I'm New Here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    praying-4-you
    Participant

Hi!  I am new to this site.  I was given this site as a link to check out.  I pray that I will be able to find my way around and be able to be a witness for the Lord while I am on this site.  I have checked out just a couple of forums before posting this.  It looks like there will be many moments spent in reading all the posts here.
    May God bless each and every one who comes on this site with what He wants to fulfill in each life in order for His Will to take place so that He will get ALL the praise and glory.
    I look forward to sharing and spending more time here.
    Joyfully in Christ,
    C :)

TimothyVI
    Participant

Welcome praying-4-you,

May you find what you are seeking.

Tim

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (praying-4-you @ Jan. 04 2008,10:17)
    Hi!  I am new to this site.  I was given this site as a link to check out.  I pray that I will be able to find my way around and be able to be a witness for the Lord while I am on this site.  I have checked out just a couple of forums before posting this.  It looks like there will be many moments spent in reading all the posts here.
    May God bless each and every one who comes on this site with what He wants to fulfill in each life in order for His Will to take place so that He will get ALL the praise and glory.
    I look forward to sharing and spending more time here.
    Joyfully in Christ,
    C :)

Hello praying4-you Welcome and happy that you belief in Jesus and our Heavenly Father.
    May the Lord Bless you and keep you. Let us reason together in Spirit and in truth.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

acertainchap
    Participant

Hi praying-4-you. Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay. You will be in my prayers. :)

praying-4-you
    Participant

Thank you all for ackowledging my post so far.  I look forward to meeting with you from time to time on here.  I teach a Sunday School class for older members.  All except myself are between 60 and 97. Several of them don't have a serious knowledge of the Word and I am praying that God will allow me to speak His Word weekly so that they will truly understand who He is and what His Word says and how it applies to their lives.

May you all have a blessed weekend!

Jeremiah 33:3

Stu
    Participant

Quote (praying-4-you @ Jan. 05 2008,08:36)
    Thank you all for ackowledging my post so far.  I look forward to meeting with you from time to time on here.  I teach a Sunday School class for older members.  All except myself are between 60 and 97. Several of them don't have a serious knowledge of the Word and I am praying that God will allow me to speak His Word weekly so that they will truly understand who He is and what His Word says and how it applies to their lives.

May you all have a blessed weekend!

Jeremiah 33:3

hi praying-4-you

Why on earth would you want to do that? Doesn't the old testament tell us what an unpredictably violent and unpleasant character god is? I think you shouldn't encourage understanding of god through scripture. People might get the right idea!

You'll have to read my posts in “Why all the killing?” to understand where I am coming from here!

Stuart

:)

praying-4-you
    Participant

Wow!  What a way to start off the day!  I have been preparing the Sunday School lesson for next Sunday for the past hour and a half and I thought I would check my messages before I take off and start my day around the house.
    I was amazed at the reply from Stu.  I would like to ask before I answer the question Stu asked, “Why on earth would you want to do that?”  I am pretty sure I know what you are asking….but I want to be sure so that I don't respond in a manner of misunderstanding.
    I can respond to the rest of your comment though.  
    First of all……God IS NOT a character…..  He IS the ALMIGHTY GOD.  He IS NOT violent…He IS fair and just. He IS NOT unpredictable….you can be sure that everything He says IS true and the things that have yet to come to pass WILL.
    God is not responsible for human sin…He is the source of all that is good.  He is unchangeable and He ALWAYS keeps His promises.
    As for the Sunday School, it is an honor to be go through the scriptures with those wonderful, precious people that God has created and given life and purpose to.  It shows them everything that God wants them to know about Him and His way of life.
    I do not want to in any way be argumentive.  I just want to speak joyfully about God and His Word and love like He does.
    May your day be filled with God's wisdom and discernment today.
    Be blessed!:)

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Praying-for-you,

You will find that there is a place on this forum where only believers can post.
    The forum is also open in other places for non believers to have their say.
    Obviously stu is a non believer, so you must read his posts from that standpoint.

stu seems to be a very intelligent person with the mind of a scientist. But do not look for
    things to teach in your bible study class from stu, unless you are able to answer the questions that
    he asks. You may actually get some of the same questions in your class, so it is good practice
    to hear what stu says.

Have a blessed day,

tim

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (praying-4-you @ Jan. 06 2008,01:21)
    Wow!  What a way to start off the day!  I have been preparing the Sunday School lesson for next Sunday for the past hour and a half and I thought I would check my messages before I take off and start my day around the house.
    I was amazed at the reply from Stu.  I would like to ask before I answer the question Stu asked, “Why on earth would you want to do that?”  I am pretty sure I know what you are asking….but I want to be sure so that I don't respond in a manner of misunderstanding.
    I can respond to the rest of your comment though.  
    First of all……God IS NOT a character…..  He IS the ALMIGHTY GOD.  He IS NOT violent…He IS fair and just. He IS NOT unpredictable….you can be sure that everything He says IS true and the things that have yet to come to pass WILL.
    God is not responsible for human sin…He is the source of all that is good.  He is unchangeable and He ALWAYS keeps His promises.
    As for the Sunday School, it is an honor to be go through the scriptures with those wonderful, precious people that God has created and given life and purpose to.  It shows them everything that God wants them to know about Him and His way of life.
    I do not want to in any way be argumentive.  I just want to speak joyfully about God and His Word and love like He does.
    May your day be filled with God's wisdom and discernment today.
    Be blessed!:)

Praying for you. Good morning to you. Timothy is right when it comes to Sru. Posting in Believers Tread is very positive and I too would advice anybody that beliefs in our Heavenly Father and Jesus to post there.
    You are a very positive person and I appreciate People like that and looking forward to some of your Posts.
    God is Love and in Love there is no Sin. That is what we as Christians strife for to be without Sin. And if we walk in the Holy Spirit there are only good things.
    For that I am thankful for. Life is hard enough as it is.Sharing Gods Word is to be positive. So have a nice Day and may God be with you and keep you in His Love.

