Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,261 through 2,280 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So now you think you are in a position to tell me things your have absolutely (NO) knowledge of. Who placed you in such a lofty position to say the experiences of mine or anyone else's were false and the product of deception with regards to my relationship with Jesus or GOD the FATHER. Please inform us who gave you such authority to make such statements. Next you will be telling me, all the Miracles that took place in my life and the many answered Prayers were not of GOD either. I don't need your or anyone else to tell me about my life experiences as if I were decided or not. Perhaps you are the one decieved Here , have you ever thought of that? Your trash mouth arrogance is not of GOD , that i can guarantee you. If i were you I would try harder to get that under control instead of insulting others. IMO

peace and love………………………..gene

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2010,10:29)
    Hi laurel,
    I disagree.
    God gave Himself the Name I AM WHO AM.

No matter which translation is used for the son of God , be it Yeshua, Yahshua , Yahushua or Jesus God understands.

Nick,
    You are ALWAYS in disagreement with me. You cut short the Scripture that reveals tha Name of YHWH. Yes He said, Hay YAH Hey which means I EXIST or THERE EXISTS, but all you and other like you need is to read the COMPLET thought which actually says…..

Exo 3:14 And Elohim said to Mosheh, “I am that which I am.” (HYH) And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘I am has sent me to you.ʼ
    Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.ʼ

So all you must do is finish the sentence and you and everyone else will know that the ONe who has always existed has a name and His Name is YHWH!

Laurel
    Participant

Nick i just want to comment that “yeshua”means salvation. YAH is the short form of YHWH, the Name of the ALL MIGHTY. So it actually it does make a difference, that YAHushua means Yahuweh (YHWH) IS salvation! Rather than simply yeshua which is salvation only. You see, Yahushua proclaims the authority of the ONE true ELohim, “YHWH who is salvation”, the One Who sent His Son for us to be saved from this evil and adulterous world.

Laurel
    Participant

Nick i just want to comment that “yeshua”means salvation. YAH is the short form of YHWH, the Name of the ALL MIGHTY. So it actually it does make a difference, that YAHushua means Yahuweh (YHWH) IS salvation! Rather than simply yeshua which is salvation only. You see, Yahushua proclaims the authority of the ONE true ELohim, “YHWH who is salvation”, the One Who sent His Son for us to be saved from this evil and adulterous world.

Laurel
    Participant

Hi laurel,
    I disagree.

No matter which translation is used for the son of God , be it Yeshua, Yahshua , Yahushua or Jesus God understands.

Nick,
    You are ALWAYS in disagreement with me. You cut short the Scripture that reveals tha Name of YHWH. Yes He said, Hay YAH Hey which means I EXIST or THERE EXISTS, but all you and other like you need is to read the COMPLET thought which actually says…..

Exo 3:14 And Elohim said to Mosheh, “I am that which I am.” (HYH) And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘I am has sent me to you.ʼ
    Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘יהוה (YHWH?YAHUWEH) Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.ʼ

So all you must do is finish the sentence and you and everyone else will know that the ONe who has always existed has a name and His Name is YHWH!

Laurel
    Participant

Hi laurel,
    I disagree.

Nick,
    You are ALWAYS in disagreement with me. You cut short the Scripture that reveals tha Name of YHWH. Yes He said, Hey YAH Hey which means I EXIST or THERE EXISTS, but all you and others like you need -is to read the COMPLETE thought which actually says…..

Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘יהוה (YHWH/YAHUWEH) Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.ʼ

So all you must do is finish the sentence and you and everyone else will know that the ONE who has always existed has a name and His Name is YHWH!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    It is not a name like george or laurel but a description of His nature.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ April 25 2010,14:39)
    Nick i just want to comment that “yeshua”means salvation.

Hi Laurel,

You are truly “beginning” to understand The Hebrew!
    [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă 'merely' means: 'he is salvation'.
    But [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă means “YÄ is Salvation”!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of (YHVH) (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2010,16:37)
    Hi L,
    It is not a name like george or laurel but a description of His nature.

Nick,
    HEY YAH HEY is just what you said, it is a discription of His nature. It means there exists.

The same letters are found in His Set-apart Name.

He does have a Name, just like you do else He would be forever know as the “unknown God” like this example:

Act 17:22 And having stood in the midst of the Areopagus Shaʼul said, “Men of Athens, I see that you are very religious in every matter.
    Act 17:23 “For passing through and observing the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN MIGHTY ONE. Not knowing then whom you worship, I make Him known to you:
    Act 17:24 “יהוה, who made the world and all that is in it, this One being Master of heaven and earth, does not dwell in dwellings made with hands.1 Footnote: 1See 7:48.

