Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,161 through 2,180 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Acts is our demo book.
    How many were water baptised in the name of Jesus in it?

ALL WHO RESPONDED.

But you may wish to make your own theoretical way into the kingdom

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    you want that i read the chapter you quote and you don't even read the verses i quote you,were it shows you how to be reborn

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You falsely accuse.
    But the words of the apostles are only TO those who have BEEN REBORN

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    how can you prove to me that you have been reborn??????????????????????????????????????

terraricca
    Participant

Nick
    you should look back at your comments to see if i falsly accuse you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    I have followed the way of Jesus as best I know but I am not the judge.
    Baptised in water 1980 and sought the Spirit blessings.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    what you saying to me is that you have been baptised by submerging in your denominal churche at the time,and you do the best you can to follow christ and the saints by there word,and you have sought the spirit blessing and i hope you still do,and that you dont judge your self to be anything more. Is this a good understanding?????????????????????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    No.

Like Cornelius I had been reborn of the Spirit but not of water.

A brother had been to a non denominational retreat at which water baptism was offered and he had partaken of it and so I asked him to baptise me in my swimming pool and he did.

Then the trials and the walking and asking and knocking and seeking began.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 21 2009,11:50)
    hi nick
    first you don't answer the question,
    secondly pure water there no liquid water who can purify you,it is the words of the Lord by first recieve it and then apply them in you live that purify s you ,because by changing your old way of live to the new way of live in harmony with the will of God that purify's you.
    the same way that it say s “the man who accomplish the law will live by the law” it is by doing not only by believing.

terraricca…………Nick thinks water baptist cleanse us , even though scripture says we are cleanses by the washing of the word.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Was Simon Magus made clean?
    No.
    Why not?

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    I dont see you being like cornelius,he received the spirit from Christ as a man of faith and good deeds and Peter understood that the door was now open to the gentiles.
    you said your experience started at your baptism ; Then the trials and the walking and asking and knocking and seeking began

right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Did I say that?

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    this is your quote;

Group: Regular Members
    Posted: Dec. 21 2009,14:49 QUOTE
    Hi T,
    No.

Like Cornelius I had been reborn of the Spirit but not of water.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    In the catholic charismatic movement we studied the scriptures and particularly those about the baptism in the Spirit.

We sought this blessing and eventually God gave it to us.
    Having discovered His faithfulness it cast a new light on the beauty and importance of scripture
    It awoke a love of scripture and a search for truth and that led away from catholicism and to water baptism in the name of Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    so do i and it turn my stomac into a ball of fire when the truth is not preached ,i do not mean my truth,i am willingly to accepted new understanding,but the entire bible has to agree with the view not just two or three verses,and it as to be conform to the spirit of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So you believe the numerous examples in Acts are not relevant now? Many would discard this book.

When and why did our God change His plan? He does not change.

When did you prefer your assent to scriptural teaching?

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    as for the gentiles the letter the apostles has written to all churches it does not say to baptize them with water,
    ct 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
    Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
    Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
    Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
    Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

this talks about the gentiles not the Jews.
    the Jews have to repent for they sins according to the law of Moses,not gentiles they did not had received the law the Jews did.
    so baptism is only for the Jews,But the false teachers quickly use this as a opportunity to make proselytes, not worshipers of christ ,just like those Paul had to deal with in is days

NickHassan
    Participant

hi t,
    The churches are made up of those already baptised so they are not told to be baptised.
    Gentile and Jew are baptised into one body-Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Was circumcision necessary for the Jews?
    Now baptism is the new circumcision for all.[col2.12]

terraricca
    Participant

hi Ron
    I think you should read the all Acts book again ,one more thing were the Jews saved by the circumcision or by the obedience to the law.
    by obedience right.the carnal person always go for ceremonial exposure same with idol.and built of buildings ect.
    if you don't understand it maybe later you will .

Viewing 20 posts - 2,161 through 2,180 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account