Peace and Love Mrs.  :D  :D

praying-4-you
    Participant

Thank you so much Timothy VI and IM4Truth for your help here.  

Joyfully in Christ,
    C

Towshab
    Participant

Yes, as a Sunday School teacher I would suggest you stay out of certain sections of this site. Its not good to to try to teach a SS class honestly if all sorts of doubts are running through your head.

Are you a trinitarian? I would suggest you stay out of the trinitarian thread if so.

Just be careful. This place is definitely a place of debate and unless your faith is strong you might struggle here.

Just giving fair warning.

praying-4-you
    Participant

Thanks for the warning!
    I do not have any doubts about teaching a Sunday School class.  I know that I myself cannot accomplish anything without the strength and wisdom from God.  It is His class and I am just a tool.  I was invited onto this page because there are few topics that I have been studying and I was told that this might be a good place to hear some good insight and have scripture references on different topics.  
    I will follow God's lead and continously ask for His discernment as I do in all areas of my life.
    Again, thank you for the warnings!
    Be Blessed!

Stu
    Participant

Hi again praying-4-you

I do not have any doubts about teaching a Sunday School class.

I am curious about your philosophy of teaching. I imagine you are looking after children whose parents are in church, and you have therefore put yourself up as a person of trust who acts on their behalf in the education of their children, ‘in loco parentis’, as the expression runs.

Is what you do education? Is it literally drawing the comprehension out from within the child? Many school subjects consist of critical thinking applied to a body of knowledge; the child learns the knowledge then synthesises his/her own understanding with the teacher’s assistance. If so, what is the difference between a muslim child and a christian child in this process? The concrete facts available to both are the same. By what process of thinking does each child come to such a radically different conclusion? Indoctrination is the obvious answer, but doesn’t true education allow the student to make a decision for him/herself about whether Jesus was a prophet or a messiah, or indeed whether or not there is any such thing at all as Jesus or Allah or the Judeo-christian god? Is there not a strong case to be made for Richard Dawkin’s point that labelling children as ‘christian’ or ‘muslim’ or 'communist' before they are critically able to understand the implication, is a form of child abuse?

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu What is Child Abuse would be if one does not teach a child at all what is right or wrong. In your opinion you would do that, I guess I read that into your post. So be careful who you say that too if you do not want to be offensive.
    Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Jan. 06 2008,19:03)
    Stu What is Child Abuse would be if one does not teach a child at all what is right or wrong. In your opinion you would do that, I guess I read that into your post. So be careful who you say that too if you do not want to be offensive.
    Mrs.

Yes I agree with your point that bringing up children who have not had any ethical education would also be child abuse. What I find offensive is that churches, especially christian ones, claim that they are the gatekeepers of right and wrong when clearly this is ridiculous.

Stuart

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 06 2008,19:07)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Jan. 06 2008,19:03)
    Mrs.

Yes I agree with your point that bringing up children who have not had any ethical education would also be child abuse.  What I find offensive is that churches, especially christian ones, claim that they are the gatekeepers of right and wrong when clearly this is ridiculous.

Stuart

Churches give lip service to right and wrong. But brainwash their masses into thinking that many wrong things are actually good and that God wants them to do them.

Stu
    Participant

Hi praying-4-you

Please accept my apologies for not reading the relevant post about your sunday school teaching. I glossed over the bit about the agegroup you work with.

I do recommend then the full truth for them. At least 2,000,000 humans, and possibly as many as 32,000,000 have supposedly died as the direct result of the command of the old testament god. Of course, the number he has murdered in the NT amounts to a small handful.
    One such man, Uzzah, was killed for steadying an ark on the back of a cart. What an ungrateful monster is this god you worship!
    Probably most of your students have some idea of the flood myth; the full implication of a god disposing of all land animal life (presumably the fish were OK) having commanding our good stewardship over them is the height of hypocricy. What did the plants do to disserve annihilation? (What did the herbivores eat on leaving the ark?)
    Perhaps your group might discuss why a being that created everything, including sexual orientation, condemns to death homosexuals in a very black-and-white manner, while our modern understanding is that all humans are on a continuous spectrum of sexuality. He also condemns atheists to death even though the finest line between a deist and a non-believer is finer that the massive difference between the deist and the fundamentalist.

Are they ready for the subtlety of the utterly incoherent belief system that is all the varieties of christian scriptural interpretation?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Does God owe you any favours?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,20:00)
    Hi Stu,
    Does God owe you any favours?

Why don't you ask me whether the fairies at the bottom of my garden owe me favours?

I think they do, but I don't make too much fuss about it because they have some very persuasive ways with their pudgy green fingers.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stu,
    You believe Jesus and Paul existed.
    At least you know they existed and spoke and acted.
    You have given us no reason for these matters to be recorded but just tell us you cannot believe.
    So how were they able to speak with such wisdom and do the amazing works that are recorded too in their own abilities?
    Surely they should be given some credence that the God to Whom they attributed such powers actually exists?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account