I'll leave the catholic church if…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 101 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

I understand YOUR predicament.  You can't refute the faith, so you set up a straw man so you can knock it down.

We don't worship Mary.

I reject your premise.

As for Paul's non-mention of Mary, you have a faulty view of Scripture.  Scripture was not intended to be a comprehensive catechesis book to find out everything you want to know about the faith.  

That is what the Church was and is for.

CA, first, thank you for sort of trying to answer me.  Although, you of course didn't answer any of my actual questions.  (I highlighted them in red for you.)

Suppose that my premise is not that you worship Mary, but that you PUT WAY TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON HER.

Let's make that my premise.  It would be the same sort of thing if you only chose to speak of Paul, but never of what Peter did or said.  That would not be balanced.  I'm saying that Catholics in gereral are extremely unbalanced when it comes to Mary.

To get the correct balance, the correct thinking, do you not think we can look to God's word, and to Jesus example, and to the examples of the Bible writers?

david
    Participant

Has Anyone seen a yellow ball? I seem to have lost it.

Elizabeth
    Participant

david

It's on page 9.

Georg

david
    Participant

Thanks. I've been looking for that thing everywhere.

Georg, do my arguments in the last post on Page 10 make sense? To me it seems so clear.

Viewing 4 posts - 101 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account