇ to the curse, and Yisraʼĕl to scorn.

If you look very closely at Isa. you should see your reflestion in Ja'acob and Yisra'el. And notice the word “new.” These are the Lost Sheep whom YHWH sent His Son to gather at the “Fall Harvest.” But you wouldn't know anything about that because you believe another gospel that has done away with YHWH Appointed Times.

Finally…
    Did you notice that this verse you posted only says in YAHUSHUA's Name? It does not mention Father or Holy Spirit. And you will see if you search for it, that everyone who was baptized were only baptized in the Name YAHUSHUA and not “the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Set-Apart Spirit.

We only need to be immersed in the Name YAHUSHUA. See for yourself where the actual baptizing was recorded.

Mar 1:2 As it has been written in the Prophets, “See, I send My messenger before Your face, who shall prepare Your way before You,1 Footnote: 1Mal. 3:1.
    Mar 1:3 a voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of יהוה, make His paths straight.ʼ ”1 Footnote: 1Isa. 40:3.
    Mar 1:4 Yoḥanan came immersing in the wilderness and proclaiming an immersion of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

When we are baptized in water it is always through our personal repentance. This comes AFTER we learn we are sinners, which comes by knowing what sin is which is detailed in the TORAH.

Once a person repents they are immersed in water which is symbolic of washing away the sin, being burried in a watery grave, and coming up, or being ressurected as a NEW sinless person, who NO LONGER SINS.

Yochanan the Immerser is the one who came in the Spirit of EliYAHu, whos message was “Come out of her (Babylon) My people!” It is a message that rang throughout the Old Testament (TeNaK). Now wouldn't you know, that even certain men of old, knew the Messiah Yahushua Who was to come! They were immersed in the Salvation of YHWH Who is YAHUSHUA, YHWH is my salvation!

Can you see by the words of YeshiYAHu (Isaiah) that the “new” covenant ALSO pertained to those who walked in belief and uprightness of heart, in humility and repentance, even before the Messiah was born.

Heb 1:1 Elohim, having of old spoken in many portions and many ways to the fathers by the prophets,
    Heb 1:2 has in these last days spoken to us by the Son, whom He has appointed heir of all, through whom also He made the ages,…

Heb 1:9 “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness.Because of this, Elohim, Your Elohim,has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Heb 2:1 Because of this we have to pay more attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away.
    Heb 2:2 For if the word spoken through messengers proved to be firm, and every transgression and disobedience received a right reward,
    Heb 2:3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a deliverance, which first began to be spoken by the Master, and was confirmed to us by those that heard,
    Heb 2:4 Elohim also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Set-apart Spirit, distributed according to His own desire?

Heb 2:11 For both He who sets apart and those who are being set apart are all of One, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers,
    Heb 2:12 saying, “I shall announce Your Name to My broth
    ers, in the midst of the congregation I shall sing praise to You.”

Heb 3:1 Therefore, set-apart brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, closely consider the Emissary and High Priest of our confession, Messiah יהושע,
    Heb 3:2 who was trustworthy to Him who appointed Him, as also Mosheh in all His house.

Heb 3:7 Therefore, as the Set-apart Spirit says, “Today, if you hear His voice,
    Heb 3:8 do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness,
    Heb 3:9 where your fathers tried Me, proved Me, and saw My works forty years.
    (This author tells us that the Yisra'elites from Mosheh's days were “our” father's.”) We are not supposed to rebell like they did. We are suppost to SHABBAT or sabbath rest…

Heb 3:17 And with whom was He grieved forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?
    Heb 3:18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter into His rest, but to those who did not obey?
    Heb 3:19 So we see that they were unable to enter in because of unbelief.
    (true believer's today do enter Shabbat rest/guard the Sabbath.)

Heb 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering into His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
    Heb 4:2 For indeed the Good News was brought to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not having been mixed with belief in those who heard it.
    Heb 4:3 For we who have believed do enter into that rest, as He has said, “As I swore in My wrath, if they shall enter into My rest…” And yet His works have come into being from the foundation of the world.
    Heb 4:4 For somewhere He has said thus about the seventh day, “And Elohim rested on the seventh day from all His works,”
    Heb 4:5 and in this again, “If they shall enter into My rest…”
    Heb 4:6 Since then it remains for some to enter into it, and those who formerly received the Good News did not enter in because of disobedience,1 Footnote: 1See 3:18.

(Interestingly we read that the Yisra'elites of Mosheh's time knew the same Good News/Gospel that we have today, except they did not keep the Sabbath, so they “grieved the heat of YHWH ELohim.”)

Just wondering how many people on heaven net are greiving YHWH ELohim still to this day, despite the Spirit of grace.

Believe my words, becaue they are His Words, and i am only a messenger who has been blessed to understand Him.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2010,08:32)
    Hi,

Nick! Some unfortunately want to keep both Covenant that God made with Israel and the Covenant that He made with all people. The Old Covenant is in
    Exodus 34:28 and the sign that was between God and Israel in
    Exodus 32:16-17
    the New Covenant is in
    Luke 22:20 which is in Jesus Blood…….
    And Jesus gave us the Great Commandment in
    Math.22:37-40
    He also magnified the Law and made it Spiritual on the Sermon on the Mount.
    Beware for the wolfs that will come and try to take away what Jesus gave us, so long ago…..
    Paul tells us in
    Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another, another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in His own mind.
    verse 6 He who observes the day observes it to the LORD;…..
    verse 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to be a stumbling block, or fall in our Brothers way.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

HI Irene.
    You would argue with the anointed man Peter?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2010,06:14)
    HI Irene.
    You would argue with the anointed man Peter?

What are you talking about? Quoting the two Covenant is arguing with Peter? All Scrip[tures…….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    True baptism is in the name of Jesus.[Acts]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Those who have been baptised into Jesus can baptise in his name.
    They are authorised to do so by Jesus.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account