And what about this quote from the Messiah Himself…

Joh 17:25 “O righteous Father, indeed the world did not know You, but I knew You, and these knew that You sent Me.
    Joh 17:26 “And I have made Your Name known to them, and shall make it known,1 so that the love with which You loved Me might be in them, and I in them.”

So The Creator's Name is important. Here is another one where Yahushua is speaking to the Samaritian woman at the well…..

Joh 4:22 “You worship what you do not know. We worship what we know, because the deliverance is of the Yehuḏim.

(The Samaritian's obviously did not “know” YHWH.)

One more thing i just want to point out Nick is that ALL HEBREW NAMES HAVE A MEANING. ALL OF THEM. And even the name George and Laurel have a meaning if we look back a few layers. All names have meanings, that is how our Creator made language work.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    So knowing God is where it is at.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Laurel,
    God knows those who are His.
    They know Him and His Son.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….> you say”They Know Him and HIS Son” So tell us how or in What way do we Know HIM and HIS SON? Tell us How YOU KNOW GOD and Jesus. I will tell you how I know Him after you tell Us.

peace and love……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Fellowship with God and His son is in the Spirit[2Cor13]
    To maintain that fellowship you need to abide in the scriptures[2Jn9]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……You couldn't be any further wrong, Our relationship with Jesus and GOD the FATHER is the Holy Spirit and even if i never saw any scriptures that would not change anything. We do not maintain our fellowship with GOD through Scriptures. We maintain fellowship with The Father and Jesus in Prayer and Fellowship with Him and Jesus through the SPIRIT He has given us. IMO

peace and love………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Yes you do prefer your own ideas to scripture.
    A loose cannon

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 26 2010,13:54)
    Nick……You couldn't be any further wrong, Our relationship with Jesus and GOD the FATHER is the Holy Spirit and even if i never saw any scriptures that would not change anything. We do not maintain our fellowship with GOD through Scriptures.  We maintain fellowship with The Father  and Jesus in Prayer and Fellowship with Him and Jesus through the SPIRIT He has given us. IMO

peace and love………………………………………gene

Hey Gene,
    I agree Nick gives too vague an answer to satisfy what it means to walk with the Set-apart One of Yisra'el.

But i gotta tell you that studying Torah and doing it is how we learn and how YHWH teaches us Who He Is.

He gave us the Word, written and in His Son so that we can first learn what sin is, or more importantly, what it means to hit the mark. Because missing the mark is considered sin.

The Scripture is our constitution. Torah is life to those who walk in it and guard it, becaue it relcests all things from our ABBA especially and i do emphasize especially Yahushua Messiah.

Yahushua said that if we knew and did the things that Mosheh taught, then we would know Yahushua the Messiah, because Mosheh wrote about the Messiah.

Can you or anyone here tell me where exactly Mosheh wrote about Yahushua?

I bet no one here can, becaue i do not believe there is any one here who actually “walks” in the Torah.

Yahushua HaMoshiach=Word made flesh=Torah=Spirit of YHWH

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………Go figure this out, “YOU study the Scriptures for (IN THEM) You (THINK) you have Life, But they are those to speak of me and you do not come to me in order to have LIFE”. Life is not in Scriptures it is in our relationship with Jesus and GOD the FATHER. Your GOD has become scripture it appears. SO i would say your indeed are the loose cannon Here.

You need to come to Christ in order to have life, have you done that yet ? Anyone can quote scripture but that does not mean they have life in them. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Why do you cast scripture aside to develop your theories and yet your faith must stand on it?
    Freedom in the Spirit does not include freedom from scriptural teaching.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2010,07:00)
    G,
    Why do you cast scripture aside to develop your theories and yet your faith must stand on it?
    Freedom in the Spirit does not include freedom from scriptural teaching.

nick

it is understanding the spirit of Christ ,that is lock up in scriptures that we have to learn to understand,

some people can quote all scriptures but do not understand the message in it.

what that does??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

terraricca………Right you can quote scripture till your blue in the face and Not be at all converted, all who put Scripture above GOD are worshiping the scriptures as their GOD. We Must use The Spirit of GOD to properly understand the things written in scriptures. The Spirit causes us to grow in understanding and Knowledge as Well as GRACE of GOD.

Those who are of GOD HAVE PROOFS OF HIS EXISTENCE (IN) THEIR LIVES WHICH ARE NOT WRITTEN IS SCRIPTURES, BUT ARE PERSONAL EXPERIENCES> This is what give true believers their true FAITH, not scripture. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,261 through 2,280 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account