Inference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    AS soon as We find INFERENCE written we will know you are not demanding we see through human eyes.

The world is in darkness but you can see??

kerwin
    Participant

I know that God is righteous and does not sin nor is he tempted by sin.  I also know that God desires his people to righteous as he is even when tempted by sin.  I know the principles of this world are sin and that the principles of the spirit are righteousness.  In these things and other I have come into the light though the world may be dark.  I also know my journey into the light is not complete for darkness yet remains in me.   Still I urge those who journey along the same path to seek the light in all things just as they urge me to do so.    I also strive to warn them to avoid Satan's snares and seek to aid them to escape those traps they fall into and hope they do the same for me.  This is the way of fellow students of the Anointed who seek God's righteousness and his Kingdom.

I already pointed out where Jesus and God both used inference.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes you have applied the principles and measures of the world to sacred scripture.
    Righteousness comes by the work of the Spirit in men not by their useless striving.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 11 2010,12:30)
    Hi KW,
    Yes you have applied the principles and measures of the world to sacred scripture.
    Righteousness comes by the work of the Spirit in men not by their useless striving.

Nick Hassan,

Then you have not been listening for it is the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes, and the boasting of what he has and does that is of the world according to 1 John 2:16-17.

What I have done on the other hand is defend God's creation from defamation and pointed out that God desires us to be righteous as he is righteous even to the point of urging you to come more fully into his light. None of this qualifies as the desires of the world.

I am begging you to look at the use of logic and inference with new eyes that judge whether it is sinful or just tools God created that can be used to seek him as other tools he provides can. What you determine tells more of you than of either logic or inference which are related.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    God uses logic to draw the intellectuals.
    Paul became as a Jew for the Jews and as a Greek towards them.
    But the spiritual truth that is revealed to the saved is not according to the ways of man but of God.

Let your mind be enlightened.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan,

I am of the opinion that more than intellectuals understand logic.  I am assuming you mean one given to study, reflection, and speculation as opposed to chiefly guarded by the intellect as rather that emotion and experience.  I am of that opinion since people in general use logical reasoning though they may not understand the mechanics.

I have been attempting to explain the ways of man to you by pointing out what the principles of this world are.   I have also striven to explain the ways of God who is righteous.  To call logic and/or inference the ways of man shows ignorance of what truly is either the ways of man or of God.

It is my hope that your soul hungers and thirsts for righteousness and that hunger and thirst causes you to come to the realization that the Evil One has planted and fertilized a false belief in you that confuses a tool made by God with the ways of men.  When you realize it you confess it and God will pull it up through your faith in him and in his Son.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Why glorify the logic of men?
    Best to let the teacher teach from the Word.
    Your path is yet in the footsteps of weak and carnal men.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan,

If I glorify logic it is only because I know it is one of God’s gifts and thus I praise the maker for his good and wonderful workmanship. I have clearly stated to correctly use the tool of logic you must be guided by the spirit of holiness for if you do not you use the tool in vain. When you are guided by the spirit of righteousness then you are immersed in God’s word and thus listening to Jesus The Teacher.

If you read scripture, which is another tool of God, without being guided by the spirit then you read it in vain for the devil is guide.

You need a contrite heart and a broken sprit to benefit from the lessons Jesus teaches you through the spirit of righteousness as you must acknowledge what is true and call on God for deliverance from you’re the corrupt spirit that rules you. If you persist in calling he will rescue you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    I have searched 1 Cor 12 and do not see LOGIC as one of the gifts.
    I think 1Cor 2.10-14 describes it more clearly

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan,

1 Corinthians 2 does descibe spiritual wisdom and worldly wisdom in more detail and I am believe the same general principle can be applied to knowledge.  I believe logic is wisdom but that would depend on how the people at that time classified it which I am not possitive.    I do get the impression from scripture that they considered it as wisdom.

1 Corinthians 12 instructs us that God have given some the gift of wisdom while he gave other gifts to others.  That is what I wanted you to take away from that passage though God may have other plans.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Man's ways are not God's ways.
    Let the principle of 2 Cor 13.1 guide your understanding.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2010,10:40)
    Hi KW,
    Man's ways are not God's ways.
    Let the principle of 2 Cor 13.1 guide your understanding.

If you have been listening I have been urging you to let those principles guide your understanding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Then why do you offer inference and logic?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2010,13:13)
    Hi KW,
    Then why do you offer inference and logic?

If inference and logic is based on godly principles then it is godly wisdom. The fact you do not know that shows you are in darkness on the issue and have not chosen to come into the light. When you come into the light on it then you will understand what God desires from his people.

I assure once again that God wants his people to be righteous as he is righteous and through faith in the Anointed Jesus you can achieve that desire.

I have my own deep shadows that God is bringing into the light which is why I seek to understand scripture but I am not foolish enough to show contempt for the tools of God.

God will be with you on your journey out of the light if you are with him. If you are not with him then you will continue to stumble in darkness with no hope of the light.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You derive hope from little evidence.
    The greek philosophers have all but destroyed the truth.
    Logic and inference have been the main driving forces for apostasy for 2000 years.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2010,16:07)
    Hi KW,
    You derive hope from little evidence.
    The greek philosophers have all but destroyed the truth.
    Logic and inference have been the main driving forces for apostasy for 2000 years.

The only drive for apostasy has been the lusts of the sinful nature.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Continued analysis of the book and it's adherents is unhelpful.
    Stop thinking and submit to the discipline of scripture.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,00:48)
    Hi KW,
    Continued analysis of the book and it's adherents is unhelpful.
    Stop thinking and submit to the discipline of scripture.

Where is that written.  Did you perhaps write your own book to scripture because I cannot remember any scripture to support your words.

Instead what scripture tells me is:

Deuteronomy 6:4-9(NIV) reads:

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

and

Joshua 1:8(NIV) reads:

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi KW,
    Meditation is not analysis.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2010,01:30)
    hi KW,
    Meditation is not analysis.

I wanded to make sure I was correct before I wrote so I looked in the Merriam-Webstrer online dictionary for the definition of metitate and was told the synomyn is ponder which sounds a lot like analize to me. In addition under the entry for ponder I was told that “mediate implies a definite focussing of ones thoughts on something in order to understand it deeply.” Again that sounds like analize.

Analize by the way means to determine the nature and relationship of the parts by seperating the whole into its component parts according to the same dictionary. In other words it is probably merely a particular strategy of meditation.

I not possitive as I am not an expert at the English language but that sounds correct given the information availiable to me.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account