Inference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 381 through 396 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Logic is a roadblock to being taught of the Spirit.

Where is that written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Like your words above it is not written.
    Neither does the word LOGIC appear in the book.

But much is written about human wisdom

1Cor 1
    For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1cor 2

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 8

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

journey42
    Participant

What are the spiritual gifts?

Kerwin,
    They are in the scriptures

1 Corinth 12:8   For one is given by the Spirit of word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    1 Corinth 12:9   To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit.
    1 Corinth 12:10   To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues.

Charity is the best gift (love),
    and miracles, healings and tongues a sign when the word was first being preached to the gentiles.
    Don't forget they did not have the NT completed to study,
    and Jesus' fame had to be spread,
    and this was from word of mouth, preaching.
    But we know now that from the NT and the OT, which God has given into our very own hands,
    and revealed to us in in more depth,
    all the tools and methods Satan uses,
    to confuse the world and especially the saints, by distorting the truth.
    We know he can copy miracles, healings, tongues, and even love,
    so now in our day, the last days, these “gifts” are not a sign to be trusted,

As for knowledge and wisdom,
    more is being revealed in the last days, as more events have happened, and we can see where we are more clearly in the last days,
    but God said “the Land is desolate”, because in the last days, evil has reached the full,
    Satan has been working overtime, around the clock, leaving no stone unturned, and busy setting up a system to destroy the saints by putting us into a corner.
    If we can not understand the prophecies, we will not know his plan, and will fall into his trap by taking the Mark of the Beast of which Christ warned us about.
    The devil uses men to carry out his plan.  Men controlling politics, education, power, armies, police, religion, media, and money.  These men use powerful mind control methods to dumb down the people, taking away all our rights, and freedom to think for ourselves, inventing things that are not really happening, using secret technology to spy, causing “natural disasters”, and wars, controlling the worlds food supply, making us sick, and basically leaving us very helpless so that we have to depend on them.
    These leaders will be severely punished by Christ,
    and the flock has fallen prey to them, and totally unaware of their schemes, as these men are paving the way for the “false prophet” to emerge and lead.  If one has no wisdom or knowledge one cannot connect the dots to scripture.  So this gift is also powerful.

but,
    Revelation 19:10   …..for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

One can have the gift of love, but still can get deceived into believing false doctrine,
    One can have the gift of love, and still possess no knowledge or wisdom,
    One can have the gift of love, and although possessing the greatest gift, cannot discern between the truth or a lie,
    therefore cannot hold the true testimony of Christ,
    for a true testimony confirms EVERYTHING THE WORD OF GOD SPOKE, and this includes the prophecy's,
    and confirms that the written Word of God delivered to us is sure, and can be trusted.

We are told  “following charity” to desire spiritual gifts, but rather that we may prophecy.
    UNDERSTAND, DISCERN, AND DECLARE ALREADY WHAT IS WRITTEN.
    Those that hold this “gift” warn his brethren or others what is to come, as already written, putting everything in the right order and encouraging the saints to go back to the Word of God and find out for sure, checking everything and get prepared.
    And when those prophecy's are fulfilled, we can be true witnesses to the flesh of Christ.

So the gift of love has to be there in the first place, before any other gift is given, and this is basic milk, that we should all change and learn to love one another, and also our neighbours else we do not belong to Christ.

The one thing Satan can never copy is the truth,
    and knowing “prophecy” means we have received the whole truth, and therefore greater witnesses when all is fulfilled.

John 15:15   Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

kerwin
    Participant

Journey,

Some of those gifts do not seem to show up and others seem to be common to man with certain individuals excelling in them. Sometimes they specialize within a gift. Each can misused like any tool but that is risky behavior as it might well be blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

journey42
    Participant

Thats good Kerwin

Now do you understand what it is I am actually trying to point out?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2014,06:32)

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 22 2014,08:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 22 2014,09:41)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2014,01:19)
    Hi KW,
    You need to write Godly wisdom according to human wisdom?

Nick,

I do not think you know what you are speaking of but I will point out that there is no passage in the OT that states there will be a resurrection of the dead and that is why the Sadducee sect of the true faith did not believe there was one.  Jesus pointed out that though it was not literally written it was implied by using logical reasoning based on godly principles.

Kerwin.

Job 19:26   And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

wakeup.

Wakeup,

That passage may imply that there will be a flesh and bone resurrection but you do not even believe that the resurrected body will be flesh.

Note:  I do not know the context so I cannot venture if it does imply such or not.

Kerwin.

The jews will be *BROUGHT BACK* to life in the flesh;
    Ezekiel 37.The dry bones will put on flesh.
    The saints will be RESURRECTED IN SPIRIT.

The saints will be as the angels.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    What is common to man is not from above

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Like your words above it is not written.
    Neither does the word LOGIC appear in the book.

But much is written about human wisdom

I agree with you but there is a few points.

1) You are seeing what you perceive are the inferences of Scripture.
    2) There are two kinds if wisdom. The first is based on the principles of the flesh and the second on the principles of the Spirit. It is the first Scripture calls the the wisdom of man since the second comes to men and through men from above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So you say.
    There is always more

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2014,02:22)
    Hi KW,
    What is common to man is not from above

Nick,

I am not sure that is correct as gifts are mentioned in the OT and some of those gifts of the Spirit are craftsmanship and like things that today we would call skills. It is has been a while since I read these things so I will have to look it up.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Would you downgrade what is of God to merely human ability?
    Do you not really believe scripture?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2014,03:54)
    Hi KW,
    Would you downgrade what is of God to merely human ability?
    Do you not really believe scripture?

Nick,

He is the one that challenges his creations to reason with him not me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes He wants you to be reborn from above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Connecting the dots is not the work of the Holy Spirit.
    It is the work on the natural human mind
    The Holy Spirit is of truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    The JWs use inference and one verse techniques and it takes them to doctrines that are ridiculous-such as Jesus is Michael.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

You offer what you see as implied.

But inference is a personal thing.

Viewing 16 posts - 381 through 396 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account