Invisible church?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

hi all

the spiritual church of Christ is well and is alive ,and works with anyone who put to practice the commandment of Christ, her name is not of this world but of Christ world ,our king and our God is in heaven,were he looks after us the faithful one,the ones who obey his WORD.

our God does not live in house made of hands of man,NOTHING IN ROME FOR OUR GOD AND HIS SON.

THE TRUE CHURCH CAN BE SEEN TROUGH THERE TRUE MEMBERS PREACHING THE TRUE WORD OF GOD.
    OGAIN THIS IS NOT FOUND IN ROME THEY DO NOT TEACH GOD TRUTH.

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 25 2010,22:27)
    Is the Body of Christ invisible or visible.
    Well that question really matters little.

A better question is, “is the Church the Body of Christ”.
    The answer is yes.

So we only need to think of the Body of Christ and what it is like to understand what the Church is.

Romans 12:5
    so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
    The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
    Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it

Colossians 1:24
    Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

So I think we can safely put this debate to bed.

Is the Church the RCC?
    No, it is the Body of Christ.

Is it the Anglican Church?
    No it is the Body of Christ.

Are the Pentecostal Churches the true Church?
    No the Body of Christ is the Church.

Thanks for listening.

Shall I close this debate CA?

t8,

You would like to think so. But it DOES matter. Because if the Church is visible, then it is organized by the apostles. It has bishops and deacons and spiritual authority to wield.

If it is visible and you do not appear visibly WITH and IN it, and you cannot claim ignorance, how can you escape the fires of damnation.

No salvation outside the Church!

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2010,03:14)
    hi all

the spiritual church of Christ is well and is alive ,and works with anyone who put to practice the commandment of Christ, her name is not of this world but of Christ world ,our king and our God is in heaven,were he looks after us the faithful one,the ones who obey his WORD.

our God does not live in house made of hands of man,NOTHING IN ROME FOR OUR GOD AND HIS SON.

THE TRUE CHURCH CAN BE SEEN TROUGH THERE  TRUE MEMBERS PREACHING THE TRUE WORD OF GOD.
    OGAIN THIS IS NOT FOUND IN ROME THEY DO NOT TEACH GOD TRUTH.

You err.

The Church of Jesus Christ is present both in Heaven and on Earth.

Those on earth gather with the bishop established by the apostles.

Your faith is not the apostolic one. Yes, it is spiritual. Yes, it is corporal. Yes it is visible. Yes, it is invisible. Yes, it has the Holy Spirit to guide it. Yes, it has earthly servant leadership of ordained men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    The bishops established by the apostles are dead.
    Charlatans and imposters have taken their place in the world's church.

But the body of christ still exists and functions.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 25 2010,21:40)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 24 2010,10:35)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 25 2010,00:24)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 22 2010,15:23)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 20 2010,05:39)

On what authority do you rely to compile the list of books you claim belong in the Bible?  How do you determine the canon?

If you say, I just prayed and God showed me.  Then you MUST allow for someone else to pray and say that God showed them that the book of Romans doesn't belong.  Even if they are utterly false.

You have subjectified truth.  If not, PLEASE tell me on what authority you claim your list of inspired canonical books.

I'm waiting.

CA

The Bible is the word of God, or is it?
    Should I doubt what is written in “it”, and give more credibility to what was written, say, by the pope?
    It is God's responsibility to give us the information we need, and to be responsible for the accuracy of it; why would I doubt that?
    It has always been people, not understanding scripture, but to proud to admit it, that have made a mess of it, and still do; and that started way back in the first Century, with all their so called enlightened writings, and to make them more credible they called them saints.
    Those people then had no more understanding than people today, in fact I think less, as much of the prophesies were written for our time.

Georg

Georg,
    The cannon was established by the original church, the first church. The accepted bible included Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, 1 and 2 maccabees, and parts of Daniel and Ester. That was the accepted bible up until the reformation. Then, Luther removed them. Curoiusly he also removed Hebrews, James , Jude,  and the apocalypse.  Here is my question that I want to ask you.  Do you think he had the 'divine authority' to decide what to remove from the bible? If he did then why did protestants 'reinsert' the eliminated New testament books later?  Wouldnt that be giving them the same false authority as you say the pope falsely has or had? Do you reject the prophesy from these books? Have you ever read Wisdom? Godbless

mike

I have a Bible that has all those books in it, haven't read them much; what I did read was more history and events that had little teaching value, I guess that's why they left them out.
    Martin Luther may have removed some of the books, which I didn't know, but he didn't rewrite the Bible, did he? or write his own, did he?  
    I have only glanced through the book of wisdom, it appears to me as a chronicle of the book of Proverbs, and not exactly correct in it's explanation, and confusing because of wisdom is always addressed as “she”. What does the book offer, that you can't learn in the rest of the OT?
    You know, what Martin Luther did, start the great reformation, was prophesied, Dan. 11:34.

Georg

George

Actually Luther did write his own Bible!

After studying the history of Luther I hardly have the respect for him I used to.

WJ

WJ

Actually, I did not know that.
    The only credit I give Luther is, he broke away from the Catholic church, that did cause some changes in the church. But you're right, he was no model Christian.

Georg

Let's get back on topic.

Do any of you say that the Church is merely invisible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    It is certainly not that palace in Rome and all those solemn celibates playing at religion.
    That lot has no relationship with God or His son.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 27 2010,12:38)
    Let's get back on topic.

Do any of you say that the Church is merely invisible?

CA

Let me put it this way, it was not as long as the apostles were around, and for some time there after. Because of the persecution by the Romans, the church went under ground, literally. Then by 313 AD when Constantine stopped the persecution, some damage had already been done to the truth. The overseers, bishops, were competing for position in the church, and when the persecution stopped, they even competed for favors with the government. That is why Constantine stepped in and made some final decision at the Nicea meeting. The church from that point on went down hill, more compromising with the pagans just so they could enlarge the membership. I believe, the true believers were still meeting openly and regularly, but there may have been less and less over the Centuries, especially when the Catholic church started to persecute them after 565 AD. As far as today, I don't know of any true believers, I don't say this as an insult to any one, just stating a fact.

Georg

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account